50+ Women for the Month of April

Options

Replies

• plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    It is raining here today. I went to the gym. Now my hubby wants to go out for dinner.:grumble:

:heart: Kathy
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    oh Kathy - it's so much harde for me when it's raining or snowing.......i don't know why we're so effected by the weather. Hopefully you and your husband can go out to eat and have something not TOO full of calories - i know you have a big day coming up tomorrow too. Just be careful ok? Try and have FUN! elli
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Thanks elli. We went to Uno's I did really good. Baked haddock and roasted seasonal veggies & water. No fried foods. Yea, I made it.

• plantlady99
    Options
    8836-008-16-1073.gif

happy_easter_basket-2631.gif

• ataloss
    ataloss Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have to admit that I am frustrated after a month of recording and then gaining when I went to the nutrionist :sad: Part of the issue is I'm 4 months along after a hip surgery, my hormones are crazy, apparently I still have some imflamation combined with bloating....add a tad bit of work stress, grandchild in the hospital - It has been a hard, hard March!

So, seeing a group for 50+ makes me think that maybe others have traveled down this same road!

On the positive side - It is April and the sun has been out enough to garden, I have been released from physical therapy, I have been recording and now I'll be watching the sodium very carefully!
    :flowerforyou: My goals are
    - to build up my walking distance back to 2 miles
    - return consistently to Curves twice a week.
    - watch the sodium (I found low sodium, low fat recipes for Easter tomorrow and I'll watch the ham! )
    - record a loss for the month of April

My husband lost 3 pounds this month! That is good!! I will lose too!

Thanks for just being here so I can jot down my thoughts!
    Vicki
  • LilWaterBug
    LilWaterBug Posts: 213
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Forgive me, I have not read all the posts but I will in the morning when I get up and get the dust bunnies out of my eyes...

Friday is my day off (nowadays - reduced scheduled) and I *really* took it *off*. I stayed in bed until 12:30 reading, dozing and reading some more until DH called and said he was on his way home. Got up, showered and went right back and put on a clean night shirt. Grabbed my book and headed right back to the bed. Stayed there until he went and got dinner (chinese :blushing: ) then went right back to bed again. I needed it, in a BAD way and DH was actually proud of me for taking the time to just *chill out*. This morning I got up and got right down to business. I didn't think I was gonna do it, but I did it anyway. Cleaned this house from Top to Bottom in anticipation of company. You couldn't tell it by the way it looks right now but once I pull everything together tomorrow it will be spiffy, white-glove clean. Pictures, nick-nacks, baseboards, light fixtures, you name it. It will all be clean. I just can't help myself sometimes :noway: :blushing:

I just wanted to pop in and wish you all Happy Easter!

Julie :flowerforyou:
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    HI EVERYONE,

WISHING YOU ALL MANY BLESSINGS. HAPPY EASTER, HAPPY PASSOVER.

ANNE
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Hi! I have to admit that I am frustrated after a month of recording and then gaining when I went to the nutrionist :sad: Part of the issue is I'm 4 months along after a hip surgery, my hormones are crazy, apparently I still have some imflamation combined with bloating....add a tad bit of work stress, grandchild in the hospital - It has been a hard, hard March!

So, seeing a group for 50+ makes me think that maybe others have traveled down this same road!

On the positive side - It is April and the sun has been out enough to garden, I have been released from physical therapy, I have been recording and now I'll be watching the sodium very carefully!
    :flowerforyou: My goals are
    - to build up my walking distance back to 2 miles
    - return consistently to Curves twice a week.
    - watch the sodium (I found low sodium, low fat recipes for Easter tomorrow and I'll watch the ham! )
    - record a loss for the month of April

My husband lost 3 pounds this month! That is good!! I will lose too!

Thanks for just being here so I can jot down my thoughts!
    Vicki

:flowerforyou: Vicki,Sounds like you are on the right track. Glad to see you on this thread. Keep your chin up and you will like the wonderful ladies here. Take your time and you will succeed.

:flowerforyou: Julie Wow, you go girl. Make sure you take another rest after all that cleaning.

:flowerforyou: Anne, & Julie Happy Easter.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,
    This has been a great day.:bigsmile: There was the usual fun 40 minutes at the dog park. On the way home I stopped at the grocery store and bought my first ever container of hummus. I got the kind with garlic to put on the little lamb chops and the fresh asparagus we had for lunch. I took four bags of stuff out to the motorhome to get it ready for our upcoming trip. Some of it was the frozen part of the food we’ll need to make sure we have healthy meals for ourselves and don’t get caught in the impulse to go to a restaurant.

Later the doorbell rang and UPS delivered my ‘Sweatin’ to the Oldies”, the complete set. I did part of one of the workouts and am convinced that I got the right thing. Jake said he might even be able to do some of the workout. It looks great on the living room TV and I can see it very well from the front entry area that’s a laminate floor.

:flowerforyou: Kathy----thanks for the holiday card---I hope your Easter is great----you deserve it. I know you’ll make it about family and love and not about food. Your weekend weight loss warrior armor will protect you.

:flowerforyou: Welcome, Vicki, you have come to the right place. No one in this group will let you get discouraged. Your goal about the sodium is great. MFP pal really opened my eyes about sodium, too. Treat yourself gently and your recovery from surgery and stress will continue.

:flowerforyou: Julie, Bravo to you for taking a day off---too many people wait until they’re at death’s door before they go to bed and get the rest and stress reduction they need.----Happy Easter to you

:flowerforyou: Anne, Happy Easter to you, too. Enjoy your holiday.

:flowerforyou: Elli---enjoy the break from remodeling.

Tonight is rest and watch TV night.

Barbie :love:
  • committed
    committed Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Finally checking in - April so far has been crazy. I had hoped to start my vegetable garden. We've had crazy weather 70+ degrees, then snow and ice, 70's again and then tornado watches and warnings. Hopefully I can get my garden started - I definitely burn off the calories when everything starts growing, but I also have the benefit of all the fresh vegetables. Can't wait!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I only lost 2 lbs. of my 5 lb. goal in March. April hasn't gotten off to a good start - I've been bingeing on chocolate. Things have been really crazy at work - lot's of changes and lots of stress and consequently lots of chocolate.:embarassed:

I have got to get myself back on track and get back to updating the food log. I find that if I am diligent about updating the log I stay within my calorie allotment.

Good luck to everyone this month!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Nancy
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Morning all,:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Barbie you are more then welcome for the card.

:flowerforyou: Nancy glad to see you are OK.

Well, I had to get on the scale. I lost another pound. Not sure if I want to change my ticker yet. I'm thinking about. I want to see the loss now up in big numbers. But, really not sure what to do. I'm off the help my sister put the clam boil together. All have a great day.

• barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I decided to change my ticker to include the 4 pounds I lost between January 14 when I said “That’s enough!” and February 7 when I found MFP. Someone asked me how much weight I’d lost and I had to do mental arithmetic to figure it out because it wasn’t the number on my ticker.

Happy Easter to all---it rained here last night but the rest of the day looks promising.

We're having matzo ball soup for lunch
    a little higher in calories than usual, but we'll practice portion control :laugh: we have to because I made the soup weeks ago and froze it in measured portions and I'm only making a small recipe of matzo balls not my usual double or triple recipe for the two of us.

:flowerforyou: Kathy, congrats on the pound---I know how you feel about putting it on the ticker---I'm aftraid to claim any weight I've lost because I don't believe it's real and that if I claim it, it will go away.

Barbie :heart:
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Happy Easter everyone!:flowerforyou:

Kathy - good job eating well when you and hubby went out to dinner!!!!! Thank you for the cards too! OH! another pound! RIGHT ONNNNNNNN:wink: You go WWLW!!!!!!!!!! 1 day, 1 pound at a time.

Hi Vicki - welcome to the group. It's a great one! We've all had struggles with this battle. This site is REALLY helpful as are them women here! Sounds like your goals are good and realistic! Walking is the best, and you throw Curves in there for a little resistance! Awesome! I'm sending healing thoughts for your grandchild - that has to be very hard........I hope he/she will soon be out of the hospital and on the road to full recovery.

Hi Nancy - crazy weather seems to do things to me - mostly makes me want to eat:grumble: The tornedos are the worst. Last year on May 22 we had a huge one in a small town just west of where i live while i was down in Colo Spgs seeing my son off on his 2nd deployment. It was a wierd day - my younger boy called me to tell me he and his gf and their 3 blue heelers were headed over to my house because theirs doesn't have a basement! ANYWAY - hang in there - spring is really going to get here and you can be in that garden!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone! :heart: elli
  • Booksarenice
    Booksarenice Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies- I am rejoining this site after a few hard months where I had to step back and refocus.. I am back with a vengence and am more determined than ever to lose weight and get healthy. My goals for the rest of April are to work out everyday eat healthy. I am trying to mix up my exercise. Yesterday I met a friend at the bottom of " Grandfather lets losse the Ponies" sculpture overlooking the Columbia River in Vantage, Wa. I have always wanted to climb up to the ponies. Turned out to be very, very steep but short climb. Only took 7 minutes of huffing and puffing and moaning about quivering legs. So we did it twice. I came home then logged 2 miles on the treadmill at 3.9-4.0. Today I will go out back to the gully and go up and down the sides. Steep but not very high. Then log some more miles on the treadmill. Gotta get into some strength training- Stay focused everyone.Move it some way. today
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Hi Books. I've only been on this site since February so I don't know you from before. Welcome back.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Good luck with your April goals. :flowerforyou: They look great. :bigsmile:

your exercise near the Columbia River sounds fabulous. There's nothing like fabulous scenery to make you feel good.

I just got the set of Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies" and did one of the workouts today---it was so much fun :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: fun enough that I'll want to do it again and again.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

good luck on your journey.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Barbie :love:
  • dricotta1
    dricotta1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Even with planning, I pretty much blew the calories. javascript:add_smiley('laugh','post_body')So, no weighing for a couple days:laugh: I had lost the weight I gained while at the homesite, so not feeling too bad, I'm really trying to look at the larger longer picture. I'm healthier, able to exercise longer and more easily, my energy is better and my heartrate is down. Sooo, just keep going. Best to all. I want to hear how others did over the holiday weekend. Diane
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Welcome to some new and the returning members:flowerforyou: We are glad to have you join us.

First of all thank you so very much to Zaza, Esther, Anne, Elli and Barbie for your kind words I really appreciate your support. It made my day. You are a great bunch:heart:

The weekend was incredibly busy with all the wedding parties, birthdays and Easter celebrations and still fighting this cold. However, I am so happy to report that I have dropped another 2 lbs:bigsmile: . The amazing thing is that I don't remember the last time my scale has shown these numbers:happy:

Since I wasn't feeling well enough to exercise I strictly monitored my food intake and increased my water whenever I could. I had just a taste of ice-cream birthday cake and best of all not one little bit of Easter candy found its way in my mouth. Yes, I had purchased all the candy and had it in my house but I ensured that when my company left that it all went with them:laugh: :laugh: Nothing like avoiding the temptation! Yesterday's dinner was Roast Turkey with all the trimmings but again I was careful.

Hope everyone is doing well. Try and remember that we are strong, determined, motivated, loving women and we deserve to put ourselves on the priority list:heart:

Cheers :drinker: and hugs to all
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Books...It's good to have you back. We've missed you. Sounds like you are determined to get back into it. We're here for you. That hike sounds strenuous and then the treadmill! You are back on track! Your workout makes my legs quiver:wink:

Barbie: Again, I wish we could get together and do the DVD together. That would be fun - but, oh, maybe not quite so productive as we might end up laughing more than working out :laugh: :laugh:

Diane: Today is a new day and we can start again. I didn't do as bad as I would have if I weren't a little bit focused but yes, the chocolate Cadbury eggs found a way to my mouth and my stomach. :grumble: :grumble: But, today is a new start and I don't think I did too much damage as I was very careful at dinner.

Healthier: Great job. I tried sending all the 'stuff' home with people but my hubby really does like to indulge and he is so trim and in shape how can I deny him? He has to hide it if I get too tempted:tongue:

Kathy: How is our Weekend Weight Loss Warrior this morning?

Gotta get busy but Hello to all and I hope you all have a great day. "Talk" to you soon.

Esther
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Hello All,

I got on the scale this morning and did not gain weight. So that pound I lost last week might have left for good. :flowerforyou:

I think my weekend went very well. I was busy the entire Sunday. I sat down for a few minutes to eat. I did have butter with my clams but really had very little. I just help serve others and cleaned up after them. They kept on telling me to sit down, but I know if I did I would be eating much more then I should have. I really had a great time and enjoyed my family. I could not get over all the complements I received about how great I am looking. That really helped.

I'm pretty tired today. I don't think I will be going to the gym to work out. I will take a long walk with my hubby.

I have to had time to read the post. Hopefully I will get a chance later.

• FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    HI EVERYONE,

KATHY, VERY PROUD OF YOU. GREAT JOB AND GREAT STRATEGY. GOOD FOR YOU THAT THE POUND STAYED OFF.

I HAVE TO RUN BUT JUST WANTED TO SEE HOW EVERYONE DID.NOT TOO MANY HAVE MADE A REPORT YET,SO I WILL COME BACK LATER.

I DID BETTER THAN I EXPECTED BUT STILL WENT OVER MY CALORIES BY A LOT AND HAD TWO PIECES OF ICE CREAM CAKE INSTEAD OF THE ONE I PROMISED MYSELF. BACK ON TRACK TODAY WHICH IS A GOOD THING FOR ME. LONG AGO ONE BAD DAY WOULD SEND ME INTO A WEEK OR MORE OF WRONG THINKING AND WRONG EATING.

ANNE