50+ Women for the Month of April

Options

Replies

• plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hello All:flowerforyou: ,

Welcome to all the new ladies.:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Sue & :flowerforyou: Anne thanks for the great advice also. I am not a big fruit eater. I have to force myself to eat them. I have just started to eat apples again this month. I will have to use Huckabee's rule. Although I really don't have anything in the house except apples, bananas, frozen strawberries & frozen blueberries. There is a box of chocolates my special needs students mom gave me for Easter, but my husband is taking it to work ASAP. :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: elli, I'm glad I did take yesterday off from the gym. I really needed the rest. Today I was back at the gym and had a great work out. Cardio today. Of course I am still trying to get use to the machines stating I burned 760 calories and my HRM stating 440. O well, at least I am eating the correct amount of food.

:heart: Kathy
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Benson you poor thing. What a weekend. Sounds like you are in good spirits. Good for you.

I agree with you I hope Swissmiss stays around, we need her as much as she needs us.

• healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Greetings everyone:flowerforyou:

Glad to see so many checking in, especially glad to have you back with us Heather...just hang in there things have got to soon start turning around for you:heart:

Thank you so very much Elli, Anne, Barbie and Esther for your support. It means so much to me to know that you great women are here to support me and each other through both good times and bad. I certainly pledge to do the same for everyone as well:happy:

Esther so you are the youngest of 15. As I said earlier I am # 10 of 15. So, we sure know what it is like to either have someone to play with or fight with depending on the day:bigsmile: My father loved having so many children but I think my mom finally said "enough". Great times and some difficult times. Sure taught me patience, tolerance, acceptance, how to work hard and most of all the importance of family.

I am off to a go start today...did my BL Bootcamp workout and now off to enjoy the warmer day outside. I am still feeling the effects of my illness but that is not going to stop me:smile: The scale is still my friend so I want to keep it that way:bigsmile:

Hugs and good positive wishes sent to all:heart:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Thanks Kathy.

If, in fact, all the things we have to deal with are character building then I must be one heck of a character by now:laugh:

I remembered to log my food today - Wonders never cease!! That's my new challenge. I promise to log my food everyday - every morsel.

I am also promising to myself to have an accurate ticker by next weekend. (the 25th)

Heather
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    KATHY, HOW ABOUT MAKING A FRUIT SALAD AND KEEPING IT READY IN THE FRIDGE. MY FRIEND FROM TOPS IS AT GOAL FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND SHE KEEPS FRUIT ALL CUT UP AND READY AND VEGGIES TOO. SHE IS SO DEDICATED TO STAYING HEALTHY. FOOD AND EXERCISE EVERY DAY. SHE RECENTLY WON THE CHARM AND BEAUTY INTERNATIONAL AWARD AT TOPS, A MAJOR EVENT AND HONOR. FRUIT SALAD TASTES A LOT BETTER THAN JUST ONE LONELY FRUIT. FROZEN GRAPES ARE GOOD TOO.

HEALTHIER AND ESTHER, MY MOM CAME FROM A FAMILY OF 8 AND I THOUGHT THAT WAS A BIG FAMILY. I GUESS NOT. I AM AN ONLY CHILD AND LIKED IT WHEN I WAS YOUNG BUT AS I GOT OLDER I WISHED FOR A SISTER OR BROTHER TO SHARE MEMORIES WITH. I DO HAVE A COUSIN I AM CLOSE TO AND SHE IS LIKE A SISTER TO ME. A BIG LOVING FAMILY, NOTHING LIKE IT.

HEATHER , GOOD IDEA TO LEAVE THE TICKER ALONE AND WORK TOWARD THE NUMBER ON IT. I WOULD NOT WANT TO SEE MINE GO BACKWARDS AND WOULD DO THE SAME THING. YOU WILL MAKE IT. KEEP ON GOING.

ELLI, ORGANIC PINK LADY APPLES??? NEVER HEARD OF THEM. WILL ASK AROUND ,BUT THEY MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN FLORIDA?

HEATHER, PEOPLE WHO ARE SUCCESSFUL AT MAINTAINING THEIR WEIGHT LOSS USUALLY JOURNAL OR AT LEAST WRITE DOWN THE CALORIES THEY CONSUME EVERY DAY. DO KEEP THAT UP.

I FIND THIS BOARD SOMETHING TO TAKE MY MIND OFF OF A CRAVING. ALSO, THE PEOPLE ARE SO MOTIVATED IT MAKES YOU THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU RUIN YOUR DAY WITH EXTRA CALORIES.

ANNE
  • ataloss
    ataloss Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouragement. I know I will be able to do it. Thank you!!! :smile:
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I have not done well the last two weeks I am afraid I will gain this week I may not weight Thursday. I must get back on track. I hurt my lower back and have been afraid to work out. With that comes depresion and bad eating.:sad: :sad: I must buck up and do what I know works hope tommorow will be better.
    Lynn
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hi Everybody,

Not much time for checking in but you are all with me no matter what. I walked dogs and walked at the dog park but no other exercise---even so, my pedometer says that I've walked over 17,000 steps today.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Apples and carrots are my salvation as snacks. Either I don't eat fruit or I eat too much---don't even let me get near grapes. I'll eat them until I explode.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We bought yoga mats today. Next step is to find time to use them.

good night ---dream of happy things,
    Barbie:love:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Today's my weigh in at work, hope easter didn't mess me up too bad, I know I went over even though i was very busy that day and only ate the one big meal. I even took the dogs for a walk when we got home. Oh well, I'll what does or doesn't come down. :laugh:

157298.png
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    LYNN,

SO SORRY YOU HURT YOUR BACK. I HAVE BEEN IN YOUR SPOT SEVERAL TIMES. PUT THE PAST TWO WEEKS BEHIND YOU. YOU CAN GET BACK ON TRACK TODAY, RIGHT NOW. I DO HOPE YOUR BACK FEELS BETTER. IF YOU CAN'T EXERCISE, WAIT UNTIL YOU CAN . AS FOR THE FOOD , START WRITING DOWN WHAT YOU WILL EAT IN THE MORNING AND THEN STICK TO IT NO MATTER WHAT. SOMEHOW WRITING IT DOWN DOES HELP. COUNT THE CALORIES FOR AT LEAST A FEW DAYS UNTIL YOU GET BACK IN THE SWING OF THINGS. ARE YOU SAYING YOU WON'T WEIGH IN ON THURSDAY BECAUSE YOU MAY HAVE GAINED? IF SEEING A HIGHER NUMBER DEPRESSES YOU, THEN I GUESS THAT WORKS,BUT I FIND ACCOUNTABILITY IS IMPORTANT. SEEING RIGHT BEFOR
    YOUR EYES THE DAMAGE YOU HAVE DONE WAKES YOU UP. IF YOU BELONG TO A GROUP,IT MEANS FACING THE MUSIC AND EVERY PERSON THERE HAD TO DO THAT AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER.
    FORGIVE YOURSELF AND MOVE ON TO GOAL. WISHING YOU SUCCESS.

ANNE
  • plantlady99
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Morning All,

I have decided to change my ticker to my exact weight. I am really working hard and I want to see it on my ticker. I do not think I will be going up this month. :tongue: :tongue: Well, that is my goal. If I stay the same I will be very happy with that.

I wish every one the best. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I don't have much time to read. Bosco wants to go for a walk and I'm not ready.

• dricotta1
    dricotta1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Morning all,
    I was cracking up over the "wagging/waging"javascript:add_smiley('laugh','post_body') Yes, I believe if we did more "wagging" of our tails, we all would be better off.

It's been really nice to begin to get to know you all.
    Lynn-I'm sorry too about your back. Take it easy on the back and on your psyche. Beating ourselves up doesn't accomplish anything. Do your best and try to log and find substitutes. I know it's not new info, but sometimes we need to hear it again.

I've been doing pretty well since Easter. I'm going to try some new strength training exercises. I really want to look better in that bathing suit in Saipan next month.javascript:add_smiley('glasses','post_body')

Have a great day
  • dricotta1
    Options
    hey!!! My little icons aren't coming out right! What am I doing wrong?!
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You mean your icons with the faces to the left? You are just clicking them right? If so, I don't know why they don't show up!:grumble: They should have a colon on either side of the discription word when you are posting? Is that happening?
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Today was my weigh in. I'm down 2 pounds!!!! I am thrilled and surprised!!! I'll take it. Getting closer to my monthly goal :drinker: :smile:

Kathy: you are doing well. It does seem to hit stronger when the actual numbers are there. I might have to change mine as well!

Off to workout. I'll check in later. I've missed a couple days of reading on this thread! I'll have to grab a water when I get back and get caught up.

Bye for now.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Good morning ladies! :flowerforyou: Congratulations to everyone who is losing inches, pounds or simply beginning to make healthy choices TODAY. We can do this!

Today was my weigh and measure day and I'm happy to report movement in the RIGHT direction. :happy: I lost 1/2 an inch all over except for my bust line where I lost a whole inch... knew that would happen eventually :grumble: and another pound is history ~ which keeps me on track for my April goal. :happy: I have even been drinking all my water! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Spring seems to have has sprung here, so I am finally able to begin burning calories doing yard work. Soon I'll be able to put the dust cover on my treadmill for the season! Yesterday after 30 minutes on the treadmill, I spent the morning in town doing errands. Then after lunch I mowed the yard and put out weed and feed on the lawn.

We just bought this place last summer, so there are still MANY opportunities to burn calories outdoors in the coming months getting the fence and flowerbeds in shape. For now my vegetable and flower gardens only exist on paper, but hopefully we'll get them tilled and planted by the end of May, if not sooner. Right now our focus is on converting our dirt floor carport into a garage/workshop. I had no idea getting ready to pour a slab was so much work! But I know hubby won't consider tilling my beds until he has that cement poured.

I'll check back later and see how everyone is doing.
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Good job Susan. Slow and steady wins the race - as the saying goes:wink: I would love to be working outside as much as you. The weather isn't quite cooperating yet. A little bit at a time but no way near dry enough to till the garden. Did you buy a new house or 'new to you'?

Where is everyone else today? Hope everyone is doing well.

Esther
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    This house is new to us. We moved back to our hometown to be near hubby's parents in their twilight years since both mine died. We have a little over 3.5 acres outside of town. It was empty for over a year before we got it and an elderly couple lived there, so it needs lots of work. We updated the inside of the house last summer when we moved in, this year we are tackling the outdoor projects like the carport, painting outside of the house, flowerbeds, a vegetable garden and building a deck.
  • dricotta1
    Options
    Thanks for the icon info. :cry: :blushing: I was clicking and dragging. Oh well, live and learn.
    Just got back from the park with 1 of the toddlers I care for. I need to wear my pedometer to see how many miles we log. He's very energetic and moves ALOT.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I have to carry water to keep tanked up! good day Diane
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Hello all:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: ,

:flowerforyou: Dricotta1 I think I have been wagging ever since I notice the mess up. It is very nice to get to know you also. I am so hooked on working out. To believe it took me almost one year to actually put exercise in my routine. Ya, I walked here and there but never really making it a commitment. Just keep on plugging away no matter how repetitive you feel. Who cares you are doing it. Believe me, I felt like I sounded like a broken record, saying “I got off the wagon.” “ I got on the wagon” Now it is paying off.

:flowerforyou: Lynn, take it easy. Sorry also about your back. That can be so painful. Take it slow, but just don’t give up.

:flowerforyou: Grammymax, thanks for the support. I believe we are going to make our April goal. Yea!!!!

:flowerforyou: Sue, congrats, on your INCHES LOST AND YOUR WEIGHT LOSS. Spring has sprung here also. That sure helps with the motivation. I love being outdoors. How exciting having a new home to work on. Best of luck with your garden. I can’t wait to plant some annuals. My daffodils & forsythia are in bloom. Lilacs, tulips & Iris’s next.

:flowerforyou: I had a another great day at the gym. I burned 575 today. Did cardio for 1 hour and strength training for 45min.

To all the other ladies:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: HAVE A GREAT DAY:bigsmile: :bigsmile: