50+ Women for the Month of April

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday to All,:heart:
    Today was great. :bigsmile: Jake was able to go to the dog park and walk with me for half an hour. I sweated to the oldies and walked the dogs on the hill.

It got warm and sunny this afternoon so we took a ride in the red car with the top down.

Weaklink---your lhasa apso has the right idea—stay out of the Outback, the bar and DQ and you lose weight:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    best wishes on your return to sanity. Each day is a new beginning so you can start over at any moment you want.:bigsmile:

Esther, I’m glad there were happy events at your garage sale. :bigsmile: Isn’t it great when the right items are matched with the right people? The sun is shining here, too, and we went for a ride in the little red car with the top down. We opted for fun and decided that the weeds can wait for awhile.
    Later tonight I’ll be riding the exercise bike while watching a James Bond movie.

:flowerforyou: Anne--do you have good air conditioning where you live? I'll try to think of something more for your list or be on the lookout for something someone else says that would fit. Do you have one about not having to turn sideways to walk in the narrow places in your house?

I hope that all of you who didn't post today are out and about doing something wonderful

Pleasant dreams to all,
    Barbie
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    WEAKLINK, SINCERELY HOPE YOU GET BACK ON TRACK RIGHT AWAY. WE WOULD NOT WANT MAI LI TO SHOW YOU UP. LOL. GOOD GOING MAI LI, 3/4LB LOST. YOU CAN DO IT WEAKLINK, HANG IN THERE. (WONDERING ABOUT THAT NAME WEAKLINK, IS THAT HOW YOU SEE YOURSELF?).

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Sorry to burst the Fruedian bubble brought on by my screen name, but it actually is related to an email address. It came about as a result of the TV show "Weakest Link" which was popular at the time the email address was selected. There is nothing significant about it. I couldn't think of an appropriate screen name when I signed up, so I used it. There should be no relationship assumed between it and my self image. Since we only get one chance to change the screen name, I haven't been in a hurry to do so.

I haven't given up, just simply took a weekend detour. Today I stayed within bounds and managed another walk in the sunshine as well.
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    I AM AWAKE AT 4AM AND HAVE NOT SLEPT AS YET. DON'T KNOW WHY. SO DECIDED TO CHECK THE BOARD.

BARBIE, THANKS SO VERY MUCH FOR TAKING SUCH AN INTEREST IN MY LIST,I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. THAT WAS ANOTHER GOOD SUGGESTION AND I ADDED IT AS NUMBER 16.
    I HAVE CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING. MY HOUSE IS ONLY A FEW YEARS OLD SO I HAVE NO PROBLEM WHEN I AM INSIDE. USUALLY I AM COLD AND HAVE TO LOWER IT.
    RIDING WITH THE TOP DOWN,HAVE NOT DONE THAT IN YEARS,SOUNDS WONDERFUL.YOU SURE DID THE RIGHT THING TO OPT FOR THE ENJOYMENT AND LET THOSE NASTY WEEDS WAIT. GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD DAY.

WEAKLINK, I'M REALLY GLAD TO HEAR THE NAME HAS NO RELEVANCE. ALSO, GLAD YOU ARE ON TRACK AGAIN AND IT WAS A SHORT DETOUR. I AM NOT AT ALL HAPPY WITH MYSELF LATELY. SEEM TO STAY ON COURSE AND THEN BLOW IT WITH A DAY OF BINGING. THINKING OF JOINING ANOTHER SUPPORT GROUP. I SEEM TO DO REALLY WELL WHEN I DO THAT.

HOPE I CAN GET A FEW HOURS OF SLEEP.
    ANNE
  • dricotta1
    dricotta1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mornin' to all,
    Worked all weekend (evening and overnight childcare) so had little time to catch up on posts. Got to it this morning. It's good to hear about everyones ups and downs. The ups give me hope and the downs fill me with empathy that says "We all have tough and frustrating times, I'm not alone".

Anne: So sorry about the lack of sleep. I have a freind who suffers from insomnia and I know how she struggles. Is it a regular thing for you? Or just occasional?

Worked in my gardens yesterday which was psychologically wonderful and then when I looked up the calories burned was delighted to see how many are used in gardening. Double bonus:bigsmile:

Off to work, where I'll have 2 toddlers and an infant for the day. You'd think that would be enough to keep me in shape, but no luck, still have to exercise. Diane
  • weedietoday
    Options
    Am new to this site (joined Saturday) and am certainly new to message boards, posting, - and sharing! After trying every diet, diet program, and pill in the universe over the years, I'm committed to trying harder and maybe getting it right this time. Being on the 55+ side of the 50s surely qualifies me for the special lifestyle, exercise, and other challenges for us mature girls. So, if it is ok with all of you, I'll chime in from time to time and try to catch up with all of you. Don't quite know what I'm doing with all of this, but I figure I'll learn as I go along. I've lost 2.5 pounds since Saturday, so I must at least be on the right track!
  • dricotta1
    dricotta1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome weedie,
    You definatly ( I can never spell that word:ohwell: )are on the right track! 2.5 lbs is great, but take it slowly.
    The support and info on this site really help all of us. Glad to have you, keep it up and keep in touch. Diane:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome, Weedie,
    We're glad to have you with us.:bigsmile: This is a great group. Try to check in with us regularly and read all the posts so you can find out what's going on with everybody else. Take some time today to make a ticker for your self (go to "Tools", the "weight loss ticker" and follow the directions) If there's anything you don't understand, post the question to us or to the whole site and you'll get an answer)

I love having a ticker. :heart: Today was my weigh in and I lost 3 pounds this week and it was so satisfying to see the number change and the marker move closer to my goal.:bigsmile:

Take it one day at a time, take baby steps, you won't figure it all out at once and remember your goals and drink lots of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: (it's good for you and it keeps your mouth busy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.
    Barbie
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    good morning ladies

Welcome weedie

Kathy - Holy Moly you are doing awesome. The daily gym visit and the "no fried foods" are really proving to be your avenue to success. You should be very proud:flowerforyou:

Yay Becky congrats on you -2 and to all of you who are succeeding day by day. We are certainly on the right track to healthy lives.

My brother and family left bright and early on Sat:cry: I shall miss them terribly but its time to be more rigid with myself and stop overeating. I should have stuck to my thought of not weighing in on Sat because it wasn't good! I have gained 6 lbs. so now i will be giving it my all to get back down.

I feel like if I just put in the effort I will succeed because I have found huge support with the ladies on this thread and it is completely a doable thing as so many of you have proven:heart:

Here's my food til supper

FF yogurt/banana/apple
    orange
    coleslaw/red pepper/carrots/ff cottage cheese/10 thin crisps
    another apple if hungry

I remembered the saying 'failing to plan is planning to fail' I know this from my past good weeks versus past bad weeks and its definitely true for me. Although I don't like taking the time in the morning to pack my lunch, something in me smiles as I look at all those healthy choices. If that's what I bring to work, that's what I'll eat - and by pacing that through my work day, I won't be grabbing quick fixes at home before I can prepare a healthy dinner.

I might have told you guys about a candle fundraiser I did for my daughter's girl guide group - well it came in - about $2,000 worth of candles etc. spread all over my living room - I underestimated how difficult it would be sorting it all and bagging it according to the customer orders. My poor old eyes were bugging out half way through trying to decipher peoples writing and the tiniest print on the boxes for order numbers:laugh: . I'm going to finish it after work because they meet tonight and it will be a great opportunity to get rid of all the other guiders orders. That is definitely my good deed for today!!!

Today I will
    drink 6 waters
    finish the work I've been putting off at the office
    eat ONLY my packed foods
    do Leslie Sansome 2 mile WATP

Believe it or not, we are having a little snow storm - again. Just when our yard was starting to dry up a bit - its completely covered again. Great to be a northerner!!

Take good care

Heather
  • beetlebug2001
    Options
    Hi all, it has been a while since my last post. I fell off the proverbial wagon. :frown: Today I am back on that wagon for good. I had a really bad week physically and when you hurt it is hard to get up and fix a healthy meal. Went grocery shopping and now the pantry and freezer is full of healthy alternatives when I don't feel like cooking. Yea me!! I did not gain any weight but did not lose any either, but feel fortunate I did not gain. No more excuses. Made a deal with my Mom and she will pick me up every M-W-F for water aerobics.

You are all doing so well and an inspiration to me. I enjoy so much your posts. Encouraging!!!! Have a greatday all.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Welcome Weedie! :flowerforyou: You'll discover this group of ladies is very inspirational.

Yesterday at church, someone came up to me and asked me what I was doing to "lose all that weight." I lost another pound over the weekend, but don't think of 9 pounds as making that big of a difference in the way I look. Anyway, I told them about MFP and they joined this morning.

This is the first weekend since I started this weight loss journey that I stayed well withing my calorie limits with no problem. I made the pumpkin cake that folks have been talking about on the recipe thread and was surprised how yummy and moist it was.

You just use any flavor of cake mix you like with a can of pumpkin and 1/2 cup water, and bake at 350 until a toothpick comes out clean. The calories are already listed at MFP. I made this one with spice cake but plan to try the chocolate next time around. Baking it as muffins and putting it in the freezer makes portion control a snap. Since hubby thinks he is supposed to have dessert on weekends, this was quite a find!

This has been a productive Monday so far. :happy: Not only have I drank over half my water quota, :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: but my house is clean, laundry is done, and I just finished doing my strength training DVD. :happy:

I can tell I am getting stronger, because even though it takes me an hour to do the 45 minute session (I have to stop and catch my breath here and there), I can now keep up on all the leg and arm exercises. Still can't go rep for rep on the ones that work my abs yet, but seeing as how that is the weakest part of me, I'm happy to be able to say I can do over half of them, and will one day be able to do all them too. I still need to do my treadmill time but that will have to wait until after a trip to the grocery store. I'm out of salad fixins.

Happy Monday y'all~ :flowerforyou:
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yay, Weedie! I am 55 and I applaud your decisions to get the weight off. Just keep taking it a day at a time. It's alot mind over matter when temptations come. Keep busy and keep healthy snacks handy and the urge to just grab something will subside...
  • weedietoday
    Options
    Have nearly made it through my first real day with MFP. Have done pretty well, considering. Thanks to all who replied to my newbie message. You've made me think through some rough spots at work today. So far so good and I'm going to dust off the treadmill after dinner tonight. Have Dr. Oz's walking CD and fresh batteries for my player, so knees get ready!
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Be sure and hydrate first. If exercise makes you sore you probably haven't been drinking enough. :drinker:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Welcome weedietoday (hummmm - what does that screen name mean?):flowerforyou:

Barbie: You keep losing like you are you’ll be invisible soon! :laugh: Congratulations.:flowerforyou:

Heather: Goals are good. Stick with them. :flowerforyou: Good job on the fundraiser also.

Beetlebug: Welcome back. We’re here for you!:smile:

Susan: You are making great strides on your workouts. Keep it up! On that cake, is it the large can of pumpkin? Sounds yummy. And are the calories under pumpkin cake on MFP?

We've had a beautiful day here today and hubby and I were out working (we own our own business that we're trying to REALLY retire from :laugh: ). Anyway, it was a beautiful day to be outside and let our super charged dog run for an hour and 1/2 non stop. Now she should just sleep the rest of the day.

Have a great evening everyone.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Happy Monday, :bigsmile:

I started a new line dance class today---yes, now it’s four classes a week. This class is an advanced class taught by a woman who winters in Arizona. When she gets back to Washington she wants to teach herself all the dances that her class in Arizona will be doing while she’s gone, so she learns the dances and teaches them to a small group of us in her garage. Many of the dances will be retaught in the Wednesday class. One of the women in the class made an announcement that she’d noticed that I had “re-invented myself” Wasn’t that a nice thing to say? :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

The woman who cuts our hair has been deep in personal crisis and isn’t even answering her phone or returning messages so we found a new place today and were very pleased with the results. It was a little more expensive but only 2 miles away instead of 10.

It was warm enough to go to the dog park at 2 PM without a jacket and then later do some weed pulling.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Heather---your daughter is so lucky to have you available to do so much for her girl guides group----wow you guys did a super successful fund raiser. It’s good to see you back in the healthy eating loop ---your snow doesn’t surprise me at all, we had snow here on April 24 last year
    :flowerforyou: Beetlebug---it’s good to hear from you again---water aerobics will be such a great workout for you

:flowerforyou: Susan, congrats on your ambitious workout and how wonderful that some people at church noticed the difference.

:flowerforyou: Weedie and :flowerforyou: doobiedoo---keep up the good work---one day at a time you can make hug strides

We’re relaxing tonight and watching “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid”
    movie, but no popcorn

Have a great evening.
    Big hugs,:heart::heart:
    Barbie
  • barbiecat
    Options
    oooooops :blushing:

Hi Esther,

I got so busy thinking about your nice weather and your dog running around that I forgot to say hi and thank you for the great comment about me becoming invisible. I am very excited to see the weight coming off.

Let's hope that spring has really come to the Northwest.

big hugs,:heart:
    Barbie
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    WEEDIE, WELCOME. YOU ARE OFF TO A GREAT START WITH A 2.5 LOSS. WONDERFUL. YOU WILL LOVE THIS BOARD. I AM PRETTY NEW AND IT HAS BEEN A GODSEND. THE NICEST WOMEN YOU EVER CAME ACROSS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF GOOD INFORMATION AND MOTIVATION.BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.

HEATHER, GREAT FUND RAISER. CONGRATULATIONS,THAT IS A NICE SUM OF MONEY FOR A GOOD CAUSE.
    DO PACK THAT HEALTHY LUNCH EVERY DAY. WHAT EVER WILL GET YOU TO GOAL IS SO WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT.

ESTHER, GLAD YOU AND HUBBY ENJOYED YOUR DAY AND DOGGIE TOO.

BEETLEBUG, SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK AND STAYED THE SAME. THE WATER AEROBICS IS FUN.

SUSAN, ALWAYS NICE TO HAVE SOMEONE NOTICE WE HAVE LOST WEIGHT. ANOTHER POUND GONE AND GETTING STRONGER, WHAT MORE CAN A GIRL WANT. GREAT NEWS.

DOOBIEDOO, SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE DOING WELL, FABULOUS.

MY GIRLFRIEND AND I JOINED WEIGHT WATCHERS TODAY AND OUR FIRST MEETING IS TOMORROW. WE BOTH FEEL WE ARE SLIPPING A LITTLE AND DON'T WANT IT TO GET OUT OF CONTROL. GROUP SUPPORT HAS WORKED FOR US IN THE PAST,SO WE DECIDED TO DO IT AGAIN. I WANT VERY MUCH TO JOIN PLANET FITNESS,BUT CAN'T FIND ANYONE TO GO WITH AND JUST CANNOT GO ALONE. WILL KEEP LOOKING FOR A GYM PARTNER. GETTING BORED WITH MY WALKING AND DVDS.

HERE IS FOOD WE CAN ALL FEEL GUILT FREE ABOUT, FOOD FOR THOUGHT,

REMEMBER, THE MORE YOU SAY TOMORROW, THE MORE YOU'LL WEIGH TOMORROW.

ALWAYS ON MY MIND, ALWAYS ON MY BEHIND

THE BIGGEST SELLER IS COOKBOOKS AND THE SECOND IS DIET BOOKS. HOW NOT TO EAT WHAT YOU'VE JUST LEARNED HOW TO COOK.

DIETING IS WISHFUL SHRINKING

HAVE A HAPPY TUESDAY.
    ANNE
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    HI BARBIE,

YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION. YOU ARE DOING SUCH A GOOD JOB. THAT WAS VERY NICE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE, THAT YOU RE-INVENTED YOURSELF. YOU HAVE TO BE SO PROUD. WOW, 4 LINE DANCING CLASSES A WEEK. NO WONDER YOU ARE MELTING AWAY. YOU ALWAYS GIVE EVERYONE SUCH GOOD ADVICE AND YOU ARE SUCH A CARING PERSON. BEING ABLE TO MOVE THAT TICKER DOWN 3LBS THIS WEEK IS JUST WONDERFUL. 24LBS TOTAL LOSS, WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT. YOU WILL SURELY REACH YOUR GOAL.

ANNE
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm still around but just been very busy. I am continuing with my week end fight with fried foods and I am winning. I spent a lot of time with my kids and grand kids this week end. I am going with my daughter in law to pick out some window boxes, bushes and planters today.

I have not had time to read the post. Sorry.

I hope all is well. I will try to catch up on everyone tonight.

But, first to the gym.

:heart: Kathy