Options
1234568»

Replies

• HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    COKE KILLS

I had a friend die from Coke.

He was tipping a Coke machine and it toppled on top of him.:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now I am off to eat some orange chicken from Panda Express.
    OMG this was funny, and the one about the butter eating grass too, I was feeling really crappy this morning so thanks for cheerinig me up! Btw, I drink sodas every now and then. Years ago I drank them daily - BACK WHEN I WAS SLIM - and since the atmosphere is filled with chemical and pollutants:smokin: maybe our bodies have somewhat become immune to whatever is in a soda...glad I'm not dead yet though because my carbonated drink of choice is beer. I'm from the south and whether it be alcohol or soda we call it a 'drink' - go figure - :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

LOL So funny! Loved that joke...hahahahaha

Also, back when you were slim, were you also younger? haha :) Sorry, I can be a smart @$$... That could be why you could eat and drink whatever you want and stay thin... I miss those days myself! haha :)

I do agree though...our bodies are pretty versatile and can handle quite a bit...there are lots of toxins in so many things...air we breathe, things we drink, things we eat, etc... I guess like I said before...everything in moderation. And I am with you on the drinking...I won't give up my vodka cranberry. Tried to do the whole Vodka Water thing...ya, no...I like flavor while I get my buzz on! hahaha
  • HauteP1nk
    Options
    Unless you hunt, kill, grow or pick everything you eat, you are most likely ingesting chemicals/preservatives every day/every meal.

Truth. :)
  • melrose09
    Options
    If I eat a lot of preservatives won't I live longer? ;)
  • HauteP1nk
    Options

That must mean the foutain of youth is made of pop! lol :)
  • melrose09
    Options

That must mean the foutain of youth is made of pop! lol :)

No wonder Ponce DeLeon never found it! He was looking for water! Silly explorer guy
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I drink a Mt. Dew at dinner time and will continue to do so until I feel like I don't. I went from over 12 to one a day. Even my Dr. gave me the okay! :drinker:
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    COKE KILLS

I had a friend die from Coke.

He was tipping a Coke machine and it toppled on top of him.:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now I am off to eat some orange chicken from Panda Express.
    OMG this was funny, and the one about the butter eating grass too, I was feeling really crappy this morning so thanks for cheerinig me up! Btw, I drink sodas every now and then. Years ago I drank them daily - BACK WHEN I WAS SLIM - and since the atmosphere is filled with chemical and pollutants:smokin: maybe our bodies have somewhat become immune to whatever is in a soda...glad I'm not dead yet though because my carbonated drink of choice is beer. I'm from the south and whether it be alcohol or soda we call it a 'drink' - go figure - :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

LOL So funny! Loved that joke...hahahahaha

Also, back when you were slim, were you also younger? haha :) Sorry, I can be a smart @$$... That could be why you could eat and drink whatever you want and stay thin... I miss those days myself! haha :)

I do agree though...our bodies are pretty versatile and can handle quite a bit...there are lots of toxins in so many things...air we breathe, things we drink, things we eat, etc... I guess like I said before...everything in moderation. And I am with you on the drinking...I won't give up my vodka cranberry. Tried to do the whole Vodka Water thing...ya, no...I like flavor while I get my buzz on! hahaha
    vodka with crystal light lemonade or even cheaper great value lemonade mix freaking rocks...no more than 60 cals a pop - I've been cracking up all day in the forums. I don't do this often but I definitely picked the right day today...still trippin' on dude under the drink machine :bigsmile:
  • HauteP1nk
    Options
    [/quote] vodka with crystal light lemonade or even cheaper great value lemonade mix freaking rocks...no more than 60 cals a pop - I've been cracking up all day in the forums. I don't do this often but I definitely picked the right day today...still trippin' on dude under the drink machine :bigsmile:
    [/quote]

Thank you for giving me some great tips on how I can still get drunk and save some calories while I do it...haha
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Yes we know you're better than the rest of us. Please stop your preaching already. We get it.

Personally I think if you haven't raced a Half Ironman or longer distance you're lazy...
    dawson-crying.jpg
    The eyes... they haunt me. :frown:
  • jsokolow3
    jsokolow3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • PrincessMorticia
    PrincessMorticia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Almost every day. I'm basically addicted to diet pepsi. I keep attempting to quit it for good but I live with my parents and my step-dad keeps it stocked, so it's ALWAYS in the kitchen. I've been considering giving it another go. It's expensive, I have kidney problems and the carbonation definitely doesn't help, the artificial sweeteners and phosphoric acid aren't helping me out any, and it makes me crave other "junk" items. As the book "Skinny *****" says----It's liquid satan!
  • DeniseAS
    Options
    I don't drink soda ... unless it's all that's offered somewhere I'll have one small cup of diet something. Soda is horrible for you. I'm a water and milk drinker mostly.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    interesting thread..i will have to read more later:wink:
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    *sigh* pretty soon breathing is going to be bad for you.

Breathing is ALREDY bad for you! You know, pollution?

Of course, NOT breathing is even worse for you, what with the whole dying from lack of oxygen.

I have this awesome little book, "Everything is bad for you". Basically a lexicon of stuff that'll kill you.
    Did you know drinking coffee can increase risk of miscarriages and (if you smoke) lungcancer?
    Not drinking coffee on the other hand can increase risk of Parkinson's and (if you smoke) bladder cancer.
    Of course my book could be complete lies and it's probably tiny changes in risk factors whether you do or don't drink coffee... But whatever.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

No one said that vegetables and fruits need to be organic...............

I am talking about basic cooking a REAL meal, not some frozen or boxed throw in the oven or microwave crap. It is excuses to say that eating Mc Donald's or a frozen pizza is cheaper than cooking a real meal.

That is an excuse and not true. I don't eat 100% organic, but you best believe I don't have any boxed, packaged or frozen ready to eat meals in my freezer, pantry or refrigerator.

I buy frozen or fresh fruits and vegetables (Coop and CSA), meats that are raised in their natural habitat and treated humanely.

Everyone has busy lives. If I can make time to work full time, run a business part time, go to school, exercise, spend time with my husband and dogs and still have time to cook, clean and take care of everything else in my house, then others should really sit down and make their priorities straight.

I was brought up in a household that my mom and dad felt that people that won't even take the time to make something from scratch and instead will bake a cake from a box or make a meal from a package really don't care.

So i am a horrible person because sometimes I am just to tired to cook a meal??? awesome.. I shall take my seat in hell happily...

My priorities are straight. for me.. you can disagree all you want...
    90% of my food is actually cooked at home.. on my stove... I eat fast good about 3 maybe 4 times a year... because I can't afford to eat out... you know.. student loans... and bills... and running a house.. and such kind of take up my money.. so yeah... and perhaps my time managment isn't as awesome as yours.. I work full time... i look after a 7 year old while her father works long hours ... I have friends.. I have a life.. I work out regularly, and up until recently I was a full time student too.. ... so if you want to sit on your perch and judge go hard... I live by an 80 - 20 rule which works perfect for me... you don't have to agree.. I just said I do not wish for your sympathy...

its nice you were brought up to think people don't care because 90% of people dont.. but don't tell me I do not care about my health If i didn't I sure as hell wouldnt have joined MFP to try and get *kitten* under control. because I sure as hell do.. would i love to be able to go buy meat from a farmer that I know was ethically treated well, and free range and has no extra antibiotics in it... oh you bet I would... but at this point in time... I can't afford to do that so I don't... and yes I may be supporting horrible treat ment of animals and corporations or w/e ... but I have made peace with that... you really should too...

I am sorry, but I will never be at peace with supporting factory farms and I don't. Actually purchasing meat from local farmers that is free of antibiotics, hormones and animals that are happy and living and eating in their natural habitat is saving us loads of money.

We spend way less using CSA and Coop for produce and local Amish farms for raw dairy, meat, eggs and poultry.

I still stand by what I say. Those that choose to take the easy way out and use packaged, boxed and frozen prepared foods is lazy, a cop out and an excuse to continue eating those preservative filled foods.

There are too many cook books, online recipes and such with the 30 minute meals and such for people to not cook REAL food.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

No one said that vegetables and fruits need to be organic...............

I am talking about basic cooking a REAL meal, not some frozen or boxed throw in the oven or microwave crap. It is excuses to say that eating Mc Donald's or a frozen pizza is cheaper than cooking a real meal.

That is an excuse and not true. I don't eat 100% organic, but you best believe I don't have any boxed, packaged or frozen ready to eat meals in my freezer, pantry or refrigerator.

I buy frozen or fresh fruits and vegetables (Coop and CSA), meats that are raised in their natural habitat and treated humanely.

Everyone has busy lives. If I can make time to work full time, run a business part time, go to school, exercise, spend time with my husband and dogs and still have time to cook, clean and take care of everything else in my house, then others should really sit down and make their priorities straight.

I was brought up in a household that my mom and dad felt that people that won't even take the time to make something from scratch and instead will bake a cake from a box or make a meal from a package really don't care.

So i am a horrible person because sometimes I am just to tired to cook a meal??? awesome.. I shall take my seat in hell happily...

My priorities are straight. for me.. you can disagree all you want...
    90% of my food is actually cooked at home.. on my stove... I eat fast good about 3 maybe 4 times a year... because I can't afford to eat out... you know.. student loans... and bills... and running a house.. and such kind of take up my money.. so yeah... and perhaps my time managment isn't as awesome as yours.. I work full time... i look after a 7 year old while her father works long hours ... I have friends.. I have a life.. I work out regularly, and up until recently I was a full time student too.. ... so if you want to sit on your perch and judge go hard... I live by an 80 - 20 rule which works perfect for me... you don't have to agree.. I just said I do not wish for your sympathy...

its nice you were brought up to think people don't care because 90% of people dont.. but don't tell me I do not care about my health If i didn't I sure as hell wouldnt have joined MFP to try and get *kitten* under control. because I sure as hell do.. would i love to be able to go buy meat from a farmer that I know was ethically treated well, and free range and has no extra antibiotics in it... oh you bet I would... but at this point in time... I can't afford to do that so I don't... and yes I may be supporting horrible treat ment of animals and corporations or w/e ... but I have made peace with that... you really should too...

I am sorry, but I will never be at peace with supporting factory farms and I don't. Actually purchasing meat from local farmers that is free of antibiotics, hormones and animals that are happy and living and eating in their natural habitat is saving us loads of money.

We spend way less using CSA and Coop for produce and local Amish farms for raw dairy, meat, eggs and poultry.

I still stand by what I say. Those that choose to take the easy way out and use packaged, boxed and frozen prepared foods is lazy, a cop out and an excuse to continue eating those preservative filled foods.

There are too many cook books, online recipes and such with the 30 minute meals and such for people to not cook REAL food.

Don't you just love the ignore function??? I use it for people that have ne credibility what so ever but try to preach the good food gospel
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    :huh:

You may only seem healthy for now. Until you get sick one time and end up having to take way stronger antibiotics because your body is immune to the standard antibiotics from ingesting factory farmed CAFO meats.

I suppose you don't care how animals are treated before they go to slaughter? You don't care the source of your food and such.

This attitude is precisely why Cargill, Monsanto and all these other companies are winning. Because people don't care.

seriously you are going to blame super bugs on antibiotics that had been process through a digestive system and any residual has been cooked? yep becuase super bugs aren't created by people who sneeze, fart funny, have a green runny nose, have a VIRUS who INSIST that they need antibiotics to get better but stop taking the antibiotics when they feel better. don't even get me started on needless use of antibiotics. that is your problem with super bugs ex Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, vancomycin resistant entercoccui, Acinetobacter baumannii , the list goes on and on. Don't even act like you don't think I know what I'm talking about because I spent 6 months with Vanderbilt University Medical Center in infection control and prevention and this was my job. To go through labs and deicde who needed to be on contact precautions based on what their labs grew. But yeah super bugs because of antibiotics given to animals makes perfect sense. Thanks for clearing that up......

There is plenty of evidence that the antibiotics in meat are also causing antibiotic resistance. I am fortunate that I have never had a doctor that was antibiotic happy and I use natural antibacterial food items to cure what ails me.

I particularly don't care where you spent 6 months studying. That doesn't mean you are clear on what you are talking about. Yes, there is antibiotic abuse, but you can not sit there and say that antibiotic use in animals is not contributing, especially when there is much evidence that is to the contrary of what you are trying to say is purely humans abusing antibiotics, when that is partially, but not enitrely the case.
    The use of antibiotics in our meats is a concern. Some 60 to 80 percent of all cattle, sheep, and poultry in the United States will receive antibiotics at some point. Researchers are trying to determine if and how much of a role this widespread antibiotic use may have in creating antibiotic resistance of bacteria in humans.

A report from the National Academy of Sciences stated, “Bacteria that resist antibiotics can be passed from food animals to humans, but not enough is known to determine the public health risks posed by such transmission.” As consumers, we need to make our choices, but concerns are appearing about the safety of meat and meat products. We need to make informed decisions about these choices. We know that people who maintain vegetarian diets are healthier with lower risks of heart disease and cancer.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I particularly don't care where you spent 6 months studying. That doesn't mean you are clear on what you are talking about. Yes, there is antibiotic abuse, but you can not sit there and say that antibiotic use in animals is not contributing, especially when there is much evidence that is to the contrary of what you are trying to say is purely humans abusing antibiotics, when that is partially, but not enitrely the case.

So lemme get this straight. You, who have read crap on the Internet know more than someone who researches this stuff for a living? You are so full of crap it's not funny.

I also note you e just joined. If you're so healthy and so much better than everyone else, why you on a weight loss site? How much u got to lose?

Lost 60lbs in six months drinking Pepsi Max every day.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

So lemme get this straight. You, who have read crap on the Internet know more than someone who researches this stuff for a living? You are so full of crap it's not funny.

I also note you e just joined. If you're so healthy and so much better than everyone else, why you on a weight loss site? How much u got to lose?

Lost 60lbs in six months drinking Pepsi Max every day.

I have taken classes and I am still taking classes through Bastyr University. I will soon hold a Bachelors in Nutrition and Dietetics from Bastyr University and will then move onto a prora in Naturopathic Medicine. I talk to plenty of researchers, taken classes, have become a Certified Nutrition Educator, teach classes at my Naturopathic Dr's office as well as a local Chiropractic office for those that are Diabetic or have other Metabolic issues.

I do this for a living also, but my studies, research and such are not based on programs funded by the Federal Government. The studies, research and information I read, research and study are from Doctors that have many years of research themselves.

There is too much evidence to the contrary of what many people preach as being the truth when in actuality many people are merely followers of the USDA and FDA and take what they say as being gospel when in fact they are out right lying to fund their own agendas.

I didn't just join. I deleted my old account. I have been a member of this site since 2009.

Again, losing weight =/ health in any shape or form. If you enjoy ingesting known carcinogens - go right ahead.

I am finished with responding on this thread and others that are filled with so much ignorance and non-caring attitudes for being HEALTHY and not merely just losing weight.
  • dwtouch4
    Options
    People ultimately believe what they want to believe. However, naturopathic medicine and the other varieties of things taught at that school are not based in science. It is well and good to study these things from a cultural or anthropological sense but these things are no more based in science than a class in religion.