Eat as natural as possible!!!

Options

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Calories in Calories out.

It is the BEST key to good health though :drinker:

I disagree. That migh be the answer for weight loss. But in terms of health, the composition of those calories matter. Antioxidants, fiber and good fats are required.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Calories in Calories out.

It is the BEST key to good health though :drinker:

I disagree. That migh be the answer for weight loss. But in terms of health, the composition of those calories matter. Antioxidants, fiber and good fats are required.

That post is 2 separate statements - the top line is saying that calories in calories out is the key to weightloss. The second line is saying that natural food is the key to better health. Basically the post means that yes natural food is best for health but it is not necessary for weightloss.
  • Sydney0710
    Sydney0710 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think to optimize you health, eating as much clean, unprocessed food is the key, but weight loss will occur regardless of your source of calories.

Personally, short of churning butter and making my own pasta, I have been cooking from scratch for years. If you are over-consuming you can become fat on home cooking.

Ideally, a person's diet is focused on portion-controlled, fresh, unprocessed food.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Wow, a lot of arguing in this thread. What I've discovered from reading message boards here in general, is that the solution is that there is no one solution. There is no one way to do things that works for everybody. Everyone has different bodies, different lifestyles, different tastes and different amounts of willpower. It's not about finding THE answer to weight loss, it's about finding YOUR answer. If not eating including chocolate and McDonalds in your diet is going to drive you completely mental, then eat it and find another way to still lose weight. If eating natural foods makes you feel good, do it. If you try one method of losing weight for a while and it doesn't work, try something else until you find what works for you.

This is what I have learned on MFP (as posted on my profile earlier today - haha):

1. Wheat will kill you
    2. Meat will kill you
    3. The cavemen had better diets than we do
    4. Dairy will kill you
    5. If you don't eat ALL of your exercise calories back you WILL starve to death
    6. Processed foods will kill you
    7. Dr Oz is a genius
    8. Dr Oz is a quack
    9. Dr Oz is clueless but can bust a moove (not really untrue - I just found it HILARIOUS!!)
    10. You should have a spike day
    11. You should not have a spike day
    12. You should only eat fresh food (preferably that you grew yourself)
    13. Any form of sweetener whether it be sugar, splenda, agave, stevia etc will kill you
    14. Since this is a fitness site you should never talk about anything that is not fitness-related
    15. Losing any amount of weight automatically makes you an expert on nutrition.
    16. Doctors are clueless
    17. Nutritionists are clueless
    18. The only good information in the world is found at www.lmgtfy.com
    19. You must poop multiple times per day or you will die
    20. The trolls are hungry.
    21. Vegetarians are unhealthy
    22. People who are not Vegetarians are unhealthy
    23. Being a Vegan means you must be starving to death
    24. Not being a Vegan means you are poisoning your body and killing baby seals.
    25. Salt will kill you

Did I miss anything?
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    BuHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAhAHAHAHAhahahaHahahahaAhahAhhahaahahaahAhahaahhaAhaHaAHHAhahahaa

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

*Goes back to eating his cheeseburger*
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You all sound like a bunch of little kids in the play ground.. OH YEAH well I betcha my fat cells can beat up your fat cells. :p Obvioulsy theres not a one size fits all with weight loss.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Can I see some of those statistics of which you speak? Apparently I'm beating the odds, I'd love to know by how much. ;-)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/070404162428.htm

To me what I see as a big problem is most people don't want to give up the foods that caused them to be obese in the first place. That's why I agree natural eating is a great step in the right direction.

I've got a few pages to read, still, but if I switched to 100 percent all-natural ... THAT would be a diet. and THAT would be what I fail at. not eating many of the foods I already like, just in smaller amounts, mixed with other healthier options. it's moderation, not a diet. and that's why it works.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    My body decided to reward me with hives if I eat processed food, so if you don't want this to happen to you, cut them out as much as possible.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

Eat any thing you want just stay in a calorie deficit and you will still lose weight... Macro ratios are really irrelevant when it comes to losing weight.

That is absolutely untrue, medically and scientifically. Because you have to still consider the fat and the kinds of fat that you're taking in as well as the number of carbs and sodium. Your body needs certain kinds of nutrients in order to metabolize effectively that which we eat. If you take in too much sodium you won't lose consistently or at all. Some people on here need to be more care about what they say when it comes to nutrition...it is not conscientious to lead others astray.

must we bring up the twinkie diet again?
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I try and eat as healthily as possible. But for me, I have lost weight the most easily if I don't stress over making sure everything I eat is completely healthy, or low carb, or not dairy, or whatever else. I try and eat when I am hungry, eat smaller portions and eat nutritionally for good health. I don't think I could completely avoid processed foods.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Wow, a lot of arguing in this thread. What I've discovered from reading message boards here in general, is that the solution is that there is no one solution. There is no one way to do things that works for everybody. Everyone has different bodies, different lifestyles, different tastes and different amounts of willpower. It's not about finding THE answer to weight loss, it's about finding YOUR answer. If not eating including chocolate and McDonalds in your diet is going to drive you completely mental, then eat it and find another way to still lose weight. If eating natural foods makes you feel good, do it. If you try one method of losing weight for a while and it doesn't work, try something else until you find what works for you.

This is what I have learned on MFP (as posted on my profile earlier today - haha):

1. Wheat will kill you
    2. Meat will kill you
    4. Dairy will kill you
    7. Dr Oz is a genius
    8. Dr Oz is a quack
    9. Dr Oz is clueless but can bust a moove (not really untrue - I just found it HILARIOUS!!)
    13. Any form of sweetener whether it be sugar, splenda, agave, stevia etc will kill you
    14. Since this is a fitness site you should never talk about anything that is not fitness-related
    16. Doctors are clueless
    25. Salt will kill you

Did I miss anything?

LOL. So very true!
  • Thelala
    Thelala Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I AGREE!
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options

1. Wheat will kill you
    2. Meat will kill you
    4. Dairy will kill you
    7. Dr Oz is a genius
    8. Dr Oz is a quack
    16. Doctors are clueless
    25. Salt will kill you

Did I miss anything?
    LMAO BUT SOOOOO RIGHT!! Quick stop breathing...THE AIR WILL GIVE YOU CANCER!!!
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    My body decided to reward me with hives if I eat processed food, so if you don't want this to happen to you, cut them out as much as possible.

K a couple things here.....*YOUR* body gave *YOU* hives. So This is going to happen to ME, just because it happened to YOU??? WoW I can't spell for poop half the time but at least I know that just because I react one way to something does not mean everyone will be the same...lol
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

1. Wheat will kill you
    2. Meat will kill you
    4. Dairy will kill you
    7. Dr Oz is a genius
    8. Dr Oz is a quack
    16. Doctors are clueless
    25. Salt will kill you

Did I miss anything?
    LMAO BUT SOOOOO RIGHT!! Quick stop breathing...THE AIR WILL GIVE YOU CANCER!!!

LMAO!!!!
  • melrose09
    Options

1. Wheat will kill you
    2. Meat will kill you
    4. Dairy will kill you
    7. Dr Oz is a genius
    8. Dr Oz is a quack
    16. Doctors are clueless
    25. Salt will kill you

Did I miss anything?

LOL. So very true!

You forgot that you need 23498045g of protein per pound of body weight
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

[/quote]

1. Wheat will kill you
    2. Meat will kill you
    4. Dairy will kill you
    7. Dr Oz is a genius
    8. Dr Oz is a quack
    16. Doctors are clueless
    25. Salt will kill you

Did I miss anything?
    [/quote]

LOL. So very true!
    [/quote]

You forgot that you need 23498045g of protein per pound of body weight
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Oh yeah!!! I forgot about that! Oh, and don't forget that everyone who ever goes on a diet will fail miserably...don't forget that too
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    If you don't slam a protein shake immediately after you workout, your muscles will fall off.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    If you don't slam a protein shake immediately after you workout, your muscles will fall off.

Crap, what constitutes 'slamming', I need to make sure I'm doing it right....
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Wow... had no clue sharing what works for me would cause such a stir. People really dont have much else to do but disagree i guess, lol