T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ Week 9 ~ 4/2-4/9

Options

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    ChocolateMilk.gif

LOL!! I love it!! Im gonna steal the KOW and put him in my sig.. hehehe

lulu- My plane leaves Friday morning at 6am. Gonna have to either go to bed early early Thursday. I packed everything today. Just finishing up gathering my camera equipment together and cleaning my lenses so I can pack those too. Aint no way Im going without those!

Swignal- Seems that water makes everything feel better... hehe! I love the pool. Wouldnt have my gym membership if it didnt have the pool. I refused for the longest time to join hubbys gym because it didnt have one. Glad you were able to make it today! Congrats on the loose bathing suit!!

healthymom- Nice to see your little one is liking what your eating too! The 4 year old little girl that I watch is totally "anti" veggies and Im always trying to get her to "try" something. Thought she was gonna :sad: when I tried to get her to eat carrots with ranch..:ohwell:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    fatbellydancer.gif

You work 4 10s? What do you do? I understand what you mean about meals. My mom is a nurse so growing up we would always eat better meals the days she was off. When Dad was in charge of meals it was either spaghetti or fast food. haha. He did his best. Thankfully for my little brothers his cooking has now improved since they got a great grill :laugh:
    Have a great workout and WHOOOOOO! on leading the bigger loser contest at work! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy:
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    I am a professional rodeo queen. Here is a pic of me at the peak of my career: mz_0404_10020697348-1.jpg

Ok, seriously, I am a clinical social worker working in a drug and alcohol outpatient clinic. My clients have just come out of federal prison and are in a halfway house working to re-enter the community and get on with their lives in more positive ways. I really like it!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    I was wondering where everyone is, too. And, Yari, tell us about yourself, your hopes and dreams, and goals.

I am hoping to grow up to be like CM, and be a secret agent. secret-agent.gif

I am hoping there will be less chafing.
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Yayyyyy healthymom! I love when we realize a significant change in pattern AND find it satifsfying!! And that's soooo cute about your daughter - love it!

LI4G - have a great trip! Aren't you leaving tomorrow?

Adopt4 - How's the oldest? Cough gone yet?

Sheila - hope your feet are better today - like healthymom said yesterday, movement is movement. I'm betting you are getting plenty of exercise in this move! Take care of yourself.

Jamie - You rock! You are such a great contributer!

Yari - c25k - great goal! You, CM and Jamie making me a wee bit envious (I'm no runner) but love hearing your progress! I'll be your cheerleader!smiley16650.gif

Anita - ughhh - sorry! Family drama is the worst - so proud for you that you aren't turning to comfort eating! Work off that stress any other way you can. Your family has been through a lot over the past few months ~ prayers for peace for all of you.

CM - you can NOT hide!! We will find you!!thsofa.gif There will be no leaving:bigsmile:

Kristi - yayness.gif You're exercising! Every movement helps - when I first started, I kept a heavy medicine ball in front of my chair, while I watched t.v. I would lift that ball with my feet over and over and over. Now I have resistance bands around the feet of my recliner, I put my feet in them and "lift weights" - I have all sorts of tricks to add movement into my sedentary moments:bigsmile:

Indianagranny- hope you get through your night without an energy slump:flowerforyou: Do you keep your "up all night" schedule even on your days off? Or do you switch back and forth?

Zano, Renayeb, smontoya, getfit, prayerfulmom - and more - WHERE OH WHERE HAVE YOU GONE?

By the way, lulu - you are the best cheer leader! And, you have kind eyes. :flowerforyou:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    lulu, thanks for asking about my kid. He's still coughing, not as bad as before. The nasal spray seems to help, but only for about six hours (it's supposed to be 24 hrs). So I'll call the doc and see if there's something else to give a kid that young. Poor kiddo has terrible seasonal allergies! Still not sure if he has something in his lungs, tho. If he develops a fever or gets sick then they'll do the scope.

Today my "other oldest" has the stomach flu. Oh the joys of motherhood.:sick: Guess I'll hit the gym later or maybe take a day off to make it more exciting when I go tomorrow, I haven't had a day off in over a week. Cable guy is coming today to put a card in our new Tivo so we can record 2 channels at once! I can't wait!! No more missed shows because they conflict!!! Yes, doesn't take much to excite me....

The challenge will be eating within cals if I don't work out today. MFP dropped my calories by 50 and I was struggling with it before! Waaah! (That's why I work out every day, so I can EAT!!) Went looking for a HRM but couldn't find one within my budget... the ones that were within my budget didn't keep track of the cals... I think it's time to get one so I can keep better track of my cals, now that weight loss is slowing down and I think it's because of my workout cals and daily cals being off...
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Hey, adopt4, what is your daily calorie limit? If you want, I can sell you some of my calories! thPig-04Cute.gif Being in this extra "special" large catagory, I get quite a few more than I use every day.

Now, before the bad cops show up, in my defense, MFP grants me nearly 2400 calories a day. Eating healthy, I can consume about 1800 if I work at it! And, as Banks and Co. have pointed out the obese (there is that nasty word again!) have some different rules when it comes to caloric consumption. So, anyway, calories for sale folks!!!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    yo hoo - Anita, where are you this morning? Looking for my morning buddy. However, now I must go to work! See you all later!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    yo hoo - Anita, where are you this morning? Looking for my morning buddy. However, now I must go to work! See you all later!

I am here.. I was running late this morning.. I slept in, I forgot that I had to work today so I didn't even get to work out.. Had to pack a super low cal lunch : ( But hopefully I will have time tonight to get that in.. I have to go shopping after work for Easter stuff.. i am a last minute person I guess : (

How do you all handle your calories if you don't work out??? I alwasys seem to go over : (
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Kristi,

pick_me.gif

$20 a day for your cals??????

Thk U. :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Starting a New Routine is Not a Chore!

from sparkpeople.com (April 8 message post)

Sometimes in life (especially when it comes to working out and eating healthy) it's just about getting started. I know this because that has always been the definitive aspect of my achievements - getting started!

You may think (like I did for so many years) that your goals to lose weight and maintain healthy eating habits are far beyond your reach or capabilities, but you are WRONG!

You simply have to get started, and once you form a routine relative to your workouts and diet, you will begin to simply assume your routine as part of your weekly responsibilities. You don't have to lift 1000 pounds a day, but you probably should lift SOMETHING, especially if you have any type of weight loss goals in mind.

What you need to remember about working out is that it's not how hard you work out at one time, or how much you lift, it's about maintaining consistency relative to your personal fitness agenda. It may not be convenient for you to go to the gym EVERY single day, though staying active on your days off from the gym will usher in the results your working towards even faster.

The most important thing you can remember is that all of your fitness goals and strategies are at the mercy of your own personal mindset; if you are able to wrap your mind around every workout before you even do it you will find that the results you are seeking from the investment you are making into a healthy lifestyle will become much more easily and quickly accessible to you as you continue to maintain your consistency and commitment to your health and well-being.

bf-typesmiley000.gif
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    somehow i forgot to post to this thread. I cant remember what my week 8 weigh in was, but I am down 12 pounds in 3 weeks... still drinkin water, exercising 6 days a week, and logging foods :)
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    So very true CM! So very, very true.

When I first started working out, I was pretty leary about how long I could stick to it. I had to set my mind to go 5 days a week without 2 days off in a row. Its too hard for me to take 2 days off in a row to remotivate myself and at the time I was very insitant of making it a habit. After about my 6th week there, it became a habit and I found myself "missing" the workout on my non-workout days and I still do. I hate to make it sound easy, Ive had my days where the motivation was just not there, especially when I wasnt eating enough, but now that I am eating more, the motivation to go is much better and it has become alot easier because the habit is there.

I did 55 minutes on the elliptical today and the trainer at the gym that kicked my butt into bootcamp last Saturday tried to wrangle me downstairs (he had 2 cancelled appointments, so he was trying to find someone to pull off the floor) to workout with him, but I was already in cooldown mode on the elliptical and couldnt go. I had little ones coming at noon and didnt have time.

Im gonna do my floors today, which is also a workout in itself. Mostly laminate flooring which has to be washed, then dried...but its been a couple weeks so figured I should do them.. LOL I figure if I wear myself out all day, then MAYBE, just maybe... I can get to bed early tonight so I can get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow. Adopt4 is taking me to the airport and she'll be here at 4am.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    somehow i forgot to post to this thread. I cant remember what my week 8 weigh in was, but I am down 12 pounds in 3 weeks... still drinkin water, exercising 6 days a week, and logging foods :)

YAY!!!! Great job!!!! Keep it up! 12lbs in 3 weeks is WONDERFUL! Congrats!!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tayner! Glad to see you here!

Great job! Woohoo-Dance.gif
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Im gonna do my floors today, which is also a workout in itself. Mostly laminate flooring which has to be washed, then dried...but its been a couple weeks so figured I should do them.. LOL I figure if I wear myself out all day, then MAYBE, just maybe... I can get to bed early tonight so I can get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow. Adopt4 is taking me to the airport and she'll be here at 4am.

Li4g - please say you are going to check in with us occasionally while you are in Bug-land??

Have a great time. Safe journey, my friend. Who's got the kiddos while you're gone? Here's hoping they aren't going with you :laugh: :noway:

oxoxo cmr:flowerforyou:
    bunny-1.gif
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    LOL Actually yes, I will be checking in. Taking the laptop with me, just not sure how often I'll be here. Depends on if hubby is working at all while Im there.

Kids are going to thier dads tomorrow in the AM as they have no school and its his weekend again. He has them till Monday when he drops them off at school. They wont be back here until Monday afternoon when they get home from school, then I have a adult friend that is coming to stay the nights with them when she gets off work so they at least have an adult around to check in with and make sure there are no wild parties while Im gone... :laugh: Altho, she did tell them yesterday "Sure, you guys can have a party, but your cleaning up the mess!" :laugh: :happy: I could see the wheels turning in my sons head....:huh: :laugh:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Thanks for checking in on me Ms CMRiverside.
    You know I love hanging out with all of you. April is just ridiculously busy for me.
    I'm winding down on the Marathon training and working on staying fueled. Not trying to lose weight right now just trying to stay energized. I use to exercise to eat now I have to eat to exercise.:noway: With my special dietary needs its always a lot of work. But maybe that is part of the challenge I love.
    I'll try and catch up on some post and see how everyone is doing. Miss ya.

by the way: I am a C25K graduate. I did it at 100lbs over weight. Great gradual program. I use a lot of DJ Steve Boy or Podrunner music to run to. Not because I'm a techno fan, just because it tells me the beats=). Its also free to download his music. bonus.

I'm on a 4/10 schedule at work and I looooooooooooooooooove it!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Thanks for checking in on me Ms CMRiverside.
    You know I love hanging out with all of you. April is just ridiculously busy for me.
    I'm winding down on the Marathon training and working on staying fueled. Not trying to lose weight right now just trying to stay energized. I use to exercise to eat now I have to eat to exercise.:noway: With my special dietary needs its always a lot of work. But maybe that is part of the challenge I love.
    I'll try and catch up on some post and see how everyone is doing. Miss ya.

by the way: I am a C25K graduate. I did it at 100lbs over weight. Great gradual program. I use a lot of DJ Steve Boy or Podrunner music to run to. Not because I'm a techno fan, just because it tells me the beats=). Its also free to download his music. bonus.

I'm on a 4/10 schedule at work and I looooooooooooooooooove it!

Thanks for checking in prayerfulmom, we will admire you from afar until you get through the marathons. Good luck, and where do you guys pick up those 4-10s? That is the only kind of job to have. Did it twice and love it. I guess I'll break down and download some of the podcasts.....

LOL Actually yes, I will be checking in.

Whew. We would have missed you. WTH -? You want to spend time with your hub? :grumble:
    "Sure, you guys can have a party, but your cleaning up the mess!" I could see the wheels turning in my sons head......

....and yeah, be afraid, be very afraid............:drinker:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    LOL Actually yes, I will be checking in.

Whew. We would have missed you. WTH -? You want to spend time with your hub? :grumble:
    "Sure, you guys can have a party, but your cleaning up the mess!" I could see the wheels turning in my sons head......

....and yeah, be afraid, be very afraid............:drinker:

Yeah, cant imagine why I would want to spend time with him....scratch_head.gif

Actually, the kids are pretty responsible. He was just being a smartass.jpg. (hmmm wonder where he gets that from...:laugh: All 3 of them know that this house better be the way I left it or there will be hell to pay....bustedsmiley.gif