Real Women in Binkinis!

Options

Replies

• Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am trying to figure out how to post a pic, confused.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I want to do this but I have nooooo idea where my bikini is. Also I'm not sure if it will stay up - last time I wore it I was probably over 200.

at 5'6"

Yep you read that right. Every time one of you girls with just a few lbs to lose posts about how they are really hoping 'to be able' to wear a bikini this summer I roll my eyes a little.

If you want to wear it, wear the damn thing. You know what the worst thing that can happen is? someone will look at you and think you're too fat to wear a bikini. Big Effing Deal. Its your body, wear what you want.

(by the way I do not recommend taking a picture of yourself if you are a very big girl wearing a bikini. They are a lot more comfy than 1 pieces or tankinis but its not really good for the self image -- I just reject the idea that it matters since unless you're a model or something its not your job to look pretty for other people.)
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Still can't figure it out. oh well
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I seriously need to buy my bikini. I already have it picked out, I just don't know what size to get. I haven't the slightest clue what my dimensions will be once I hit my goal.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Last time I wore a bikini was 1979.
    A borrowed purple number... Even at 125 lbs, my thinnest adult weight ever I felt uncomfortable.
    I felt more naked, than when I was actually naked.

30+ years later don't expect bikinis are in my future, but you never know...

BTW,
    When I was a fat child, with skinny big sisters, (in the late 60s)
    I remember wanting a bikini sooooo... bad I begged my Mom til she finally gave in.
    Then changed my mind when I later I saw photos of myself.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Okay, be nice.
    I have been VERY fortunate in my journey and don't have too many physical reminders of the fact that I used to weigh a whopping 294 pounds (no bat wings or neck waddle or other obvious signs); however, even though I am fit and healthy now and it doesn't show up as long as I'm fully clothed, I have some pretty awful loose skin and insane stretch marks.
    Like I said, be nice. (I'm 5'10" btw)
    bikini167lbs-1.jpg

Oops - I guess I forgot to post my "before" picture. It looked something like this, but less tan:
    funny_1385.jpg
  • Cajun_momma
    Options
    You still look great for having lost all that weight!! Inspiration to so many!!
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You all look great!
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Okay, be nice.
    I have been VERY fortunate in my journey and don't have too many physical reminders of the fact that I used to weigh a whopping 294 pounds (no bat wings or neck waddle or other obvious signs); however, even though I am fit and healthy now and it doesn't show up as long as I'm fully clothed, I have some pretty awful loose skin and insane stretch marks.
    Like I said, be nice.
    bikini167lbs-1.jpg

Thank you for posting this! You look beautiful. I've been having a tough time with my size and self the last few days and it's so inspiring to see someone who had 100+ pounds to lose and succeeded. I was actually 294 at my highest (I lost some weight before beginning MFP).

Wonderful photos!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Okay, be nice.
    Like I said, be nice.
    bikini167lbs-1.jpg

Thank you for posting this! You look beautiful. I've been having a tough time with my size and self the last few days and it's so inspiring to see someone who had 100+ pounds to lose and succeeded. I was actually 294 at my highest (I lost some weight before beginning MFP).

Wonderful photos!
    You can do it! It takes a lot of work, but just try to consistently eat nutritious, well-balanced meals and snacks, drink plenty of water, and move your body. No matter how long it takes to reach your goal weight, you can get healthier all the time.
    As far as the loose skin and stretch marks - they are a small price to pay for being obese for 6 years (and also having born a 9 pound child, although that was 9 1/2 years ago).
  • angelbeville
    Options
    Okay, be nice.
    Like I said, be nice.
    bikini167lbs-1.jpg

Omg, omg, omg! Cory, I started at 291.5! You look amazing! I can't wait to get there! Congrats on your hard work and thank you for posting!
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Everyone is so beautiful! Very inspiring!!!

Just took mine a few weeks ago <3

d50df76adc9e.jpg
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Okay, be nice.
    Like I said, be nice.
    bikini167lbs-1.jpg

you look incredible!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I don't own a bikini and I have not worn a bikini since I was 2 years old--true story, those are the last pics of me wearing a 2 piece bathing suit LOL. So kudos to ALL of you beautiful women (no matter where you are with your weight loss/fitness/health goals) for posting your pics! This past year I have lost 45 pounds and still hate how I look in a bathing suit...but hoping to change those thoughts to something positive. Thanks to everyone for sharing your "befores" and "afters." You all inspire me!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    kudos to any and everyone that has posted their bikini pics here.

almost (ALMOST) makes me want to go ahead and take off my shirt in public at some point.

you are some very brave ladies :)
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm inspired... I actually took a pic tonight in a sports bra... but I'm not posting it here!!! I'm super bigger than all you women!
    I think I'll save it for a time when I post before and after pics.
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Okay, be nice.
    Like I said, be nice. (I'm 5'10" btw)
    bikini167lbs-1.jpg

Oops - I guess I forgot to post my "before" picture. It looked something like this, but less tan:
    funny_1385.jpg

BAHAHAHAH!! Love the humor of the hippo pic. Very cute and you look great!
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    sorry, I don't own a bikini so no pics of me. Someday I hope.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    kudos to any and everyone that has posted their bikini pics here.

almost (ALMOST) makes me want to go ahead and take off my shirt in public at some point.

you are some very brave ladies :)
    You said it best! These ladies have some mega courage and their confidence is inspiring... Some day, we may be there too :wink: