Real Women in Binkinis!

Options

Replies

• juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Awesome pics... nice yoga poses....Very beautiful. However: there is no weight to be lost.
    5'6, with a goal of 95 lbs, that is a BMI of 15.3
    As a student in nutrition science: she should know better

I'm sorry, do not want to offend anybody. I am a nurse, and I currently deal with patients with eating disorders. A nutritionist should give a good example to all those patients.

Where did I say anywhere that my goal was 95 lbs!!???
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options

2009 at Bellows, HI with my dad. These are the most recent, sad, huh? Especially since i got married in Hawaii in 2011 and didn't let anyone take a single picture of me in a bikini.
    DSCF5916.jpg

I LOVE your shape!!! Such a tiny waist! :)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Big props to all the beautiful ladies who have posted their photos. I thoroughly debated NOT posting mine, after reading through the thread and seeing some of the "haters" so there is still a chance I may end up taking this down shortly. But here goes nothing...
    I took this as a "wake up call" photo last month....I've lost a bit more since then, and plan to continue losing weight and toning up the jiggely bits. I still wouldn't be caught dead at the pool in this suit, without a tank top to cover up, and this is not where I want to be when I meet my goal, but perhaps posting this will motivate me to keep pushing forward to get where I want to be? :) Please excuse the "mummy tummy" and stretch marks!!!

005.jpg

Thank you so much for posting this - my belly skin looks a lot like yours - well honestly I think mine is worse - I have been afraid to post even in this supportive thread b/c of the negative comments. Maybe if I can find a swimsuit in the closet that still fits, I will try and take my pic tomorrow and I guess come to terms with my 'mummy tummy' too.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Awesome pics... nice yoga poses....Very beautiful. However: there is no weight to be lost.

I'm sorry, do not want to offend anybody. I am a nurse, and I currently deal with patients with eating disorders. A nutritionist should give a good example to all those patients.

I think what probably happened is she went to your profile, saw your 'MFP starting weight 118' and your ticker showing you want to lose a total of 23 lbs, did some math and figured your goal weight to be 95 lbs. Of course obviously something might not be up-to-date, for example if you gained weight after starting MFP but did not list the gain in your profile or something. Anyway I'm pretty sure that's where she got the number from, figuring your desired 23 lb loss was starting from your 118 starting weight.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I love each and every one of y'all! Well, except for those negative nellies a couple of pages back...:smile: This thread is the first one I've ever read from Page 1 to page 19 without stopping! So inspiring! So motivating! Thanks OP, you ROCK!!!:drinker:
  • ltosoni
    ltosoni Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm the proud momma of two little girls and love to stay fit, this is November in Florida on vacation, just got this bikini while I was there!

meBR2-2.jpg
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Ladies you all look amazing!! Can't wait to have enough confidence to try on a bikini, let alone be photographed in one :)
  • juliesummers
    Options

I think what probably happened is she went to your profile, saw your 'MFP starting weight 118' and your ticker showing you want to lose a total of 23 lbs, did some math and figured your goal weight to be 95 lbs. Of course obviously something might not be up-to-date, for example if you gained weight after starting MFP but did not list the gain in your profile or something. Anyway I'm pretty sure that's where she got the number from, figuring your desired 23 lb loss was starting from your 118 starting weight.

Half a centimeter below where I listed my starting weight, I stated that my goal weight is 105-110 (whereas my body in that photo, and my normal weight, is 113). As I stated earlier in this forum (I assume you didn't see it) the reason I still have 16 lbs to lose is because January was awful for me and I quickly gained 10lbs (I got to my highest ever - higher than my MFP starting weight)
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I skipped all the drama in this thread, but wanted to leave something positive!

All of your bikini-clad women ROCK. You're all beautiful. I've never worn a bikini in my life but one day hope to change that. Love the confidence to be who you are. :heart:
  • momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing!!!! I truly admire your self confidence! You rock! NO one should tell you what you should or shouldn't wear!
  • zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options

Half a centimeter below where I listed my starting weight, I stated that my goal weight is 105-110 (whereas my body in that photo, and my normal weight, is 113). As I stated earlier in this forum (I assume you didn't see it) the reason I still have 16 lbs to lose is because January was awful for me and I quickly gained 10lbs (I got to my highest ever - higher than my MFP starting weight)

5'6, 110bs, BMI=17.8
    5'6, 105 lbs, BMI= 16.9

Both underweight. Don't get me wrong, you are beautiful. I just think that you are aiming at a weight loss similar to my ED patients. Being fit and healthy doesn't mean underweight BMI in my clinical work.
  • Swampstar
    Swampstar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This is so inspirational, well done to all you amazing people who have the courage to show everyone your progress. I personally hate wearing bikinis, I don't like having that much on show, makes me feel naked! :sad:
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options

2009 at Bellows, HI with my dad. These are the most recent, sad, huh? Especially since i got married in Hawaii in 2011 and didn't let anyone take a single picture of me in a bikini.
    DSCF5916.jpg

THANK YOU! My hubby says the same thing! :)
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    These are probably the only pictures I have of me in a two piece bathing suit since I was a kid. I believe I was around 120 pounds here, and I'm 5'5". My belly is very jiggly from my last pregnancy, and I currently have another on the way, so I no longer weigh 120 pounds. :-)

beach11-1.jpg

beach112.jpg

You are beautiful.
  • tmbwaite
    Options
    I'll before and after this bikini (or tankini in the first case) this thread! Gotta be proud of your body at ALL sizes.

230 pounds--starting point:
    4780035107_7888fe7ac9.jpg

Right around 143--loose skin, stretch marks, and all:
    6549451879_4f6c1daf18.jpg
    6549454259_f69aec3382.jpg

Wow! Great job! You look fabulous!!! :)
  • tmbwaite
    Options

DSCF5916.jpg

I agree! Beautiful shape! :)
  • Awesome pics... nice yoga poses....Very beautiful. However: there is no weight to be lost.

5'6, 110bs, BMI=17.8
    5'6, 105 lbs, BMI= 16.9

Both underweight. Don't get me wrong, you are beautiful. I just think that you are aiming at a weight loss similar to my ED patients. Being fit and healthy doesn't mean underweight BMI in my clinical work.

BMI is not an accurate measure of fitness or even health for that matter.
  • juliesummers
    Options

5'6, 110bs, BMI=17.8
    5'6, 105 lbs, BMI= 16.9

Got it. When your natural weight is 113, 110 is not unhealthy.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    003lji.jpg

True story; I bought this bikini five years ago. I have never worn it in public.
  • dyellz
    dyellz Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    042.jpg