Not accepting new friends. Need to... vent? Im not angry.

Options

Replies

• Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I don't accept very many friend requests because when I was on here before, I ended up friending a psycho and I ended up having to delete the account. This time around I am ONLY friends with the people I know aren't going to attempt to make my MFP life a living hell by talking friends into sending hate mail, and people who I've seen around who's comments and posts I like. That's it, that's all. Period. It's MY choice to decide who I want to be friends with. People don't have to like it.
    How many times I gotta say sorry for that lmao

Omgosh! U just cracked me the hell up! Lmbo!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Morons
    They might be able to use diet and excercise to get rid of the internal fat, but they will never get rid of internal ugly

I bet you're proud of your intelligence and inner beauty.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Better to have no friends than hundreds of the sort who post 'WTG', 'Awesome burn', 'Wow, good going', 'Great job' and all the other token meaningless repetitive comments when you "burned 11 calories doing 5 minutes of "Walking the goldfish"" ;o)

U know sometimes I use those same phrases and would hate to think my friends thought like u did! By posting these things at least lets them know that I took the time to look at their diary and/or read their post and took a moment or two to care! What an *kitten* thing to say! And, I am ALWAYS grateful that someone took the time out of their busy day to write WTG on my posts! Wow, how arrogant of u! And walking the goldfish fo 5 mins is better than sitting doing nothing. So yes even THAT would be enough for a WTG!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Could be a legitamite reason for that. I've read many times where someone declined the friend request for whatever reason...maybe the guy sending was a creeper. But he kept sending and and sending getting declined and not getting the hint.
    You can't block the person from sending, but putting up that statement might deter the creeper or future creepers.
  • jna1957
    Options
    add me - need all the help i can get!
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Better to have no friends than hundreds of the sort who post 'WTG', 'Awesome burn', 'Wow, good going', 'Great job' and all the other token meaningless repetitive comments when you "burned 11 calories doing 5 minutes of "Walking the goldfish"" ;o)

U know sometimes I use those same phrases and would hate to think my friends thought like u did! By posting these things at least lets them know that I took the time to look at their diary and/or read their post and took a moment or two to care! What an *kitten* thing to say! And, I am ALWAYS grateful that someone took the time out of their busy day to write WTG on my posts! Wow, how arrogant of u! And walking the goldfish fo 5 mins is better than sitting doing nothing. So yes even THAT would be enough for a WTG!

I agree! I love those short and sweet comments and I use them right back! Sometimes I have time to post more and sometimes I don't, but I do my best to at least acknowledge their effort and I'm happy when they do the same! Sheesh!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize that people were so overwhelmed, not to mention so important, that they feel the need to declare they are not accepting friends.

Really... seriously??? This is a fitness website.. get over yourself.

And, OF COURSE, I will be your friend. :)

^^ this!!
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    you can add me, more friends the better :smile:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

WTG!
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Accept them, then defriend them the next day and see how long it takes to notice.... Could be a fun game.
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I do see lots of that and I don't get it, to me i want to say "get over yourself". I will accept anyone for any reason as friends on this site. I do not judge but will help if you want contructive criticism on your meal choices.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options

:grumble: It was a Turtle, and I burned 15 calories, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
    :laugh: :happy: :laugh:
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options

WTG!

Thats just crazy, what do you want from some of us who have a lot of friends? No one has the time to sit there and write a 10 page letter to each one on how they did each day. It is the thought that someone took time to see what their "friends" are doing and posting a small note to let them know they did, stop being so negative!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I do find it ironic that someone would complain about high school-ish cliques because they're upset the "popular kid" didn't accept them. It seems that a clique is only a problem if you're not part of it... that it's cool to be popular, but snobbish to have limits.

If you want more friends, start an "introduce yourself" thread, tell a bit about yourself, and ask for friend requests. You'll get requests. Also, be sure to fill out your profile with information about yourself so you're not a faceless generic entity with no personality, don't have it completely hidden, and be active in the community.

If you want advice from people who know what they're talking about, poke around a bit and see if there's another thread about it, or start a new thread asking for advice. Or send a message to someone who seems to know what they're talking about, but be aware that each and every person on here has their own lives and problems and might not have the time or inclination, or even the proper knowledge, to address your question.
  • TexasGirl_Amie
    Options

Agree! As a mom to 3 boys and having a full time job, I may only have time to say WTG or make a quick suggestion. At least I am letting them know I saw what they accomplished.
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm all for new friends, but it really bothers me when people send me a request without sending me a message first. I just delete it if there's no message with it. I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't want people adding me so they can see why my profile is private and then delete me. For anyone who is curious as to why I'm private, the site admin made me put it to private because I said something about my ED, someone got offended and reported me, and I can't change it to be public. Mer mer mer
  • bulletprooff
    Options
    In real life (and on the internet) I welcome anyone who wants to be my friend, in fact it makes it easier for me for someone to reach out to me than me to them because I'm shy.

However, no matter what reason you have not to want to add more people, you look like a tool if you have to post a statement saying you're too popular for more internet pals or motivational support. On the plus side, it does indicate that it's a friendship that isn't meant to be because I wouldn't want to befriend someone who has to make such a precursor.
  • grag79
    grag79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm always on the lookout for new friends. I regularly delete those who are not being healthy, not logging in, etc.

Aw I'd hate if my friends deleted me because I didn't log or wasnt healthy,I have had a really bad week this week and I need by friends more than ever when I am like this or else I would probably just give up.xgx
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Um, no offense, but this is just weird and kind of creepy. Does she know you posted her pic?

ETA: I saw that you do have permission. Sorry, carry on, people! :flowerforyou:

Psst, I agree, I thought it was a little weird too. I'm glad she was ok with it though b/c she's lovely
    I found it very strange when I saw that... I think the rule is to actually ask permission BEFORE you quote another member or use their photo not check for permission after.:huh: :noway:

It makes more sense, sorta creepy if we all went around quoting others & using their photos without their permission...actually I'm not sure it's to be done at all according to the MFP guidelines.

I see that member edited his post due to others concern just in time.:indifferent:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Um, no offense, but this is just weird and kind of creepy. Does she know you posted her pic?

ETA: I saw that you do have permission. Sorry, carry on, people! :flowerforyou:

Psst, I agree, I thought it was a little weird too. I'm glad she was ok with it though b/c she's lovely
    I found it very strange when I saw that... I think the rule is to actually ask permission BEFORE you quote another member or use their photo not check for permission after.:huh: :noway:

It makes more sense, sorta creepy if we all went around quoting others & using their photos without their permission...actually I'm not sure it's to be done at all according to the MFP guidelines.

I see that member edited his post due to others concern just in time.:indifferent:
    It's okay - yes, it's strange, but not a big deal. I wasn't offended or freaked out.