How Do You Ward Off Evil Spirits?!

Options

Replies

• dwtouch4
    Options

The problem with this is once there's a proven scientific response to an aspect of our universe, how can you deny it?

I challenge you to provide a scientific response for an aspect of our universe that science cannot explain.

Um, if he had this don't you think he'd be spending more time working on getting his Nobel Prize than unveiling it on an internet forum. Of course this has been done plenty of times before, Einstein for example
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    One thing I've never seen happen is someone change their world view by something posted on a message board.

At the end of the day all of our beliefs about the universe stem from what fits best into our life.

Watch Kent Hovind hun!:) and every single one of his DVDs!

I'm going to have to respectfully decline. I've read quite a bit about Mr. Hovind already.

Haha yes!!! I know, but that shouldn't stop u from watching! There's a lot to what ur hearing about him too, I promise:) I've heard all that to, and some! I was waiting for someone to say that. He got put in prison for 10 years for not "paying his taxes", honestly, the government and all those people high up just wanted him put away because of what he is doing and teaching everyone. U gotta listen to what he has to say, and everything he says in alllll his DVDs to fully understand why they did what they did to him:)

I know right? LOL It's almost as if people not of faith believe more in God's principles than Christians, Like not doing something cause it might change your mind. I'm willing to learn
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Even Einstein believed in God. Not sure what your eluding to especially on that aspect, and you provided no proof. And the person you are striving against, and I have no problem with correction, sounds like she was once a former nonbeliever.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Even Einstein believed in God.

Actually, he was an agnostic.

"My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment."
  • Goldenbast
    Goldenbast Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    The thing I don't get is why you can't have both science and religion....faith feels good...doesn't matter if you believe in god, goddess or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    Doing good to others who cannot repay your kindness.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    sbhshv.jpg

The problem with this is once there's a proven scientific response to an aspect of our universe, how can you deny it?

I challenge you to provide a scientific response for an aspect of our universe that science cannot explain.

Watch kent hovinds DVD on creation and science!!!! That will answer ur question:)

He will not answer any questions, well he will but it won't be the right answer e.g. he'll tell you that humans and dinosaurs once co-existed and that has to be true because the earth is too young for them not to have done. But do watch the videos, they're hilarious.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    You can send them to my house
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    The thing I don't get is why you can't have both science and religion....faith feels good...doesn't matter if you believe in god, goddess or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

It's not that you can't, it's that they're not intersecting. Religion is faith. Faith is holding a belief in the absence of evidence that the belief is true. Faith has no place in science because science deals with evidence. When people try to warp science to support their beliefs (read: Creationism), that's when it becomes a problem.
  • sms1986
    sms1986 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    First, you would to define "evil", because that's a very subjective concept. Is the spirit itself evil, or are the actions of the spirit evil?

I don't personally believe in spirits, mostly because I've never had experience of spirits.
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Feed them some twinkies and cookies. They will get fat And spend all their time on MFP and have time to bother you.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Since I believe in "interdimensional beings," rather than spirits, I will say the best method is to ignore them or get mad at them and tell them to go away. When people get scared and freak out over the things that they do, they enjoy it (yes, there are a few pranksters from other dimensions/frequencies that come to ours to mess with us). They can't hurt us, but they like to play.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Call these guys:

6886247967_76540e5af5.jpg
    Ghostbusters by blmarvin, on Flickr
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    It never fails that some of those who don't believe will ridicule, call names, and post immature memes. I've yet to see a person of faith ridicule an atheist on here. Why are the non-believers so threatened by those who believe? Instead of mocking the OP, leave the thread to those who want to give her serious answers.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    serious answers.

:indifferent:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Who says that I don't believe? I simply feel like maybe a fitness sight MAY NOT BE the best place to look for answers to such issues. For crying out loud - you can't even get a simple, answer to fitness questions - Why would you come HERE to get an answer regarding this sort of issue??? If it really is that serious of a question and they truly are believers, then they should have clergy upon who they can depend. Don't depend on a random group of people who are gathered for a completely different reason! If they do not have clergy to lean on, then there are, I'm assuming, quite a number of websites with a plethora of information.
  • macpatti
    Options
    It's not that you can't, it's that they're not intersecting. Religion is faith. Faith is holding a belief in the absence of evidence that the belief is true. Faith has no place in science because science deals with evidence. When people try to warp science to support their beliefs (read: Creationism), that's when it becomes a problem.
    Science takes leaps of faith all the time. I'll stay tuned for another meme mocking religion.....
  • macpatti
    Options
    Who says that I don't believe? I simply feel like maybe a fitness sight MAY NOT BE the best place to look for answers to such issues. For crying out loud - you can't even get a simple, answer to fitness questions - Why would you come HERE to get an answer regarding this sort of issue??? If it really is that serious of a question and they truly are believers, then they should have clergy upon who they can depend. Don't depend on a random group of people who are gathered for a completely different reason! If they do not have clergy to lean on, then there are, I'm assuming, quite a number of websites with a plethora of information.
    This is the chit-chat, fun, and games section. She was wanting to chit-chat with people who may be able to give her some answers. She was directed to the Christians Unite group, so hopefully she'll find people who share her beliefs or who can address her questions.
  • mojomarie
    mojomarie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump.... :)
  • mojomarie
    mojomarie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    brick dust accross any entry to the house:) Old New Orleans remedy... no evil in:) also, sage (use a smudge stick) around your house after any negative occurance.
This discussion has been closed.