Help! Does this count as water?

Options

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    Hell no . its not water if youve added something to it.. Eg you add instant coffee to a cup of hot water. Is that still water??? No, it is now coffee
    how is it not still made of water?
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Wow. you have all GOT to be joking me. I asked a simple question. Does my concoction count as water. I did not ask if it would kill me, or summon demons from space, or how many chemicals it had. I didn't ask if you were so high on your diet horse that you only count pure spring water from the mountains of malaysia. I did NOT ask ANY of that. Some of you were VERY condescending and literally made me FEEL GUILTY for drinking KOOL-AID. SO, why don't you KOOL off and log your water however you want. I'm logging my sparkling water and chemicals and articificial colors as water xD Nobody needs to get on their high health horse. Next tiem, I just want a scientific answer. You're free to give your opinion, but you don't have to be conceited about it.

As for god making water the way He did, um...yes. But I somehow doubt that you've never eaten anything flavored, colored, or processed. I'm putting water in my body regardless of what I mix with it...

ALSO, for the record, AGAIN, i'm not using sugar free koolaid!. I'm using the old fashion koolaod flavoring that you add your own sweetener too. No aspertame or anything like that.

Thank you everyone, regardless of your opinion, who replied to me with evidence and composure =) Even if you ONLY count pure water, that's great! But thank you for not making anyone feel belittled.

Look, I wasn't trying to make you feel bad. However, you asked a question and it seemed as if you did not want an answer other than, "Yes." If you're looking for validation on it, you're not going to get it from a lot of people. Just do whatever you want but don't expect everyone to tell you it's water.
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The only thing I drink is pure water and green tea. I only log water as my doctor told me to drink at least 64 oz of PURE WATER a day... so I dont count my tea (even though they are decaf and sugar free... no chemical sweeters for this girl! That ruins the point of drinking the super healthy green tea!)
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    If question is "can you be hydrated without consuming "pure" water" the answer is yes. Think about infants. For the most part they consume only breast milk and/or formula for the first 4-6 months. Their GI system (which is more immature than ours) is able to take all the other great nutrients in these liquids as well as take the water and keep them hydrated. Yes, babies can get dehydrated but the cause is usually not enough milk and it is remedied by increasing the amount or frequency of feeding not by giving them water.
  • RangerSteve
    Options

Hell no . its not water if youve added something to it.. Eg you add instant coffee to a cup of hot water. Is that still water??? No, it is now coffee

It still has water in it. Therefore your body is still getting water from it.
  • RangerSteve
    Options
    The only thing I drink is pure water and green tea. I only log water as my doctor told me to drink at least 64 oz of PURE WATER a day... so I dont count my tea (even though they are decaf and sugar free... no chemical sweeters for this girl! That ruins the point of drinking the super healthy green tea!)

So you don't log your tea as water because it has a green tea flavor? Wow......
  • DavyHolly
    DavyHolly Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow. you have all GOT to be joking me. I asked a simple question. Does my concoction count as water. I did not ask if it would kill me, or summon demons from space, or how many chemicals it had. I didn't ask if you were so high on your diet horse that you only count pure spring water from the mountains of malaysia. I did NOT ask ANY of that. Some of you were VERY condescending and literally made me FEEL GUILTY for drinking KOOL-AID. SO, why don't you KOOL off and log your water however you want. I'm logging my sparkling water and chemicals and articificial colors as water xD Nobody needs to get on their high health horse. Next tiem, I just want a scientific answer. You're free to give your opinion, but you don't have to be conceited about it.

As for god making water the way He did, um...yes. But I somehow doubt that you've never eaten anything flavored, colored, or processed. I'm putting water in my body regardless of what I mix with it...

ALSO, for the record, AGAIN, i'm not using sugar free koolaid!. I'm using the old fashion koolaod flavoring that you add your own sweetener too. No aspertame or anything like that.

Thank you everyone, regardless of your opinion, who replied to me with evidence and composure =) Even if you ONLY count pure water, that's great! But thank you for not making anyone feel belittled.

Look, I wasn't trying to make you feel bad. However, you asked a question and it seemed as if you did not want an answer other than, "Yes." If you're looking for validation on it, you're not going to get it from a lot of people. Just do whatever you want but don't expect everyone to tell you it's water.

No, I did want opinions and fact, and I got an answer. People on here have asked their DOCTORS. I understand that the chemicals aren't the best thing, nor is anything artificial. I ALSO understand the viewpoint of "only water counts", and i admire it! I just can't do it that way all the time. HOWEVER, it's better for me to hydrate myself via kool-aid water than not drink enough water at all, in my opinion. And, for the record, I'm not intaking ALL of my water this way, I'm still drinking pure water, I just let myself have a glass of kool-aid. Point is, I was not getting an answer to the question I asked, which was "Am I drinking water" and the answer is yes. As per example of "If a drank a glass of water then ate a kool-aod packet, it's not like I never drank any water". So, thank you for your concern about the chemicals and such, but I really just wanted a simple answer.
  • DavyHolly
    Options
    I was drinking peach flavored water, until I decided I didn't want the aspertame in it. I decided to make my own.

0 calories koolaid (the kind with no sugar added)
    Sparkling water
    Stevia

Can I log this as water?

So, if I drank a glass of water, then spooned instant coffee into my mouth afterward, I have to pretend like I never drank a glass of water? I'm not sure why I asked this to begin with, as I thought this same thing before I ever asked.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I was drinking peach flavored water, until I decided I didn't want the aspertame in it. I decided to make my own.

Sparkling water
    Stevia

Can I log this as water?

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are ya?
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

Sparkling water
    Stevia

Can I log this as water?

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are ya?

I think we found the rolling pin tbh....
  • DavyHolly
    Options
    Hey, come on now, guys =/ Let's not result to completely petty insults. It's her opinion.
  • If it has caffeine it doesn't count as water.
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    If it has caffeine it doesn't count as water.
    why?
  • keash
    keash Posts: 12
    Options
    Because caffeine has a diruretic effect - Which means you urinate more after drinking and so risk becoming more dehydrated - although recent sudies have shown that this only happens if you drink 5-7 cups a day.
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    Because caffeine has a diruretic effect - Which means you urinate more after drinking and so risk becoming more dehydrated - although recent sudies have shown that this only happens if you drink 5-7 cups a day.
    so again, why should someone not log their 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning, after noon tea, and a soda with dinner?
    "Q: Is it true that caffeine-containing drinks have a diuretic effect and result in a loss of fluid?

A: No. Despite the popularity of this long-held belief -- even among some health professionals -- research does not support it. While it's true that caffeine in large amounts can temporarily increase urinary fluid loss, studies show that beverages containing moderate amounts of caffeine, like coffee, tea and soft drinks, hydrate our bodies just as well as drinks without caffeine. When it comes to calculating daily fluid intake, caffeinated drinks should be counted along with other liquids.

Read more: http://www.nctimes.com/lifestyles/health-med-fit/article_df147532-cee3-5abe-91b2-9014a83a1af1.html#ixzz1pxT5yZ7e"
    also: http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp talks about it
  • SandyandJesus
    Options
    I just list my Vitamin Water, blueberry & pomagranit under my food and not under my water.. I also list my coffee under food for my breakfast. Water is under the cups of water I drink each day. Also, if I have a glass of wine, I put it under food. That way I am at least knowing what is going into my body.. Good, bad, or Excellent or Terrible...
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    doesn't the 0 calorie kool aid have some sort of fake sweetner in it already though?
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    I log tea as water as long as it's unsweetened. i usually just get unsweet with some lemon and I'm all set. I think I'd log coffee as water if I didn't add sweetener and creamer :tongue:

I'm on the fence as to whether things like Crystal Lite and Kool Aid should be counted as water.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    My rule of thumb: If it doesn't have water in the title then don't count it as water. So sparkling water, flavored water, coconut water, watermelon, etc... COUNTS AS WATER! Anything else, does not in my book. (I don't actually log watermelon as i can't figure out how much actual water i got from the fruit, but power to anybody who does). So if you choose to call your drink mix, kool-aid water, then by all means count it.

I call it...beer water...I think I'll have a six pack tonight.
    Nah, I'm just kidding. I drink plenty of water water so I don't really have a dog in this fight.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    most say yes, I only count plain h20 or about as plain as water can get, lol