Best alternative to bacon?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• chellk71
    Options
    sorry I just use real bacon. A slice or two crumbled on my salad once or twice a week is my indulgence.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Oscar Meyer pre-cooked thick-cut bacon - 2 servings (I believe 6 slices) is like 140 calories or something like that and 10 grams of protein.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I like Oscar Meyer low sodium bacon. 70 calories for two pieces and only 170 sodium!! Much much better than turkey bacon!!

You have to enjoy and like what you are eating or you wont be able to do this long term!!
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    If I were you I would stick with regular bacon turkey bacon feels and taste like cardboard it is not that great and regular bacon has less calories
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is processed crap, go for center cut, it has less salt ususally.
  • TonnaJai
    TonnaJai Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I personally eat the butterball thin and crispy turkey bacon, some ppl don't like it but you must know how to cook it for it to taste right I hadn't eaten beef or pork in several years so this is the only option for me enjoy which ever way you decide :)
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have tried turkey bacon and my husband loves it, but for me I'd just rather have the real deal. Turkey bacon just didn't have the full flavor I was looking for. The difference isn't enough for me to exchange it.
  • redbird99
    redbird99 Posts: 298
    Options
    bacon is ok as long as u take all the fat off and either cook it in the microwave or grill it rather than frying it its fine, its when you start addin in oil to cook it that it gets bad x

Why would you add oil to cook bacon? It cooks on its own, no oil needed!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Bacon or nuthin'. I don't eat it, but turkey bacon is made with mechanically separated meat, so that's out. If you don't care about the whole MSM thing, Butterball turkey bacon actually tastes pretty good.
  • dongi
    dongi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    2 slices of center cut bacon are not that much different from turkey bacon in terms of calories (although different in saturated fat). Sometimes it's better to have a small amount of the real thing than a compromise which might not be as satisfying.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon isn't really much different than pork bacon. If you like the taste of turkey bacon, go for it. Otherwise, pork bacon in moderation is just fine.

True, there is a slight difference, I do eat it for my work breakfasts though because it microwaves better than pork IMO

For home, I take pork!
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    Use a George foreman grill to cook your bacon lol.