may-december relationships

Options
1234568»

Replies

• dawnstrassburg
    Options
    I once dated a guy 4 years younger than me, but my fiancee is 8 years older then me
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    As long as he can keep up, I don't care how old the guy is (or Hell younger for that matter)

Usually the other way around that :tongue:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    35 years older than me, and 6 years younger.
  • thekacks
    thekacks Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've gone 5 years younger... that can be fun hehehe

But for long term potential... older is usually better. Men don't mature until they are in their 70's I believe it is... lol
    I've gone 15 years older before. Depends on the guy though and if they can keep up;)
  • cary45
    Options
    When I was 34 years old I was in a relationship with a 20 year old which lasted ten years.....14 years older than him.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My current relationship: me = 27, him = 37

Kinda freaked me out at first, but it's worked out just fine :smooched:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I am 40 my husband is 32. I don't think much about the age gap unless someone points it out to me. Someone recently told me they thought my husband was my SON. This after the same person just got done telling me how wonderful I look for being 40...I don't look a day over 30..blah blah blah. She thought my husband was in high school. Not a good night for me.

Or sometimes my husband will say something that will remind me just how young he really is. When Farrah Faucet died several years ago I texted him and told him..I was sad. His response? Farrah who? :face palm:

That was funny! I was dating a 23 yr old when I was 41, and he didn't know who the Bee Gees were! Nooooo!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    My spouse is 15 years older than me. I love him but will point out to any 25 year old interested in a 40 year old man that there does come a period where you feel a bit mismatched in terms of interests because of the age difference. Now that he is nearly 60, we're having troubles finding things we both enjoy. He's slowing down....

I used to get a lot of questions regarding that. I'm glad to know there's another person out there that can do it. :)

My husband is 19 years older than I am. We got together when I was 22 and he just turned 42. He is about to turn 55 now and shows no signs of "slowing down" :huh:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    The only relationship I had, we were the same age, 4 months apart... But since I am 22, I wouldn't go past 33ish lol I dont know...I'll just say a 10 year gap between me and whomever would be okay with me.
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    The biggest age gap i've dated was 4 years younger...now my husband is 4 days younger
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'd go over 5 years now...

I don't have that option, lol. The guys that approach me seem to be either 8+ years older than me or 8+ years younger. lol. not that i'm complaining!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and he's 32 so thats 15 years difference.

My mom and her boy toy (15 years younger) both initially swore they would never get married, it was just a fun fling... but a few years later they married and have been so for 21 years
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    my husband is 10 years, 3 weeks older than me. I met him when I was 19 and he was 30, he proposed a week later. A week after that, I turned 20. We've been married almost 19 years now. Before him, I pretty much exclusively dated guys younger than me.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Twelve years. I'm the older one.
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My husband of 32 (almost 33) years is 21 years older than I. We married when I was 24 and he was 45. In our case it was a perfect fit. He was younger acting/seeming and I always seemed older for my age. We have had a fantastic marriage and I wouldn't change anything.
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    11 years, which was quite a lot when I was 21, but felt like noting when they died at 52
  • flyinghubby
    Options
    When I was 40 I dated a 24 year old for 3 years, then I convinced him he needed to find a life partner and have babies, we are still friends.Now I married my HS sweetheart - I am 65 and he is 67, I am told neither of us look our age, we are trying so hard to keep the faces from melting w/o and chemicals or Drs help!
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that when I was living in Chicago and checking out Buddy Guy's club one night...and Buddy Guy hit on me. I think he was 67 at the time and I was 27. We didn't end up as dates, but as good friends, and he was there for me when I was new to Chicago (and the USA) and for that I am forever grateful!
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    When I was 40 I dated a 24 year old for 3 years, then I convinced him he needed to find a life partner and have babies, we are still friends.Now I married my HS sweetheart - I am 65 and he is 67, I am told neither of us look our age, we are trying so hard to keep the faces from melting w/o and chemicals or Drs help!
    Not to hijack the post., but you don't look to be anywhere near your sixties! You look awesome! And very pretty. :wink: