I just don't care anymore.

Options

Replies

• Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I wish I looked better at 40 than 20, I still have time....yeah! lol.

Great job, your bum is much better with age, great job!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Umm, half a lb a week is NOT BAD AT ALL. Come on now. Be happy with what you did! You must care somewhat if you're posting to motivation and support. Even being on MFP, you must care. Just my opinion.
  • realia
    realia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    this is awesome and very motivating! :D
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You're a hottie! Thank you the inspiration!!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    that is amazing that you (anyone really) can weigh a certain weight, but look completely different. you are awesome...thank you for posting!
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    all those that say "awesome.." have you looked at her diary? Dr pepper and snickers? in the last three days? REALLY????

You're right, she should consistently eat under 1200 calories like you. Clearly she is doing it all wrong.
  • icreate
    icreate Posts: 60
    Options
    Your great :love: You just showed the same weight but in different form. Stay beautiful :flowerforyou:
  • kakklespakkle
    kakklespakkle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Im not trying to make things weird but your *kitten* looks great lol I'm sorry thats where my eyes picked up a huge difference!
    /\ /\ /\ THIS!!! GREAT BUM!!! I'm also 39 - hope I can get into such good shape too :D
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody. :drinker:

The bum is totally the work of strength training.

First picture was after I'd already lost 20 pounds and was feeling pretty good about myself... so happy the back fat rolls were mostly gone and my cellulite didn't show much.

Second picture was from about a year ago, right before I started strength training, when my bum had deflated. Third picture is after about 8 months of strength training.... Mostly machines at the gym. Leg press, leg extension, leg curl, glute press, etc.

11pounds-1.jpg

Same thing, but from the front... You can see that doing just cardio and light weights from March to July, I lost weight and got a little smaller, but my body shape didn't change much.

pink-bikini-front.jpg

I've since quit the gym, and got a small weight bench and barbell set for home. I've been doing that about 3 weeks. I'll have to update my photos soon.
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    As always an inspiration! You look great!
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I have to be honest, I'm at the point of frustration. I eat back my burned calories and am steady at about 1200 calories, but I am not losing an ounce. I've been doing this off and on for months. I really don't eat much. No sweets. No fast food. No fried food. The only guilty pleasure I have is red wine. I walk an average of 4 days per week.

Thanks for sharing your success. How long did it take you and what was your exercise schedule?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I lost the bulk of the weight from December 2010 to June 2011, and have been fluctuating a little while maintaining about the same weight since then.

With only 18 pounds to lose, you'd probably do better with more than 1200. I had the best progress when I was set to a half pound a week and ate about 1500, aiming for at least 100g of protein. For exercise, I run 3-4 times a week (about 3-6 miles) and lift weights 2-3 times a week.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    looks to me like you are just trying to show your *kitten* off..
    Yup. And she's been very inspirational for me over the past year as a result. She comes across to everyone as completely awesome. You, on the other hand, are a very different story.
  • Sammyk50
    Sammyk50 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I always love your posts and comparison pics!
    Thanks!
    Totally inspiring to lift.
    And be more concerned with body comp and fitness than with the scale.
    You look beautiful...great work!
    :)MinMin
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    She has inspired me to start lifting from her pictures and hard work, she is amazing! She inspired me to take pictures, which was almost as hard as getting on the scale for the first time! A month and a half into heavy lifting (ChaLEan) and I can already see the changes in my body, thank for the inspiration Lorina!
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I wish I had seen this back in Feb when you posted it. I need motivation to start weight lifting. I do lots of cardio but havnt been motivated at all to lift. Your pics are just the shot in the arm I need!
  • gtfitpal
    gtfitpal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good train of thought in thinking your plan out. Very nice pics also. I can see the differences. Great job.
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    Wow Great Job!
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    looks to me like you are just trying to show your *kitten* off..
    Yup. And she's been very inspirational for me over the past year as a result. She comes across to everyone as completely awesome. You, on the other hand, are a very different story.

^This!