United Airlines - Overweight passengers

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Okay so what about the EXTREMELY BROAD man I had to sit next to from Denver to Vegas, he was very muscular and broad in the shoulders, he wasn't talking up any of my seat but his elbows were! What to do about them??? Since we are solving the problems of the world. Just curious............

If you're in another person's space in ANY WAY, and for any reason, you should pay for another seat or first class. If you lie to save money, they should throw you off the flight.

If say,,,,oh....Shannon....lets me ply her with liqour and climbs onto my lap during midflight,,,,I would not charge her a penny more for sharing my seat with me..

Everything is realtive.
    Some relatives stink and some dont.

I'd charge her double...unless she had good liquor. Then I'd reconsider...and it would have to be at the beginning of the flight. Not mid-flight. That's just not acceptable.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Okay so what about the EXTREMELY BROAD man I had to sit next to from Denver to Vegas, he was very muscular and broad in the shoulders, he wasn't talking up any of my seat but his elbows were! What to do about them??? Since we are solving the problems of the world. Just curious............

OMG! In what world would a hunky muscular man taking up my space ever be a problem..shoulda asked him for some weight training tips, and maybe cop a little feel of his guns:laugh: : :tongue: ..i'd take a sexy beast over a smelly "fat" man, I'm not politically correct today, so just deal with it :wink: ....hmmmmm....ANYDAY! unless he has chocolate pudding!
    :laugh: Now that I think about it.....................But really wasn't in the mood that day, flight was late, snow storm in Denver, at that point it wasn't a hunk, it was a mucule bound jerk taking up my space!!!

Shoulda punched him in his throat then, that'll teach him! :laugh:

MG, SOOOOO good to see you posting again!!! :laugh:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options

Did you ask him to join the mile high club? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Or ask him to pick one arm rest so you could have the other? Big guys know they are big, most of them are very sweet when you speak to them. My big guy is any way.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

Did you ask him to join the mile high club? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Or ask him to pick one arm rest so you could have the other? Big guys know they are big, most of them are very sweet when you speak to them. My big guy is any way.

If I'd have asked him to join the mile high club, I'm sure he would have given me all the extra space I needed as he pulled back in horror!!! bwahaharoll.gif
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

If you're in another person's space in ANY WAY, and for any reason, you should pay for another seat or first class. If you lie to save money, they should throw you off the flight.

If say,,,,oh....Shannon....lets me ply her with liqour and climbs onto my lap during midflight,,,,I would not charge her a penny more for sharing my seat with me..

Everything is realtive.

I'd charge her double...unless she had good liquor. Then I'd reconsider...and it would have to be at the beginning of the flight. Not mid-flight. That's just not acceptable.

yes...reconsidering is always a good thing.....and being selective with the booze is also quite smart,,,unfortunately her choice of wine is Boone's Farm and I have made allowances for that in the past and will again in the future......its a complex issue and merits further thought and discourse
  • fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Options

Everything is realtive.

You have a point there. There should be an option during your ticket purchase where you can check a box letting the airline know that you are ok with the person next to you getting into your space. Kind of like that box on your tax form that asks if you want to contribute to the Presidential campaign...

:P
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Mine is too but considerate of others, this guy had that jock feel about him
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    You have a point there. There should be an option during your ticket purchase where you can check a box letting the airline know that you are ok with the person next to you getting into your space. Kind of like that box on your tax form that asks if you want to contribute to the Presidential campaign...

ROFFLE
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

Sara, have you noticed how funny your quote is in regards to this topic? :wink:
  • fatstrat
    Options
    Shoulda punched him in his throat then, that'll teach him! :laugh:

We don't know each other, but I'm glad you're here and posting. :drinker:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    I figure if you set next to me you better be ready to at least say a few words. Idle banter, don't take my arm rest, do you need the barf bag? etc.
  • fatstrat
    Options

Oh, and he had a friend, too? How rude. They should have gotten a room. At the very least, he and his jock should have taken it into the restroom. :frown:

:laugh:
  • czewwhat
    Options

Everything is realtive.

Yeah can you see that on the ticketing website, I do not care if a 450 pounder overlaps my seat all the way to (pick the destination) or yes I mind please set me next to the freshly showered thin person. ROFLMAO
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

Yeah can you see that on the ticketing website, I do not care if a 450 pounder overlaps my seat all the way to (pick the destination) or yes I mind please set me next to the freshly showered thin person. ROFLMAO

Please check the appropriate seat. NOTE: You must select one in order to proceed with ticketing.
    Would you like:
    ---- seating next to 450lb person who overlaps into your seat?
    ---- seating next to screaming, crying infant?
    ---- seating next to Mr. Bathed In Cologne?
    ---- seating next to Mrs. Won't Stop Talking?
    ---- seating next to Mr. Halitosis, Open Mouth Sleeper?

Thanks for flying Delta's Friendly Skies!
  • fatstrat
    Options

Everything is realtive.

Now, showers should definitely be a requirement!

If you fail to shower before boarding a plane you deserve to be humiliated. If you can afford a plane ticket, you can afford a bar of soap. :smokin:
  • czewwhat
    Options

Please check the appropriate seat. NOTE: You must select one in order to proceed with ticketing.
    Would you like:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: or how about sitting in front of Mrs. Oblivious's chair kicking kid!
  • fatstrat
    Options

Would you like:

Definitely more things to take care of in the ticket line.

Being blunt when offended by these nimrods is always fun. You know they don't have weapons so you can be extra rude about their inappropriateness... :D
  • czewwhat
    Options

Would you like:

Being blunt when offended by these nimrods is always fun. You know they don't have weapons so you can be extra rude about their inappropriateness... :D

So many idiots on a plane how about the I used to be a stripper, but these really are my street clothes gal!, hope you dont mind my skirt tugging every 15 minutes so my thong doesn't show street urchin that is annoying as hell too!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Would you like:

So many idiots on a plane how about the I used to be a stripper, but these really are my street clothes gal!, hope you dont mind my skirt tugging every 15 minutes so my thong doesn't show street urchin that is annoying as hell too!

I will sit next to the stripper in the thong all day long
  • czewwhat
    Options

Would you like:

I will sit next to the stripper in the thong all day long
    DAVE, DAVE how did I know you would respond to that one!