How the heck do you eat COTTAGE CHEESE?!

Options

Replies

• rima933
    rima933 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I see you are in Ontario. Take a visit to Fortinos or a Superstore and get President's Choice Blue Menu Vanilla or Strawberry cottage cheese. Very yummy! Even my hubby likes the vanilla one, and he usually HATES cottage cheese. :)

Thanks, will definately try
  • dbaumgarn
    Options
    I'm a cheese-hater so the odd time I buy it for the sake of protein it's to make Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothies. 1/2 cup ff low sodium cc, 1/2 cup 1% milk, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 2 packets of sweetener = awesomeness!

Nutrition: 204 cals, 342mg sodium, 1g fat, 30g carbs, 20g protein, 6g fiber

Here's my photo;

Picture514.jpg

Wow such beautiful presentation! You look like you live in a beach-house in some tropical place! Sounds wonderful. Whats ff low sodium cc?(the ff part)

yummy! Going to have to try this!
  • BOATS52
    Options
    I remember someone said cottage cheese makes you FAT beacause only fat peple eat it !
    I like the small curd best also add half cup with half cup of yogurt mix it up add some cereal like honey bunch of oates tasty and healthy !
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I like 1% cottage cheese with lots of pepper and a spoon! ... I kinda like mixing it in on the side of my stirfrys too :ohwell:
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of eating it on its' own.
    I usually by the dry curd version and will either make "pancakes" from it or make a super healthy version of a cheesecake.

If you want details on how to make them I'll post this info.

Thanks!

How do you make these??
  • Prefessa
    Options
    1st of all...buy the No Salt 1% variety...then add fruit...berries are great, bannans. mango...whatever! Applesauce and Cinnamon....Yum....in a pinch I have even flavored it with Kraft Mio...but What I like to do is add enough fruit to make the protein and carb count dead even.

Kinda like having dessert thats good for ya.

In Europe they blenderize it and call it Quark...there are recipes to make a low fat cheese cake out of this and while I never made it myself, I have had it for dessert when on business in the Netherlands...its yummy!
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've loved cottage cheese since I was a kid, can't get mine to eat it though! I just eat it with some pepper and a spoon :)
  • KemaVA
    KemaVA Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a strong dislike for cottage cheese... However I do like the protein.

When I do eat cottege cheese I add a ranch seasoning pack (for ranch dressing) to a 16oz container. I then add this to salads and other stuff that I would normally add ranch dressing to.
  • KemaVA
    KemaVA Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm a cheese-hater so the odd time I buy it for the sake of protein it's to make Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothies. 1/2 cup ff low sodium cc, 1/2 cup 1% milk, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 2 packets of sweetener = awesomeness!

Here's my photo;

Picture514.jpg

Wow such beautiful presentation! You look like you live in a beach-house in some tropical place! Sounds wonderful. Whats ff low sodium cc?(the ff part)

I will have to try this! Im thinking the ff is fat-free
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My most favorite: 16 oz CC, can of fruit (your choice, my favorite pineapple), a package of sugarfree jello mix (your choice, my favorite lime), and about 1/3 of coolwhip free tub(small one) Delicious!

I had this morning with sugarfree blueberry jam

I also enjoy it with tomatoes and lots of pepper (and salt).

I have also made with sliced cucumbers and a sprinkle of dill.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

Here's my photo;

^^^ The only post in this thread that hasn't grossed me out! Cottage cheese is not necessary for life. Thankfully.

Yes, power to the cheese-hatin' folks!!! Or at least cc depending on your preference ;)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

Here's my photo;

Thanks! That plant is no longer with us, we couldnt keep it alive even in our sunny kitchen, oh well! Yes ff is fat free, I used 0% Nordica Low-Sodium cottage cheese but that brand is only in Ontario. Cc = cottage cheese (in this case at least, if we were talking recreational vehicles thats a whole other thing, lol! - sorry programs auto underwriter here (insurance) hence when I see cc I don't think of cottage cheese ;)
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i only eat it mixed with yogurt ( any kind). otherwise, no thank you :-)
  • pkthv1
    pkthv1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I cut up onions add a bit of salt and pepper... mmm good. I eat it just plain with salt and pepper for breakfast, often... it has good protein and fills me up! I think it is an acquired taste... next time try small curd cottage cheese, you may like it better.
  • mcrmsi77
    mcrmsi77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    this is what I do
    they have french vanilla coolwhip that is only 25 cals and 1 gram of fat and sugar for two tablespoons of it
    I take 1/2 of cottage cheese and add two tablespoons of french vanilla whip cream, and then 1 cup of mixed berries!! SOOOOOO GOOOOD sometimes I add a sweetner packet if the berries are too tart. I have experimented with other things like golden delicious apples with the whip cream and cinnamon and the cottage cheese which taste a little like apple pie! And I have done the whip cream, cottage cheese, blueberries, and cinnamon! I promise just try it its sooo good
  • cgilchrist3
    cgilchrist3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This used to be my staple breakfast. I'd mix a few oz of flavored yogurt into the CC. Sometime sprinkle a few crushed nuts if i needed some texture.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    The only way I'm eating cottage cheese is in lasagna.
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese! In fact, I'm having it with my dinner!!! The Fiber 1 is awesome! I used to add salt and pepper until I realized the salt content. I now eat it with only pepper! Yum! My husband will not eat it either, unless it's in Lasagna! He says it reminds him of... cellulite.. :sick: :laugh:
  • lynnsf
    lynnsf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like it with Salsa. It is great that way. It also makes a great salad dressing. Maybe add a touch of french dressing. It is great.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Your cottage cheese is salty????? That is really weird. I mean, unless you added salt..

I love cottage cheese but they don't sell the good brand (Crowley) where I live now (VA) ... so sad. I eat it with a bunch of freshly ground black pepper! Yum!