How the heck do you eat COTTAGE CHEESE?!

Options

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I use cottage cheese to make a high protein vanilla cheesecake smoothie. You can't taste the cottage cheese, it gets completely smooth and this creation tastes just like cake batter in your cup!
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    mmm, cottage cheese with pepper on top of crackers! Yummm! I also love it with mashed potatos! Or just plain
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm not that fond of eating it with a spoon, but it works well as a spread - like you would use cream cheese. Look for "smooth" cottage cheese, it's less confronting to start with.
    I like it on whole grain crackers (like Ryvita) topped with tomato and black pepper.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    On a slice of bread, or crackers like Ryvita - with slices of tomato - and lots of pepper - yum!!
  • cathaynes
    Options
    For sure it is an acquired taste! I prefer the small curd. I sprinkle a tiny amount of cinnamon on it and add fresh strawberries or peaches. Its actually pretty good!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I'm not that fond of eating it with a spoon, but it works well as a spread - like you would use cream cheese. Look for "smooth" cottage cheese, it's less confronting to start with.
    I like it on whole grain crackers (like Ryvita) topped with tomato and black pepper.

Snap - did not see your answer until I had posted :-)
  • heather_elise85
    heather_elise85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i hate it! but i make myself eat it because i'm on the 17DD... I know a lot of people add fruit or spices to it...
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love fat free small curd with some smuckers simply fruit strawberry jelly mixed in. It also really good mixed with strawberry yogurt and fresh berries and some graham crackers crumbles...
  • kmjoctober
    kmjoctober Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Me.. sometimes when I'm bored and not hungry, I get a spoonful right out of the container.

it's yummy.

but it's really good with pineapple or peaches.
  • jlpellegrino
    Options
    I love cottage cheese, I eat it with a spoon and a few cracks of pepper on it.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    OOh, thank you for the reminder! I used to hate cottage cheese as a young-un. Especially with fruit (I am in the minority on that one, I know). But now I like it, all on it's own. Loving the idea of putting it on the baked potato though :)
  • kayejb519
    Options
    Maybe its just a consistency thing with me, but I just cant eat that stuff...but I am not a yogurt fan either.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I know, we're a weird bunch ... I like it too :) ... actually some fresh preserves mixed in is pretty yummy too ...
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I love it with pineapple rather than by itself. It's so good! They have 100 calorie packs with cottage cheese and pineapple, too.
  • dancin2011
    dancin2011 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm a cheese-hater so the odd time I buy it for the sake of protein it's to make Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothies. 1/2 cup ff low sodium cc, 1/2 cup 1% milk, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 2 packets of sweetener = awesomeness!

Nutrition: 204 cals, 342mg sodium, 1g fat, 30g carbs, 20g protein, 6g fiber

Here's my photo;

Picture514.jpg

That sounds (and looks) amazing! Definitely trying that..thank you!
  • lorelei105
    lorelei105 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love it, but I find the low fat kind to be a little thin, so I add a tiny bit of low fat greek yogurt and it makes it taste just like the full fat kind! I like mine on the side of a salad, or sometimes I'll put it in a bowl with salsa and I will dip celery sticks or red pepper strips in it. Sounds weird but it's delish!
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    I just threw up in my mouth lol!
  • MikaRochelle
    Options
    I eat the small curd with pineapples or pears mostly. Occasionally I will get it with pepper. I have a friend that eats it with pepper and ketchup, but I am not bold enough to try that yet.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    REPOST - a high protein vanilla cheesecake smoothie recipe
    Wow! I made a high protein vanilla cheesecake smoothie tonight. It tastes like cake batter. So delicious!!!
    Here's the ingredients and you can easily modify as you like.
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1 cup nonfat milk
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    2 tablespoons sugar free cheesecake pudding mix
    tsp. vanilla extract
    6 ice cubes stevia or whichever sugar substitute you like and add to taste.
    Toss it all in a blender and mix until smooth and thickens.
    Don't worry, the cottage cheese gets all smooth and gives it a cheesecake cake batter taste. This recipe packs 60 grams of protein and about 400 calories. Super yummy and you stay very full.