How the heck do you eat COTTAGE CHEESE?!

Options

Replies

• alyssaanagram
    Options
    Love cottage cheese! I eat mine with strawberries and cantaloupe & sprinkle chia seeds or flax seeds on top. Very healthy snack/breakfast! Great post workout.
  • Jamiewoodle
    Jamiewoodle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    :tongue: I can't eat it by itself either. I have to add some grapes, pinapple, peaches, pears or melon to it.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I don't. I hate that stuff. Maybe mixed in with other things it would be OK. I've seen some recipes for protein shakes that use cottage cheese in them.
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    I eat it all by itself with a spoon. Actually just had some for breakfast... yum!
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Its easy to eat because it is delightfully delicious with any combination of foods including fruit, salads, meat, or by itself. I love cottage cheese, and am not afraid to say it!
  • kiawya
    kiawya Posts: 73
    Options
    It is very high in sodium, but great on protein. Good with fruit, if your not a fan, you can use it to replace ricotta cheese in most recipes. Mixing it with fruit also helps. I've tried the low or no sodium kinds and it yucky.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Kroger has pico de gallo. Mix that into the cottage cheese and eat with some crackers. Holy snap yum.
  • SkinnieFinnie
    SkinnieFinnie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese!.. only the small curd. I put a little in a bowl & sprinkle a little seasoned salt on it (I'm addicted to salt, I know.. bad). I do not like fruit in my cottage cheese!!
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Love it on a baked potato, or with any fruit.. or mixed with sugar free jello
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Buy full strength (4% fat). In my opinion (or in my area) store brands taste far better than the name brands.
    I eat it straight. Tasty and filling.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I either eat with some sort of fruit like peaches, pineapple or strawberries OR I eat it with salt and pepper... yummy yummy
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    BUMP...for all the ideas!!! Thanks
  • Maylingj
    Options
    I don't eat it. I bought some the other day and tried it for the first time in 20 years. It is still disgusting! I'd rather have a tiny amount of low fat cheddar that lashings of that stuff.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to get a spoonful of it to my mouth. I want to, so bad. But it looks so nauseating.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Agreed. We get the 4% from Trader Joe's and it's delicious ... I personally like large curd, but my wife can't stand it ... yet she loves small curd ... I don't get it ... I'm fine either way as I just really like the stuff!
    Buy full strength (4% fat). In my opinion (or in my area) store brands taste far better than the name brands.
    I eat it straight. Tasty and filling.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it. It's got too much sodium for me. I would eat the lower sodium kind but it's very hard to find.
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    I've heard so much about cottage cheese and I bought it and its salty and chunky. Why do so many people like this? Do you eat it with a spoon like that?:smile:

LMAO, w/ a spoon! But seriously, it's delicious! I get the small single serving cups in 2% small curd. I eat it in salads, with a sandwich as a side instead of chips, I also like to take tomatoes with light salt and pepper and eat it with cottage cheese! Sometimes I just eat it straight :) yum
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I don't, the texture is too revolting.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    With a spoon and my mouth
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I eat it with Tomatoes and lots of pepper Yummy!!!: