Calling all Geeks & Nerds.

Options

Replies

• gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    <
    I am a whole new level of nerd. Read my username ;) (oh yeah baby, I've got the whole sky memorized. Siriusly). I also travel a few times in a year to 0 zero pollution spots, just to gaze at the infinite beauty of the sky in all its glory.
    Feel free to add me for support, I am on my last few lbs though! Also my diet is 80% Indian food :-D
  • kaiteboo
    kaiteboo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love video games and all things that are nerdy :). This year I was domo for Halloween so I got to hide in a fluffy costume, but this year I'd like to dress as juliet from lollipop chainsaw, so got to get in shape :). Feel free to add me
  • jonboy12
    Options
    No way! All my mates thought I was odd for having a dual zombie/nuclear war contingency plan

Which island have you chosen as your refuge?
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    Great Scott!!

Come to the group and check this out...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/501938-great-scott

When this baby get's up to 88mph you're going to see some serious ****!!
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am a total geek/nerd/dork mix. A mutt if you will of all things that are awesome. If you saw my place, well it'd be quite obvious before you even stepped through the doorway. I absolutely love dnd, Star Wars, video games, rpg, anime, zombie/vampire/basically any kind of horror, reading, drawing, any kind o artistic media, crafts, comics, action figures, Indiana Jones, and so many other things. I am guilty of saying "I love you" in the special language of the elves and saying "Enjoy, my friend." in huttese on a gift I had wrapped for a friend. I plan on learning how to crochet and knit all things geek and decorate cakes and cupcakes as such. *sighs* Tis a dream of mine to be surrounded in my own little geek world. I have major ocd among other things. I recently said that I would love to have a roommate like Sheldon on The Big Bang theory only to be told that I am the Sheldon roommate. Hm. I find this quite flattering to be the girl version of a genius such as him. I dream of going to conventions in full costume, though sadly, I have not been able to yet. Maybe some day I can. For now, I can only dream. Eep, I've been rambling. Sorry. Um, to sum it all up, I love all things geeky, nerdy, and dorky. Geeks will rule. Case closed on that. Anyways, feel free to add me, if I haven't already scared you off.

Oh, and has anyone else planned to one day due the zombie run? Another dream that I'd love to come true, but not looking too good seeing how I can't breathe when I run. Never really have been able to. Looks amazing though. Love the obstacles.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Saw these and thought of you guys :heart:

267824_10150359726419989_501919988_10014360_2725896_n.jpg

11320968_787.jpg
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    Great Scott!!

Come to the group and check this out...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/501938-great-scott

When this baby get's up to 88mph you're going to see some serious ****!!

Can you really not type **** in the forums?!!?

Well that's just ******* ***** ***** *********** rino **** **** **** pole **** *** *** in spain, while ****** *** **** *** *** ***** *** in ***** Tony Blair ***** *** **** *** *** *** ***************** ** ****** mongoose!!!!
  • Krissie_Triaxis
    Options
    *deep breath*

you don't know what a slayer is shiny cap'n gaiman pratchett hail to the king baby wibbly wobbly timey wimey perdido street station rorshach goblin king lord of darkness all these planets are yours except europa attempt no landing there if it bleeds we can kill it they mostly come at night mostly we're gonna need a bigger boat china meiville the walking dude lament configuration bah weep grah nah weep ninnybong omega hedron cal el weapon x grammaton cleric samcro by the power of grayskull thundercats ho warrior princess as you wish you have ten seconds to comply it is like a finger pointing away to the moon black mesa compound umbrella corporation you ain't seen bad boys 2? I'm sorry Shaun this is my boomstick face of bo bored now I can kill you with my brain that's not a knife you got me tongue tied tongue tied it's not that the wind is blowin it's what the wind is blowin my name is Indrid Cold there are three lights you have been and always shall be my friend that's no moon...

*exhale*

Okay if you're a nerd or geek and you don't friend me after that there's no bloody hope for you...

THAT has to be the THE single most awesome quote mash up I have ever read. :D
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    Options
    Love ninjas and pirates and lasers and ****!
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    *deep breath*

you don't know what a slayer is shiny cap'n gaiman pratchett hail to the king baby wibbly wobbly timey wimey perdido street station rorshach goblin king lord of darkness all these planets are yours except europa attempt no landing there if it bleeds we can kill it they mostly come at night mostly we're gonna need a bigger boat china meiville the walking dude lament configuration bah weep grah nah weep ninnybong omega hedron cal el weapon x grammaton cleric samcro by the power of grayskull thundercats ho warrior princess as you wish you have ten seconds to comply it is like a finger pointing away to the moon black mesa compound umbrella corporation you ain't seen bad boys 2? I'm sorry Shaun this is my boomstick face of bo bored now I can kill you with my brain that's not a knife you got me tongue tied tongue tied it's not that the wind is blowin it's what the wind is blowin my name is Indrid Cold there are three lights you have been and always shall be my friend that's no moon...

*exhale*

Okay if you're a nerd or geek and you don't friend me after that there's no bloody hope for you...

You seem more human, than human.
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    Options
    Great now I got that song stuck in my head. Well, at least it's a song that I like. Anyone else have this problem? Happens to me everytime someone says something from a song.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to sing the doom song to zombies on a spaceship in a galaxy far far away.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I thought everybody had a zombie contengency plan, well a few plans depending on the type of zombies. You mean I'm a geek for this, man I always thought I was cool.
  • SoozieQuarks
    SoozieQuarks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I haven't had time to read through the entirety of this shiny topic, so forgive me if this has been mentioned...

Has anyone else read The Nerdist Way by Chris Hardwick? It's super motivational to all the nerdy peoples, especially the chapters on fitness. And Chris is a good writer and funny in a way only fellow nerds & geeks understand.

Pick it up from your local library today!

::Having done her book recommending duty for the day the librarian shuffles off muttering Dewey decimal numbers to herself.::
  • AmandaK3
    Options
    This has got to be the BEST thread. Personally like to think of myself as been more "quirky". :)

I more of a geek when it comes to movies, music, books, and tech. Not so much when it comes to sci-fi....unless we're talking Firefly. I know it's been over forever, but a girl can dream that it might come back right?
  • skir927
    skir927 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have some more nerdy friends! I'm a huge Trekkie and Whovian (my car has a "My other car is a TARDIS" magnet and a "My other car has warp nacelles" one is on order). I named my oldest kid Will Robinson and my youngest after Leonardo da Vinci/Galileo, for crying out loud. I love science and sci-fi. I wish I were a librarian, but I've already got two degrees, and you gotta know when to say when. ;)
  • miffkins
    Options
    feel free to ad me anyone :)
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    LOL you my friend sound liek someone id hang out with so ill add you as a friend asnd yes starwars rocks but zombies kinda freak me out im more into other horror themes lol but then again brains might be a slimming diet to be on.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I haven't had time to read through the entirety of this shiny topic, so forgive me if this has been mentioned...

Has anyone else read The Nerdist Way by Chris Hardwick? It's super motivational to all the nerdy peoples, especially the chapters on fitness. And Chris is a good writer and funny in a way only fellow nerds & geeks understand.

Pick it up from your local library today!

::Having done her book recommending duty for the day the librarian shuffles off muttering Dewey decimal numbers to herself.::

Not mentioned that I know of but I adore Chris Hardwick and hadn't heard of this book, but just looked it up and my local library has it in epub so it's been downloaded to my nook and I'll begin reading it shortly.

And I will also say that I may be one of the nerdy few who misses the Dewey decimal system - I loved the smell of those card files! Wow, even I think that's a bit too much. Oh well. Thanks for the recommend!
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Science nerd here :happy: and totally ready for the zombie apocalypse. I will be damned if I let a zombie run me down!