Dr. Phil - Open Marriage

Options

Replies

• paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

As for your Christians/Catholics, I'm sure you're all free from any wrong, since you are all ready to cast the first stone.

Adultery in the bible (sleeping with someone other than your spouse) is a sin , the bible says we can judge in righteous judgement, so we can judge on the basis of sin.

I think it's odd, but hey, if that's how they want to live their lives, there's nothing I can do about it & I'm not going to hate on the people, but I will voice my opinion.

Since we are quoting the Bible, why don't we go with the verse that says don't defile your body with tattoos and piercings? (Leviticus 19:28)

Since you have snakebites and other piercings, you must be sinning.

The Bible isn't pick and choose. If you are following it, follow it. If you aren't, don't. But don't judge others when you are committing sin from a biblical perspective as well.
    I think you mean:
    Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Cuttings in the flesh for the dead is referring to when people in tribes & ancients cut themselves out of grief - That the ancients were very violent in their grief, tearing the hair and face.
    I also have no tattoos.

I know the bible like the back of my hand, so please, don't use it against me, especially in the wrong context.
  • Brandontidd
    Brandontidd Posts: 8 Member
    Options

As for your Christians/Catholics, I'm sure you're all free from any wrong, since you are all ready to cast the first stone.

Adultery in the bible (sleeping with someone other than your spouse) is a sin , the bible says we can judge in righteous judgement, so we can judge on the basis of sin.

I think it's odd, but hey, if that's how they want to live their lives, there's nothing I can do about it & I'm not going to hate on the people, but I will voice my opinion.

Since we are quoting the Bible, why don't we go with the verse that says don't defile your body with tattoos and piercings? (Leviticus 19:28)

Since you have snakebites and other piercings, you must be sinning.

The Bible isn't pick and choose. If you are following it, follow it. If you aren't, don't. But don't judge others when you are committing sin from a biblical perspective as well.

Do a bit of research before you post things you aren't aware of. These are covered under the blood of the sacrifice! As all sins are. They were also used in a MUCH different context. Read the whole bible and understand the book Do not pick and choose verses...
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    marshmellows for smores anyone?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    You know, being unaccepting of those who are OK or IN Open Marriages is (in my book) right up there with those that are unaccepting of gays, other skin colors, other cultures, or other religions. I mean, I have my limits - Pedofilia, necrophilia, rape (etc), but in the scheme of life, this is a non-issue. I can "Live and let live" as far as this one is concerned.

So just because you don't agree with open marriages, you're on the same level as a racist? Oh my:noway:

In my book, yes. People that are judgmental towards others are the same people that are usually discriminatory by nature also.

Open mind = open heart. Closed mind = closed heart

I personally don't agree with Open Marriage & I am strictly against racism/ableism (all that), so please, don't jump to conclusions. Just because I think the Marital bed should not be shared with anyone that isn't married to you (but do what you want, it's your life, just 'cos I don't agree with it doesn't mean I'm gonna stop you), does not mean I advocate racism! That's ridiculous.

Well personally I have witnessed these things with people saying that they are against racism and such......and then see them in action and how they judged me and my husband for being an interracial couple and such.

I am personally in a monogamous relationship, but I have no objections or adverse feelings toward anyone else in society that chooses to do so either.
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    I guess if you have no ability to connect on a soul level.........this might be possible.........but how very sad........

And some people would say that having vanilla sex with the same person for your whole life is sad, boring and pathetic. I bet you wouldn't feel very good if you heard someone say that about your relationship.

Pssh, well a real marriage is much more than just sex. It seems to me that in an open "marriage" the "married" couple are simply just "friends with benefits." What's the point? Why not just stay single and sleep around? Is the marriage for the tax benefits?

I see a lot of people getting married for the wrong reasons (pressure from society, family expectations, etc.) When you're absolutely in love with someone--not just "sorta-fond-of-them-could-possibly-put-up-with-them-forever"--you wouldn't even stop to think about there being anyone else. You don't NEED anyone else.
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    *shakes head*

Simply amazing how society has regressed.

No matter what society (nowadays) tells you. It is absolutely possible for one man and one woman to be happy together, work through problems, and remain satisfied and not have to *kitten* around.

"I wasn't made that way" is just a big excuse.

BY THE WAY. Yes. I am judgemental. I have my beliefs that have been held for thousands of years, and have never remained changed to the perversion of society, when you judge me and call me names for my beliefs, you are being WORST than I am. I would never make fun, call names, or ridicule people for their core beliefs. Remember that.

And stop it. Homosexual rights are NOT THE SAME as black people getting their rights.

Remember, homosexuals aalready have the same rights we do. They want special treatment and rules to be made for them because they don't like the law. If you don't like the law, get it changed. It will be noted though that in the 27 states a provision has been voted on, not ONE has passed. It looks like the people have spoken and the only way to get your way is to get liberal judges to reject the vote of the people!

Homosexuals want special treatment? Did you really just write that?? You scare me. You really, really scare me.

Tell me this. What rights do homosexuals NOT have that everyone else does?

Could I go out and marry a man? Nope.... Could you go out and marry a woman? Nope. The laws are the same. They have equal treatment. They want special provisions in the law for their particular lusts. Should we grant the same to a man who is in love with his car? Or dog? You know what is considered normal NOW (homosexuality) was pervers 10 years ago, what is perverse now (think pedophilia and the NAMBLA group) could be in this same human rights battle in 10 years. Mark it on your calendar...

^^^^^ This guy is why we can't have nice things.

It's all about CONSENTING ADULTS, dude. Kids and dogs will never be consenting adults. Ever. It's about getting Government OUT of the bedroom.

And you had the right to marry the CONSENTING ADULT you loved, because that person was conveniently of the opposite gender. Homosexuals in many states do not have the right to marry the CONSENTING ADULT that they love.
  • Wileyjoe
    Options
    Why bother to get married then?

For the tax break???

Now what fish bowl do I put my keys in again?:wink:

This man is a genius.

I am great a sharing. :D

I am the only genius here, stop with your judgement! :flup:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    *shakes head*

No matter what society (nowadays) tells you. It is absolutely possible for one man and one woman to be happy together, work through problems, and remain satisfied and not have to *kitten* around.

BY THE WAY. Yes. I am judgemental. I have my beliefs that have been held for thousands of years, and have never remained changed to the perversion of society, when you judge me and call me names for my beliefs, you are being WORST than I am. I would never make fun, call names, or ridicule people for their core beliefs. Remember that.

And stop it. Homosexual rights are NOT THE SAME as black people getting their rights.

Remember, homosexuals aalready have the same rights we do. They want special treatment and rules to be made for them because they don't like the law. If you don't like the law, get it changed. It will be noted though that in the 27 states a provision has been voted on, not ONE has passed. It looks like the people have spoken and the only way to get your way is to get liberal judges to reject the vote of the people!

Homosexuals want special treatment? Did you really just write that?? You scare me. You really, really scare me.

Could I go out and marry a man? Nope.... Could you go out and marry a woman? Nope. The laws are the same. They have equal treatment. They want special provisions in the law for their particular lusts. Should we grant the same to a man who is in love with his car? Or dog? You know what is considered normal NOW (homosexuality) was pervers 10 years ago, what is perverse now (think pedophilia and the NAMBLA group) could be in this same human rights battle in 10 years. Mark it on your calendar...
    The right to have a lawful marriage with the person they love?!!?

Comparing two humans marrying to a human marrying a car is ridiculous.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    *shakes head*

Sorry, but none of us are made to be monogamous. We are animals and very few animals mate for life. Humans are not by nature monogamous.

We were "broken" like you train a dog from an early age on that that is the way it is supposed to be...........so that is how most people try to live.

For the ones that realize that we are meant to be more open, good for them.
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    You know, being unaccepting of those who are OK or IN Open Marriages is (in my book) right up there with those that are unaccepting of gays, other skin colors, other cultures, or other religions. I mean, I have my limits - Pedofilia, necrophilia, rape (etc), but in the scheme of life, this is a non-issue. I can "Live and let live" as far as this one is concerned.

So just because you don't agree with open marriages, you're on the same level as a racist? Oh my:noway:

In my book, yes. People that are judgmental towards others are the same people that are usually discriminatory by nature also.

I personally don't agree with Open Marriage & I am strictly against racism/ableism (all that), so please, don't jump to conclusions. Just because I think the Marital bed should not be shared with anyone that isn't married to you (but do what you want, it's your life, just 'cos I don't agree with it doesn't mean I'm gonna stop you), does not mean I advocate racism! That's ridiculous.

Well personally I have witnessed these things with people saying that they are against racism and such......and then see them in action and how they judged me and my husband for being an interracial couple and such.

I am personally in a monogamous relationship, but I have no objections or adverse feelings toward anyone else in society that chooses to do so either.

Just because you have witnessed that, doesn't give you the right to think that I do the same.
    I'm insulted.

I couldn't care less what someone wants to do with their marriage, I just wouldn't do it in my own because *I* personally don't believe you should bring other people into your marriage.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

No one said you were a racist, they said that you are intolerant. Racism is a type of intolerance, not all intolerance is racism.

I'm not Intolerant, if they want to have an open relationship, then let them! Just because I don't agree doesn't mean they need to stop.
    Their lives their choices & opinions, just like this is my life, my choice & my opinion.
    I don't see why, just because I don't agree & wouldn't take part in an open marriage myself, all of a sudden I'm made out to be a horrible person?

Woah, woah, woah. Let's ease up a little here, people. She's MORE than allowed to have her opinion and shouldn't be called racist and intolerant to something simply because it's not for her. She's straight, does that mean she's a homophobe? No, get your heads out of your *kitten*.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    *shakes head*

Back in the olden days women used to get married between the ages of 12 and 14....................
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    *shakes head*

You just royally pissed me off. They do not want special treatment. They want to be able to marry whomever they love, just like you do. And did you seriously compare the love of a lover to that of a car? Are you completely dense?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Just throwing out here... There is a special group that is hidden here for people with similar sexual interests. If you'd like to join it for extreme sexual discussions, PM me and I will send you an invite.
  • hdroddy
    hdroddy Posts: 122
    Options
    If we really want to talk about the Bible, lets talk about lying. There's not a one among us who has never done this. Even if all you've ever done is tell someone their baby was cute when it wasn't, or that dress looked good when it didn't. They are told to spare feelings, but still, they are lies.

So we've all sinned to one degree or another. Which means that not a one of us qualifies to judge anyone else on the "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" prerequisite.

Plus, all sins are not equal. Even in the bible. And me, personally, I'm a lot less worried about someone's sexual proclivities AS LONG AS THEY ARE BETWEEN CONSENSUAL ADULTS AND NO ONE GETS HURT, than I am about rapists and murderers and pedophiles.
  • paigemarie93
    Options

No one said you were a racist, they said that you are intolerant. Racism is a type of intolerance, not all intolerance is racism.

I'm not Intolerant, if they want to have an open relationship, then let them! Just because I don't agree doesn't mean they need to stop.
    Their lives their choices & opinions, just like this is my life, my choice & my opinion.
    I don't see why, just because I don't agree & wouldn't take part in an open marriage myself, all of a sudden I'm made out to be a horrible person?

Woah, woah, woah. Let's ease up a little here, people. She's MORE than allowed to have her opinion and shouldn't be called racist and intolerant to something simply because it's not for her. She's straight, does that mean she's a homophobe? No, get your heads out of your *kitten*.

I actually love you so much right now!
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options

I actually love you so much right now!

I love you too.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Do a bit of research before you post things you aren't aware of. These are covered under the blood of the sacrifice! As all sins are. They were also used in a MUCH different context. Read the whole bible and understand the book Do not pick and choose verses...

My point was you are all picking and choosing verses to follow.

Leviticus 19:19 says don't wear clothes of mixed material. I'm pretty sure you all have cotton and polyester clothes.

Leviticus 24:16 says to stone people to death that blaspheme.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 says to stone children that disobey.

Numbers 15:32-56 Says to stone people that break the Sabbath.

Deuteronomy 22:23-24 says to stone people that are raped if they don't scream loud enough.

So lets ignore the OLD testament, as you guys always like to do.

My point is that EVERYONE has sinned. Whether it is swearing, lying, judging, hating someone, being jealous, whatever.

Matthew 7:5 - "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. "

I grew up in the church. I was raised in a christian faith, and I believed. Intolerant, hypocritical, lying, backstabbing, judgmental people were the reason I stopped. Don't quote scripture to me, because I've memorized hundreds of verses.

The more I learn about religion, the less I want anything to do with it.
  • Wileyjoe
    Options
    I love you all, but don't take that as me trying to seduce you or anything :flup:
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    If we really want to talk about the Bible, lets talk about lying. There's not a one among us who has never done this. Even if all you've ever done is tell someone their baby was cute when it wasn't, or that dress looked good when it didn't. They are told to spare feelings, but still, they are lies.

So we've all sinned to one degree or another. Which means that not a one of us qualifies to judge anyone else on the "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" prerequisite.

"For all have sinned & fall short of the glory of God" - That is why their is a little thing called Repenting!
    We can judge in righteous judgement - judge on sin & rebuke.
    "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" - that applies to people who judge unrighteously.