Best tear jerker scene

Options
jenlarz
jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
What movie scene never fails to make you tear up?

For me,
Armageddon when Harry is saying goodbye to Grace is the worst, I have seen this movie many times and cried every time

Replies

• chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    For me, a home health aide for the elderly, and a girl who fell in love with her hubby at the age of 17, the scene in The Notebook when older Noah and Ally are dancing and she remembers everything for a moment, and then forgets it all again. I lose it every time! :sad:
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Marley & Me, the whole movie :laugh:
  • teeniemarie619
    teeniemarie619 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Steel Magnolias - when Sally Field is at the funeral of her daughter and is saying she wants to know "WHY?!"
    Legends of the Fall - when Samuel dies, when Isabel II dies
    The Champ - when Ricky Shroeder is telling the (dead) champ (his dad) to wake up
    Armageddon - when Ben Affleck tells Bruce Willis he loves him AND when Bruce Willis is saying goodbye to Gracie
    The Notebook - the end
    Terms of Endearment - when the boys go to the hospital to say goodbye to their dying mom
  • Kelsbellz
    Kelsbellz Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    The Notebook kills me every time!
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    When Rose lets go of Jack's hand in Titanic. Sigh. Gets me every time.

14839892.png
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Rudy! When he runs on the field.
    Field of Dreams when Kevin Costner plays catch with his dad.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    When Bubba dies in Forrest's arms....
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My Girl - When Veda is looking over Thomas Jay's dead body and says, "He can't see without his glasses!!!"

'cuse me...I have something in my eye.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    When all the pets return in Homeward Bound...except for Shadow...luckily he comes, too, but it makes you think he's gone! Yes, I know that movie is like, 20 years old and a kids movie, but it gets me every time!
  • kiwiclove
    kiwiclove Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    like the first 20 min of UP lol, so good, all of ever after, and agreeing with everyone else, marley and me.
  • Annadrews
    Annadrews Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Forest Gump: When Jenny Dies:(:sad:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Pursuit of Happyness when they have to sleep in the subway bathroom. :cry:

eta: It's actually the entire movie that kills me. I think I cried throughout the whole thing
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Breakfast at Tiffanys, when they're looking for Cat in the rain. :cry:

Serenity, when Wash dies. :sad:
  • andforpoise
    Options
    Walk to Remember :P Where Jamie is being made fun of in the cafeteria by Landon's friends and she turns around to run home and runs into him... then he punches his friend in the face! It's not so much tear jerking as it is heart swelling :P I wish I had a guy like that in highschool!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I don't cry often over movies, but I did watch one just the other day and my own choking sobs took me by surprise. It was "Nights In Rodanthe." It wasn't the tragic event that made me cry, but the very last scene, the very ending, right before the credits start rolling. I won't be a spoiler and say what it was.
  • RockKelly
    RockKelly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    8 Seconds..One of my all time favorites that makes me choke up ever time!
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options

^^THIS^^

Last 5 minutes were the worst. The ENTIRE theater was bawling.
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Rudy - When his friend dies

Dead Poet's Society - When Sean Robert Leonard's character kills himself

Platoon - When Willem Dafoe's character is killed

Leon - "for Mathilde"

*kitten* Out of Carolina - Entire frakkin' movie! It's a powerful beast and a movie I'll never watch again, but in well over a decade, I've never forgotten it. Sometimes we need to be taken out of our comfort zones and acknowledge that horrific things happen in the world.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options

Me too..
  • latinabubbles
    Options
    The Notebook. EVERY. TIME. The first time I saw it, I was seeing a soldier who'd just deployed to Iraq. The scene of Noah coming back, Allie being with the other guy.. OMG, ripped me apart. And then the end when they died. The entire movie.... tear jerker for me.

Oh and my newest Dear John.... Savannah pisses me off!!! LMAOOO. Seriously. First time I saw it at the movies, I was a horrible mess when I left, tears all over the place.

What is it with Nicholas Sparks... LOL