Options

Replies

• samandlucysmum
    Options
    The Lake House, Youv'e Got Mail and City of Angels
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options

*kitten* Out of Carolina - Entire frakkin' movie! It's a powerful beast and a movie I'll never watch again, but in well over a decade, I've never forgotten it. Sometimes we need to be taken out of our comfort zones and acknowledge that horrific things happen in the world.

I saw this with my mom when I was like, 12 (young for this movie, yes), and it has never left me.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Any film where an animal dies *welling up thinking about them* - as a kid I howled when Lassie was holding up a hurt paw. I can cry just listening to the tune Born Free....

And for info, I have never watched Marley & Me - having lost our beloved Labrador Sam a short time before it was released I get watery eyes even thinking about watching it...

4558573.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • CarynCharB
    CarynCharB Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Steel Magnolias, graveyard scene.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I cry if there's a happy ending. I cry if there's a sad ending. I'm just sappy like that. Too many movies to list. :cry:
  • ssforcey
    ssforcey Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The end of 7 Pounds with Will Smith. Horrible! Scarred for life. The end is when it all comes together. Throat tightening/ugly face/heart broken crying. I will never watch that movie again.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Breakfast at Tiffanys, when they're looking for Cat in the rain. :cry:

Serenity, when Wash dies. :sad:

"Wash...wait, where's Wash??"
    "He ain't coming."

That's the part that gets me. Zoe, just losing her husband, still so strong and "to the job".
  • ssforcey
    ssforcey Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I'd cry to The Price is Right....what a freak. I should've known then what a wierdo I was.
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    An old Lana Turner movie, "Imitation of Life," a real cheese-fest, but at the end, when the mother dies, they have a huge New Orleans-style funeral, white horses pulling the carriage for the casket and everything, Mahalia Jackson belting out "Troubles of the World," and the prodigal daughter (who had denied her mother...long story) comes bawling in and flings herself on her mother's casket.

The hairs on the back of my neck are standing up, just remembering that scene.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    When all the pets return in Homeward Bound...except for Shadow...luckily he comes, too, but it makes you think he's gone! Yes, I know that movie is like, 20 years old and a kids movie, but it gets me every time!
    [/quote

I haven't seen this forever, but agree the times I have seen it I have cried every time you see Shadow come over that hill :)
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    The Green Mile: When they are executing John Coffey and all the guard are crying. Gets me EVERYTIME!
  • butjuli
    butjuli Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When Mufasa dies in The Lion King...still gets me every time lol
    Old Yeller when they have to put him down
    The Patriot when Susan yells out "Papa", and pretty much the whole movie
    Forrest Gump
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Marley & Me, the whole movie :laugh:

^^THIS^^

Last 5 minutes were the worst. The ENTIRE theater was bawling.

I started crying before anything bad even happened because I knew how it was going to end!
  • butjuli
    butjuli Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The Green Mile: When they are executing John Coffey and all the guard are crying. Gets me EVERYTIME!

^Was going to say this one too!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Last scene of Wicker Park. Makes me weep everytime.

Or - when Buffy has to kill Angel. It gets me every time.
  • slayerdan
    Options
    3 movies in life have made me cry.

1. When I was a kid and saw Kramer vs Kramer.....when he lost custody was really sad.

2 The original Champ w Schroeder and Voight
    cried and cried.

3. And the one I get the laughs from: when Spock died in Star Trek 2/Khan. Its not sci fi----Spock is one of the best characters/"friends" any person could ever have, and when he died saving the ship and told Kirk--" I am, and always have been, your friend". I cried---and for the record--at least 80% of the theater was crying too.
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Waiting to Exhale ...

when Angela Bassett's character goes through her husbands things just get rid of them after finding out he's leaving her.

She rants like nothing else! It brings me to tears every single time. "your the mother f-ing bad influence!" ... I LOVE her!!
  • MissJenn33
    Options
    This may be a bit obscure but...

Losing Isaiah

When the social worker pulls the baby out of his Adoptive Moms arms to be taken back to the drug addicted Birth Mom. I bawled my heart out.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Titanic - when the old people are on the bed
    Bicentennial Man - When he gets human status but he dies and Portia orders Galatea to turn her off
    Click - when he is rewinding to say goodbye to his dad
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Marley & Me, the whole movie :laugh:

^^THIS^^

Last 5 minutes were the worst. The ENTIRE theater was bawling.

I started crying before anything bad even happened because I knew how it was going to end!

OMG - I hadn't seen any ads for it or read the books. I thought it was supposed to be a happy movie and then wammo! Boy did I sob. My dog was getting ready to pass when I watched it.