Best tear jerker scene

Options

Replies

• lyndsei
    lyndsei Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The most resent one i have to say would be Warhorse!!! - pretty much the entire move had me on the edge of tears, if not balling!! Great movie. Not a dry eye in the theatre :(
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Step-mom

Ghost
    My Sisters keeper

Stepmom for sure! Scene where Susan Sarandon says she's afraid her daughter won't miss her on her wedding day and Julia Roberts says she's afraid that she will... tear jerker!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Another animal one, this is bad. I'm a crier. When Charlotte dies in Charlotes Web...
    YES! That and the farewell scene with Fern and Wilbur.
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    When Dumbo is outside Mrs. Jumbo's cage...gets me every.damn.time. The rocking, the lullaby, the tears...

tytla2.jpg

Oh yes, I forgot why I don't watch that movie anymore. Even that picture is making me sad :sad:
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    When Frodo turns and tells Sam he's leaving. Everything before then brings me closer and closer and then Frodo gets on the boat? :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • mama1229
    Options
    Terms of Endearment - when the boys go to the hospital to say goodbye to their dying mom
    I have to agree with this one-VERY SAD:sad:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    When Dumbo is outside Mrs. Jumbo's cage...gets me every.damn.time. The rocking, the lullaby, the tears...

tytla2.jpg

Oh God! I'm going to cry just thinking about it......
  • laurenkoszola
    laurenkoszola Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    OMG, I'm such a cry baby too when I think of all the movies that make me cry!

Here are a few:

Titanic
    My Sister's Keeper
    Steel Magnolia's
    Beauty and the Beast
    Charlie St. Cloud
    Dear John
    Toy Story 2 & 3
    Definitely the Notebook.....and many more I can't think of right now!
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    3 movies in life have made me cry.

1. When I was a kid and saw Kramer vs Kramer.....when he lost custody was really sad.

2 The original Champ w Schroeder and Voight
    cried and cried.

3. And the one I get the laughs from: when Spock died in Star Trek 2/Khan. Its not sci fi----Spock is one of the best characters/"friends" any person could ever have, and when he died saving the ship and told Kirk--" I am, and always have been, your friend". I cried---and for the record--at least 80% of the theater was crying too.

Was going to say 'The Champ" too! Just got to watch Kramer vs Kramer again the other night. Great movies, brilliant acting!
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The movie Courageous is a tear jerker....
    What an inspiring movie. After the loss of his daughter, the dad at the bank where she had last asked him to dance with her. Getting misty-eyed at the thought of it again right now.

Frequency- when John is talking to his father Frank on the ham radio and says, "I love you, Dad."
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Lots of these have been mentioned already, but here are mine:

Steel Magnolias
    City of Angels
    Beaches - especially the beach scene towards the end
    All Dogs Go To Heaven :)
    Love, Actually
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    50/50 when Joseph Gordon-Levitt goes crazy in the car. I almost lost my *kitten*. Tears definitely welled.

And since I saw someone mention Toy Story 3, the scene where they think they're all going to die in the fire & hold hands.

tumblr_lrxyvcFf6v1ql2603o1_500.jpg
  • poizonivey
    poizonivey Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    50/50 when Joseph Gordon-Levitt goes crazy in the car. I almost lost my *kitten*. Tears definitely welled.

The part that really got me in that movie was right before the wheel him away for surgery, where he is hugging his mom and crying on her shoulder...as a mom...I was balling!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options

I cried like a baby when I saw this movie last week.
  • MissJenn33
    Options
    Life is Beautiful when you realize the father is going to die to save his son.

Oh...and Yes, I'm SO going here....

In breaking Dawn when Bella is dying and Edward is trying to bring her back. "Bella come back to me Baby please!" Holy crap I lost it.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    E.T - The Extra Terrestrial - when he is going back to his space-ship and Elliot wants him to "Stay"............:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Gets me everytime I watch it!
  • SkinnyShadow
    SkinnyShadow Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When Rose lets go of Jack's hand in Titanic. Sigh. Gets me every time.

..totally...
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    SPOILER ALERT>>>>>>
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Just saw Act Of Valour....when the main guy jumps on the grenade to save his friends even though he has a baby on the way!
    I just BALLED....like UGLY cried!
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    1. City of Angels - when she is laying on the ground and talking to him before the angel came to take her AND when he tells his friend that he would have rathered touch one hair on her head (just ONE) than to live a lifetime without it. Heartbreaking!

2. Titanic - when they film the bodies floating on the water and they pan to a mother holding her infant daughter (I was 8 months pregnant with my oldest when I saw this movie).

3. The Notebook - The end!

4. Courageous - when he goes back to dance with his daughter....I was hysterical!!

5. The Tigger Movie - when my daughter was about 3 she watched this a bawled her eyes out because "Tigger doesn't have any family". I tear up just thinking about her reaction

6. Rudy - my son LOVES this movie.
  • SkinnyShadow
    SkinnyShadow Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When Littlefoot's mother can't get up.... (The Land before Time)
    (omg, I'm such a suck)