Best tear jerker scene

Options

Replies

• DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options

In breaking Dawn when Bella is dying and Edward is trying to bring her back. "Bella come back to me Baby please!" Holy crap I lost it.

That didn't make me cry. What DID make me cry was when Jacob thought Bella was dead and went outside. He's crouched down in the yard balling his eyes out. That was way more powerful to me.
  • SkinnyShadow
    SkinnyShadow Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When Dumbo is outside Mrs. Jumbo's cage...gets me every.damn.time. The rocking, the lullaby, the tears...

tytla2.jpg

Oh God! I'm going to cry just thinking about it......

lol, yeah, that one for me too :p
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I also cry at many of the scenes already mentioned. Here's a new one, not yet mentioned:

At the end of Disney's "Beauty & the Beast" when The Beast transforms into a handsome prince and Belle looks into his eyes because it's not the looks that matter to her but what is inside, and she doesn't kiss him until she sees inside him and realizes that it's him. Gets me every dang time.

Oh, and many scenes in "Seabiscuit", too many to single out. And when, in "Secretariat", the amazing win in the last race, tears of awe.

I could go on. I guess I'm more of a cry-baby at moves than I thought!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    little mermaid--ariel goes with eric on his boat in the ending scene and says goodbye to king triton as the music swells and sebastian cries.

NO JOKE. EVERY TIME.
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My idea of a tear jerker may be a wee bit different...

Angel: Episode 8: I Will Remember You: When Angel is human for 24 hours and Buffy says, "I felt your heart beat" Before forgetting
    Doctor Who: Turn Left: When Donna realizes that is she who must die in this alternate time line to save the Doctor.
    Joy Luck Club: Whole Movie
    LOTR: Return of the King: When Samwise Gamgee carries Frodo when he can't carry the ring. (get's me every time)
    Aladdin (Disney): When Aladdin uses his last wish to free the Genie (can't help but to laugh and cry...nearly chocked)
    Scrubs: Season 3 Episode 14: Dr. Cox is coping with Ben's death.
    Scrubs: "My Finale" When JD see's his future on the banner played out with Peter Gabriel's 'The Book of Love' playing. So sweet
    M*A*S*H*: final episode and BJ says goodbye to Hawkeye.
    Doctor Who: Vincent & the Doctor: When Amy walks through the Van Gogh exhibit to find a painting.
    Glee: Grilled Cheesus: When Kurt sings the Beatles, " I wanna hold your hand" as a love song to his father.
    Hook: Scene: Peter is back in Neverland as an Adult, but no one recoginizes him until the littlest lost boy finally finds Peter's smile
    underneath the adult face
    Forrest Gum: Whole Movie

At this point, it's just too many to mention. I need a klennex now, thank you.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    My Sister's Keeper - Pretty much the entire movie makes me cry!
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    50/50 when Joseph Gordon-Levitt goes crazy in the car. I almost lost my *kitten*. Tears definitely welled.

The part that really got me in that movie was right before the wheel him away for surgery, where he is hugging his mom and crying on her shoulder...as a mom...I was balling!

Oh god, that too! Basically if I see a man cry in a movie, I cry.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    As for TV shows...

Ally McBeal...when Billy dies
    Ugly Betty...when Hilda spends the day with an imaginary Santos
    Golden Girls...when Blanche has the dream that George never really died
    Sisters...when Falconer dies, and Teddy goes blind
  • MissJenn33
    Options

In breaking Dawn when Bella is dying and Edward is trying to bring her back. "Bella come back to me Baby please!" Holy crap I lost it.

That didn't make me cry. What DID make me cry was when Jacob thought Bella was dead and went outside. He's crouched down in the yard balling his eyes out. That was way more powerful to me.

Oh Jake had me going too!!! That whole scene was well done. I LOOOOVED Jacob in Breaking Dawn more than the others. But lets not get all Twilight in here. LOL
  • BMMack
    BMMack Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awakenings-- When Robin Williams is watching the film of DeNiro's lucid days
    Not a movie, but Band of Brothers-- last episode when Winters is recounting what happened to all the members of the company after the war.
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Most sad dog scenes usually destroy me, so I avoid them.

One tear jerker scene that always got to me was an episode of Fresh Prince. Will's dad leaves his life for the final time, that scene with him and Uncle Phil was very emotional.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    My Girl - When Veda is looking over Thomas Jay's dead body and says, "He can't see without his glasses!!!"

Abso-freaking-lutely. :cry:
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    My Girl - When Veda is looking over Thomas Jay's dead body and says, "He can't see without his glasses!!!"

'cuse me...I have something in my eye.

^^^^this, just thinking about this scene makes me tear up
  • holzjw1482
    holzjw1482 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Field of Dreams when Ray Kinsella (Kevin Costner) says "Hey dad, wanna have a catch?" I've watched it dozens of times and it tears me up every time.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    One tear jerker scene that always got to me was an episode of Fresh Prince. Will's dad leaves his life for the final time, that scene with him and Uncle Phil was very emotional.

I was late for work watching this episode a couple weeks ago.

Uncle Phil: “Will, it’s alright to be angry.”

Will: “Hey, why should I be mad? I’m saying, at least he said goodbye this time. I just wish I hadn’t wasted my money buying this stupid present.”

Uncle Phil: “I’m sorry, I, you know, if there was… something that I could do–”

Will: “Hey, you know what? You ain’t got to do nothing, Uncle Phil. Hey, you know? Ain’t like I’m still five-years old, you know? Ain’t like I’m going to be sitting up every night asking my Mom, ‘When’s Daddy coming home?’ You know? Who needs him? Hey, he wasn’t there to teach me how to shoot my first basket, but I learned, didn’t I? Hey I got pretty damned good at it too, didn’t I Uncle Phil?”

Uncle Phil: “Yeah, you did.”

Will: “Got through my first date without him, right? I learned how to drive, I learned how to shave, I learned how to fight without him. I had FOURTEEN great birthdays without him! He never even sent me a damn card–TO HELL WITH HIM!”

[Pause]

Will: “I didn’t need him them and I don’t need him now.”

Uncle Phil: “Will…”

Will: “Nah, you know what Uncle Phil? I’m gonna get through college without him. I’m gonna get a great job without him. I’m gonna marry me a beautiful honey, and I’m having me a whole bunch of kids, I’m gonna be a better father than he ever was, and I sure as hell don’t need him for that, ’cause there ain’t a damn thing he could ever teach me about how to love my kids!”

[Pause]

Will: “How come he don’t want me, man?”
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Lonesome Dove- When the reporter wants to interview Call and he says no. The reporter tells him that people think he's a man of vision. Call remembers all the friends he buried and says, 'Yeah, hell of a vision!" :sad:

Big Fish- When the Dad is dying and he wants his son to tell him how it's going to happen and the son finally "gets" it and makes up an extravagant tale of how he dies. When he goes to his Dad's funeral and all the charators that his Dad had told him stories about showed up and his son realized they weren't Big Fish stories after all. :sad:

Great! Now I'm sitting crying! Such a boo-bag! LOL!
  • xo_morgan
    Options
    Rise of the planet of the apes when Caesar speaks and says he is home :'(\
    & when they have to put down all the chimps :(
    basically that whole movie makes me cry!
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

'cuse me...I have something in my eye.

Me too...this one ALWAYS get me
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My idea of a tear jerker may be a wee bit different...

Angel: Episode 8: I Will Remember You: When Angel is human for 24 hours and Buffy says, "I felt your heart beat" Before forgetting

Yes!!!! I was never a big Bangel fan (more of a Spuffy gal) but this is so sad because it happened yet she can't remember.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    8 Seconds..One of my all time favorites that makes me choke up ever time!

For a minute I was thinking of the movie 8 Mile and was trying to figure out which scene was the tearjerker. :laugh: