Best tear jerker scene

Options

Replies

• improve2012
    improve2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    A Walk to Beautiful. Lost Boys of Sudan. Born into Brothels. Pretty much any documentary made about people in 3rd world countries. There are a few inspirational ones but most are tragic and get me every time.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    For me, a home health aide for the elderly, and a girl who fell in love with her hubby at the age of 17, the scene in The Notebook when older Noah and Ally are dancing and she remembers everything for a moment, and then forgets it all again. I lose it every time! :sad:

And when he starts crying cause she doesnt know him...Oh wow...bawling!!!!!!!!!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    A League of Their Own -

When Dottie and Kit are saying their goodbyes after the World Series. Dottie is heading back to the farm and Kit stays to play more ball. It must be a 'sister' thing cuz it makes me cry. lol
    What gets me in that movie is the telegram scene.

YES!!! That scene too. Good grief!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    OMG...there are seriously SO many movies that make me tear up.

However, in the movie Philadelphia where they play the Opera music for a long time...that makes me weep like a baby. It is just the music really that affects me so much.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    omg in Big Daddy when they are taking Frankenstein away from Adam Sandler and he starts saying all of these lil kid things he thinks he did to be taken away.. heart wrenching

Julian: Please don't make me go. I won't play the Kangaroo Song anymore.
    Sonny: I know buddy, that's not it.
    Julian: Please, I promise! I'm sorry, I don't even like that song anymore! And I wipe my own *kitten*! I wipe my own *kitten*!

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Braveheart
    The Patriot
    Rudy
    The Family Stone
  • SeanIsMyHomeboy
    SeanIsMyHomeboy Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    When Littlefoot's mom dies in the Land Before Time...
  • andybean02
    Options
    Click: When he finds out his dad had died and he goes back to the last time he saw him.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    My Girl - When Veda is looking over Thomas Jay's dead body and says, "He can't see without his glasses!!!"

'cuse me...I have something in my eye.

^^^ THIS
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Any film where an animal dies *welling up thinking about them* - as a kid I howled when Lassie was holding up a hurt paw. I can cry just listening to the tune Born Free....

And for info, I have never watched Marley & Me - having lost our beloved Labrador Sam a short time before it was released I get watery eyes even thinking about watching it...

4558573.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

We lost our Lab, Chubby, over 10 years ago and Marley & Me still made me think of her and sob to the point that I couldn't breathe.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    For me, a home health aide for the elderly, and a girl who fell in love with her hubby at the age of 17, the scene in The Notebook when older Noah and Ally are dancing and she remembers everything for a moment, and then forgets it all again. I lose it every time! :sad:

BIG DITTO

Along with Snoopy Come Home, When Snoopy is out all scared and cold and Charlie B is all upset and missing him.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Click: When he finds out his dad had died and he goes back to the last time he saw him.

That's the part I meant lol, seen that about 20 times now and that scene still makes me sob my heart out :cry:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    8 Seconds..One of my all time favorites that makes me choke up ever time!

This movie gets to me every single time.

Also, "Mars Needs Mom's' made me cry. When he thought he lost his mom towards the end.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Another animal one, this is bad. I'm a crier. When Charlotte dies in Charlotes Web...
  • DeathIsMyGift
    Options
    Fried Green Tomatoes -

When Ruth is about to die and she asks Idgie to tell her the story about the ducks. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    In a book: The Unbearable Lightness of Being, when they put Karenin, the dog, down. Took me almost two hours to read a page and a half, because I was crying so hard I couldn't see the page!

In a movie (not the best, but the biggest for me): Saving Private Ryan. I had just found out the day before that I was pregnant, and I sobbed through the entire thing, start to finish.

Honorable Mention: Black Beauty. At the end, when he sees that Ginger has died. My daughters and I were all crying at the end, and my husband just looked at us, shook his head, and went back to the bedroom.
  • JCGilbert
    Options
    I know it's a comedy, but "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" when Steve Martin realizes that John Candy has no where to go and races back to find him! Or even the scene w/ the old man/neighbor reuniting w/ his family for Christmas in "Home Alone." John Hughes was a genius film maker to be able to swing the emotional pendulum.
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Toy Story 3 - the end when Andy is giving his toys to Bonnie! Gets me everytime, like now just thinking about it. I grew up on these movies and I loved all of them!
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Steel Magnolias - when Sally Field is at the funeral of her daughter and is saying she wants to know "WHY?!"

This hands down! I cry like a baby at this part every time.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    Options
    Toy Story 3 - the end when Andy is giving his toys to Bonnie! Gets me everytime, like now just thinking about it. I grew up on these movies and I loved all of them!

omgosh THIS!
    I was surprised at myself for the tears I shed at this part of the movie LOL