Best tear jerker scene

Options

Replies

• LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    The Green Mile: When they are executing John Coffey and all the guard are crying. Gets me EVERYTIME!

^Was going to say this one too!

Yes!
  • butjuli
    butjuli Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When all the pets return in Homeward Bound...except for Shadow...luckily he comes, too, but it makes you think he's gone! Yes, I know that movie is like, 20 years old and a kids movie, but it gets me every time!
    [/quote

I haven't seen this forever, but agree the times I have seen it I have cried every time you see Shadow come over that hill :)

I literally just teared up thinking about this....I'm pathetic lol
  • szyja
    szyja Posts: 42
    Options
    Pay it Forward and Hachi - A Dog's Tale. Hachi had me and my husband SO heartbroken that when we watched Save the Last Dance (by no means a tear jerker) we were both crying again at the end of it! Hands down...Hachi first, Pay it Forward second!!!

Sniffle...I have to go now...sob...
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Transformers 1. When Bumblebee asks to stay with the boy (Sam). Gets me every time!
  • fj211
    fj211 Posts: 95
    Options
    The part of "The Pianist" where Szpilman is discovered by the Nazi Captain and forced to play. So many emotions in that scene and no better piece then Chopin's Ballade to portray anger , sadness, defeat, and yes , maybe even the smallest hint of hope. It still blows me away.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Or - when Buffy has to kill Angel. It gets me every time.

I was going to say something from Buffy but thought this was "movies only".
    Yeah, her killing Angel was tough but the thing that ALWAYS makes me cry is in Season 7 when Willow tells Kennedy, "YOU DON'T GET TO SAY HER NAME!", in reference to Tara. sniiiiff.
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    The movie Courageous is a tear jerker....
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    The Color Purple (a whole lot of parts!)
    The Pursuit of Happyness (need I say more?)
    Steel Magnolias (yes the graveyard scene)
    Sex & the City Movie 1 (when Carrie went off on Big for standing her up!)
    Platoon (I think I cried the entire movie)
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Oh and Saving Private Ryan : when the medic is dying and crying for his momma. *tear*
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I am a huge movie crybaby.

Most recently the movie 50/50 really got to me.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Oh! Turner & Hooch when Hooch dies and Tom Hanks is all upset and trying to help him :embarassed:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    When Dumbo is outside Mrs. Jumbo's cage...gets me every.damn.time. The rocking, the lullaby, the tears...

tytla2.jpg
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Anne of Green Gables: When Matthew dies in Anne's arms and his last words are, "I never wanted a boy. I'm so proud of my little girl." :cry: :brokenheart: :sad: I've probably watched this movie AT LEAST 25-30 times and it still gets me every time.

Hachi: A Dog's Tale: Pretty much the entire movie, but particularly toward the end when they show him as an old dog and he's still coming to the same spot outside the train station to wait for his master (Richard Gere).... :sad:

There are others too, but these are the two that came immediately to mind.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    When all the pets return in Homeward Bound...except for Shadow...luckily he comes, too, but it makes you think he's gone! Yes, I know that movie is like, 20 years old and a kids movie, but it gets me every time!

I agree with a lot of the others listed here, but this one especially!! Gets me everytime! :sad:
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    50/50 tore me up bad. Especially after losing my best friends mom to cancer.
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The Color Purple (a whole lot of parts!)
    The Pursuit of Happyness (need I say more?)
    Steel Magnolias (yes the graveyard scene)
    Sex & the City Movie 1 (when Carrie went off on Big for standing her up!)

Oh my goodness, I LOST it when Big stands Carrie up... I bawled like a 2 year old!
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    When Winnie the Pooh is stuck in the door of rabbit's house and Christopher Robin tells him he'll probably be stuck for a week and he asks about meals and Christopher Robin says "I'm afraid no meals because of getting thin quicker. But we will read to you." an then a tear rolls down as Pooh says: "Then would you read a Sustaining Book, such as would help and comfort a Wedged Bear in Great Tightness?"

OMG I'm welling up now...I'm such a baby!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Scene where Luke's mother visits in "Cool Hand Luke". Makes me lose it like crazy :(
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2---

When Snape dies, of course the book was better (shocker) but knowing all of the details from within the book and watching that scene play out....yeah....tears.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    The Notebook kills me every time!

yes!!!! :sad: