Swine Flu

Options

Replies

• HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I agree czewwhat.

When posting something you are going to get many different responses.
    Brace yourself b/c you may not like what everyone has to say.

Solution to that problem:
    Don't post!

~Jo :flowerforyou:

Anyone got a Xanax my mood is edgy Im still trying to be nice
    trying to be nice to me? :huh:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I agree czewwhat.

Don't post!

nooooo to the rediculous level this little spat went with the poor gal who quit:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

• HealthierMamasita
    Options
    I agree czewwhat.

Don't post!

nooooo to the rediculous level this little spat went with the poor gal who quit:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

oh :wink:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    I officially give everyone the right to their opinion, this place keeps me from eating, I love you guys (she says with martini in hand) no olive, thanks to dave for the calorie saving tip:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Roxy34
    Roxy34 Posts: 146
    Options
    Okay, well...this thread is null 'n void now anyway. It is no longer called the "swine flu". They are attempting to be politically correct and its now being called the H1N1 influenza A virus. TOO LATE! No take backs!! Its easier to say and remember anyway :laugh:

Latest developments:

-The World Health Organization says it will stop using the term "swine flu" to avoid confusion over the danger posed by pigs. It will instead refer to the virus by its scientific name, "H1N1 influenza A."

-The WHO increases its tally of confirmed swine flu cases around the world to 257 from 148. Says there's no epidemiological reason on Thursday to consider raising global pandemic alert to highest level, Phase 6.

-The U.S. administration comes out against closing the U.S.-Mexico border. Vice-President Joe Biden says it would be "a monumental undertaking" with limited benefit.

-Public health emergency declared in the United States and roughly 12 million doses of Tamiflu from federal stockpile to be delivered to states.

-Several hundred schools closed in the United States: at least 200 in Texas and 62 in Alabama, plus scattered closings in New York, California, South Carolina, Connecticut, Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Arizona, Ohio, Utah, Washington state, Michigan and Maine.

-Two leading U.S. makers of respiratory masks ramp up production to meet heavy demand from pharmacies.

-Montreal-based Transat AT recalls employees and customers in Mexico and postpones further flights there until June; Sunwing Vacations postpones departures for Mexico until May 29; Sunquest cancels tours in Mexico until June 4.

Symptoms: Fever, lethargy, lack of appetite and coughing; some report runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

Transmission: Believed to occur through coughing or sneezing, or touching contaminated surfaces before touching mouth or nose.

Misconceptions: The biggest is the role of pork - the CDC says people cannot get the flu by eating pork or pork products.

Advice: Health officials urge those with flu-like symptoms to avoid work or school, wash hands, cough into sleeves and get medical attention.

Quote: "A parent whose child's school is closed out of a precaution or because there's been a confirmed case of flu should not take the child then to a day care centre. They're going to have to take them home." - U.S. Vice-President Joe Biden.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    What I'm just trying to say is this could swing either way. It could fizzle out and die which I'm hoping it will do but I can't dismiss the real possibility of it turning into something that could end up wiping out a percentage of the worlds population.

I'm not saying that everyone is going to die, just that the death rates will be higher then your regular flu season and looking at histories past this is a very real possibility.

The very real possibility is there and not to be dismissed or gauked at so readily, why tempt fait?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    What I'm just trying to say is this could swing either way. It could fizzle out and die which I'm hoping it will do but I can't dismiss the real possibility of it turning into something that could end up wiping out a percentage of the worlds population.

I'm not saying that everyone is going to die, just that the death rates will be higher then your regular flu season and looking at histories past this is a very real possibility.

The very real possibility is there and not to be dismissed or gauked at so readily, why tempt fait?

ppppffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttt
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Well, since I have been told quite often that all men are pigs, I figure I have a pretty good chance of getting it. So, I am going to live life as I normally do. :bigsmile:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    at least this is valid information, thank you for the hard work and research it took. I'm still not running around in circles thinking I should set my hair on fire or anything dramatic. I have lived through West Nile Virus! I am a survivor!

Yep it sounds like the Flu alright!
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it

You have yours I have mine whatever
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    the point, in my opinion is:

1) if you post something stating an opinion be prepared for others to state their opinions
    2) if you are offended by ANYTHING posted, the proper way to handle it is by reporting the post to Mike and then ignoring it
    3) nobody else MAKES anyone quit. If you decide to quit for any reason that'd your call, it can't be blamed on something you read on a message board.

That is all I have to say about that.

the end. :flowerforyou:

would you quit telling people to report things!!!

geeesh...

I am kidding but reporting everything that you disagree with is not fair to MIke
    why should he be bored with all this childish crap

Agreed. Suck it up, people-- living life without being offended is NOT a civil right.

No but it is ABSOLUTELY a civil right to stand up and SPEAK when one IS offended. Is it not? :bigsmile:
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm not a conspiracy nut, but I'm really starting to to think this is the excuse for increased border control. Seems like there are way worse things to be afraid of. I'm a history major, and I've done a lot of work on previous epidemics and media sensationalizing propaganda. Our sanitation systems are better, our defences are better. And truthfully a true pandemic that we have to worry about won't be avoided by hand washing. Being fearful won't help anybody.
  • czewwhat
    Options

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it

You have yours I have mine whatever

Stress can reduce the effectiveness of your immune system, just be cautious, don't stress.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm not a conspiracy nut, but I'm really starting to to think this is the excuse for increased border control. Seems like there are way worse things to be afraid of. I'm a history major, and I've done a lot of work on previous epidemics and media sensationalizing propaganda. Our sanitation systems are better, our defences are better. And truthfully a true pandemic that we have to worry about won't be avoided by hand washing. Being fearful won't help anybody.

I think we're absolutely due for a pandemic. There's no way we can wipe out diseases, just none. And the fact that we're constantly creating vaccines means bigger, better viruses are building up as we speak.

I'm not scared. Just like I KNOW there's going to be another world war eventually, I KNOW there's going to be a pandemic. But I think being scared won't serve any real purpose. Being AWARE and keeping my ears and eyes open might serve to help me though. :smile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

1) if you post something stating an opinion be prepared for others to state their opinions
    2) if you are offended by ANYTHING posted, the proper way to handle it is by reporting the post to Mike and then ignoring it
    3) nobody else MAKES anyone quit. If you decide to quit for any reason that'd your call, it can't be blamed on something you read on a message board.

geeesh...

I am kidding but reporting everything that you disagree with is not fair to MIke

Agreed. Suck it up, people-- living life without being offended is NOT a civil right.

No but it is ABSOLUTELY a civil right to stand up and SPEAK when one IS offended. Is it not? :bigsmile:

Absolutely-- and then be prepared to duck. :laugh:
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options

geeesh...

[img src=http://xee.xanga.com/4f48010529730216940772/s117994999.gif]Someone will have to show the net illiterate how to post images :sad:[/img]
  • czewwhat
    Options

What does "ppppffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttt" mean? do I detect flatulence ?
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options

geeesh...

s117994999.gif

Someone will have to show the net illiterate how to post images :sad:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

I think we're absolutely due for a pandemic. There's no way we can wipe out diseases, just none. And the fact that we're constantly creating vaccines means bigger, better viruses are building up as we speak.

I'm not scared. Just like I KNOW there's going to be another world war eventually, I KNOW there's going to be a pandemic. But I think being scared won't serve any real purpose. Being AWARE and keeping my ears and eyes open might serve to help me though. :smile:

Stephen King made millions with stories like that
  • czewwhat
    Options

geeesh...

s117994999.gif

Someone will have to show the net illiterate how to post images :sad:

That is definately a duck! good job JAPS4 :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: