Swine Flu

Options

Replies

• czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Well this strain showed up in Mexico! and we know who lives there all those Mexicans! The propaganda they want us to swallow is to give homeland security the permission to up the border patrol expenditures and cause a fear of all those Mexicans who cross the borders, Oh noooooo!
    When are we all going to get it, when I was a kid we had Bomb drills at school so we could be ready for the Russians! We live on one planet, we have never done a great job protecting those Borders and we will make it through this "Crisis"! So wash your hands and live your life.

Just so I don't get attacked by anyone who might misunderstand my comments, I don't have any problem with any ethnic group of people, my family looks like the united nations, we are all just different shades of brown. since I have never met anyone who is the color of typing paper I feel this is true.

My friend is an immigrant from Mexico, she has been on a list from INS for 13 years, and is still waiting for them to call up her number to get a green card! They tell her it should only be 2 more years, now that is the real problem with this situation. Even with proper applications, government fees of thousands of dollars etc. she has to wait 15 years, and still can't work legally.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    pop tarts have been known to cause insanity

its on the web

dont you doubt it
  • czewwhat
    Options

its on the web

dont you doubt it

I heard it was chocolate that did it, many claim to be chocoholics, isn't that a type of insanity?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    This may be a stupid question but here goes....

does Lysol or bleach kill the virus?
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

only if you bathe in both

proceed
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

its on the web

dont you doubt it
    Just add cool whip - right?!
  • czewwhat
    Options

No, but it might kill you, try a product called Solugard from melaleuca, it is organic, non toxic to humans and their pets and smells good too.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have to tell you that some of the disrespectful remarks made within this thread were truly disappointing.

It's not impossible to debate an issue, or disagree with an issue without making fun of people who are 'falling' for the propaganda but you guys... you really haven't managed to do that.

You say you're just having fun, but you're doing so at the expense of others.

Good job.

As to the swine flu. I should say if your schools are being closed down that is reason for concern. Regardless if it's a 'real' threat or not the fact that it's interrupting people's daily lives is distressing.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Just giving my two cents...

Some people on here are focusing on history...and sure they say "history repeats itself"...but do we have to let it?

There are so many advances in the medical field now...back in the 1900's there was hardly anything they could do for the people.

I do think that the media is trying to scare everybody because that is all that they are reporting.

I also think that people should be cautious and do wash their hands...but try not to panic! I know I think about it and it makes me not to want to go out because what if I see somebody coughing? They could just have a cold...

And I guess I can't carry a lysol bottle around with me :frown: haha
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I have to tell you that some of the disrespectful remarks made within this thread were truly disappointing.

It's not impossible to debate an issue, or disagree with an issue without making fun of people who are 'falling' for the propaganda but you guys... you really haven't managed to do that.

Good job.

As to the swine flu. I should say if your schools are being closed down that is reason for concern. Regardless if it's a 'real' threat or not the fact that it's interrupting people's daily lives is distressing.

it is interrupting peoples lives because they are buying into the media blitz and not having a sense of humor
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

Good job.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. I don't think any members or their views were insulted in this thread. Some views were questioned, including my own. I'm ok with that, right to free speech and all that good stuff, right? If you're referring to the kool aid comment that's been cleared up. It was actually an appropriate remark and it makes sense in it's current context. Everyone gets an opinion, if you don't want your opinion to be questioned, it is best to keep it to yourself- otherwise... you have to deal with the fact that not everyone will agree with you. But as for users being insulting... I honestly don't see that going on in this thread.
  • czewwhat
    Options

Some people on here are focusing on history...and sure they say "history repeats itself"...but do we have to let it?

There are so many advances in the medical field now...back in the 1900's there was hardly anything they could do for the people.

I do think that the media is trying to scare everybody because that is all that they are reporting.

I also think that people should be cautious and do wash their hands...but try not to panic! I know I think about it and it makes me not to want to go out because what if I see somebody coughing? They could just have a cold...

Well focusing on history a bit, in 1918 the spanish flu epidemic that killed so many was during a time when, people routinely bathed once a week, if you were rich the poor sometimes 4 times a year, we carried a handkerchief around in our pocket to store all the mucus we spit out and then took it home to our wife who had to wash it by hand on a wash board with soap made out of bacon grease and lye! We have grown a bit in our sanitary conditions since then. people with severe respiratory situations or seniors who are in poor health seem to be the ones really at risk. If the planet is going to kill us all we can't do a darn thing about it anyway.
  • nickybr38
    Options

Good job.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. I don't think any members or their views were insulted in this thread. Some views were questioned, including my own. I'm ok with that, right to free speech and all that good stuff, right? If you're referring to the kool aid comment that's been cleared up. It was actually an appropriate remark and it makes sense in it's current context. Everyone gets an opinion, if you don't want your opinion to be questioned, it is best to keep it to yourself- otherwise... you have to deal with the fact that not everyone will agree with you. But as for users being insulting... I honestly don't see that going on in this thread.

I was not referring to the Kool-aid comment and really if you don't see where the disrespect is coming in nothing I say will make you see. I'm just saying that in my opinion many of the responses to the original poster were downright rude, and not at all friendly in nature.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Good job.

I was not referring to the Kool-aid comment and really if you don't see where the disrespect is coming in nothing I say will make you see. I'm just saying that in my opinion many of the responses to the original poster were downright rude, and not at all friendly in nature.

your profile says your approach to life is to laugh at everything
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

Good job.

haha oh Dave, you are on thin ice mister!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    No, but it might kill you, try a product called Solugard from melaleuca, it is organic, non toxic to humans and their pets and smells good too.

Shooo! I think it STINKS! But it's all natural, doesn't kick up my asthma or my little brother's, and doesn't harm my kiddo. We use it.
  • Roxy34
    Roxy34 Posts: 146
    Options

Good job.

EXACTLY! I find ppls opinions interesting. Everybody is entitled to them. I take them with a grain of salt. Noted. Even if I don't agree! It all depends on a person's sensitivity to the issue at hand. Makes conversation more interesting, thats all. Doesn't mean you have to change your opinion or that anybody can take your opinion away. Its all good! :smile:
  • nickybr38
    Options

Good job.

I am also extremely protective. :) I don't laugh when people make fun of other people. I know the difference between laughing with people and laughing at and I don't laugh at.

You stalking me sir?
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

Well focusing on history a bit, in 1918 the spanish flu epidemic that killed so many was during a time when, people routinely bathed once a week, if you were rich the poor sometimes 4 times a year, we carried a handkerchief around in our pocket to store all the mucus we spit out and then took it home to our wife who had to wash it by hand on a wash board with soap made out of bacon grease and lye! We have grown a bit in our sanitary conditions since then. people with severe respiratory situations or seniors who are in poor health seem to be the ones really at risk. If the planet is going to kill us all we can't do a darn thing about it anyway.

Eek, I remember that from history in school.

The last sentence reminds me of a movie "The Happening"...see it?

Has Mark Wahlberg in it :love:
  • amanda11475
    amanda11475 Posts: 599
    Options
    Important Flu Warning from the CDC

DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!

pig-kisserwegweg.jpg