Swine Flu

Options

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I dont think anyone was making fun of HER...and I dont think anyone wanted to chase her away

it was the TOPIC that was being addressed
    not the poster of the topic

You don't "think" anyone was... but it's obvious she felt differently.

It is not in our power to predict how everyone will react to a small thing. It is only within our power to see that we do not deliberately cause harm or insult to others. ANYTHING I say could potentially offend someone. She was not required to keep reading this post if she was offended. that's why Mike has the "report post" feature. I'm sorry you feel people were being cruel but clearly others do not feel that way. Like I said before, everyone gets an opinion.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    It is not in our power to predict how everyone will react to a small thing. It is only within our power to see that we do not deliberately cause harm or insult to others. ANYTHING I say could potentially offend someone. She was not required to keep reading this post if she was offended. that's why Mike has the "report post" feature. I'm sorry you feel people were being cruel but clearly others do not feel that way. Like I said before, everyone gets an opinion.

That's rather hypocritical. If you didn't like what she said you could have easily left her thread alone as well. It works both ways.

Everyone gets an opinion, I just wish some people would learn to be a bit gentler in sharing it. Not everyone has a strong personality.
  • kerrilucko
    Options

That's rather hypocritical. If you didn't like what she said you could have easily left her thread alone as well. It works both ways.

Everyone gets an opinion, I just wish some people would learn to be a bit gentler in sharing it. Not everyone has a strong personality.

how is it hypocritical? I think you have a different definition of the word than I do. I wasn't offended by anything she said, or anything anyone else said. If I HAD BEEN, I would have reported the post and moved on.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Breaking News--

This just in-- the first photographed case of swine flu--

pig_hat.jpg

:wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • nickybr38
    Options

how is it hypocritical? I think you have a different definition of the word than I do. I wasn't offended by anything she said, or anything anyone else said. If I HAD BEEN, I would have reported the post and moved on.

I don't think it's wise to continue this discussion here actually. I know I started it but it's getting to a point where it's completely derailing things and I feel badly for that.

If you really want to continue debating whether or not people were rude in this thread feel free to PM me but at this point I think it's best to leave the thread where it is. People can glean their own opinions now that both sides have had some kind of say.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Okay enough, maybe heather93277 was looking for a reason to quit! We did not give up on her, she gave up on the site, and quite possibly herself. Posting a thread is like asking for others opinions, so crying about it after you get an answer is a personal problem. Sorry she quit.

I am too smart to ask my husband if I look fat in a dress because he will tell me if I do or not.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Okay enough, maybe heather93277 was looking for a reason to quit! We did not give up on her, she gave up on the site, and quite possibly herself. Posting a thread is like asking for others opinions, so crying about it after you get an answer is a personal problem. Sorry she quit.

I am too smart to ask my husband if I look fat in a dress because he will tell me if I do or not.

Oh yeah-- been there, done that-- :wink:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Bless the beasts and the children

(I just wrote that song)
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I agree czewwhat.

When posting something you are going to get many different responses.
    Brace yourself b/c you may not like what everyone has to say.

Solution to that problem:
    Don't post!

~Jo :flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options

(I just wrote that song)

Did not..you don't have anything to write with. No crayons, remember?:glasses:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

(I just wrote that song)

Did not..you don't have anything to write with. No crayons, remember?:glasses:

did too
    did too

na na na
    I stole Daddy's marker from the garage
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    the point, in my opinion is:

1) if you post something stating an opinion be prepared for others to state their opinions
    2) if you are offended by ANYTHING posted, the proper way to handle it is by reporting the post to Mike and then ignoring it
    3) nobody else MAKES anyone quit. If you decide to quit for any reason that'd your call, it can't be blamed on something you read on a message board.

That is all I have to say about that.

the end. :flowerforyou:
  • czewwhat
    Options

1) if you post something stating an opinion be prepared for others to state their opinions
    2) if you are offended by ANYTHING posted, the proper way to handle it is by reporting the post to Mike and then ignoring it
    3) nobody else MAKES anyone quit. If you decide to quit for any reason that'd your call, it can't be blamed on something you read on a message board.

AMEN I'm done with this topic too!:grumble: :grumble:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I agree czewwhat.

Don't post!

Agreed.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never harm me"

I think that things are taken too much to the heart here? I usually just take it with a grain of salt... I mean for one thing, the chances of me meeting ya'll in person, probably slim to none...but I enjoying reading everyone's posts and playing games and reading advice!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

would you quit telling people to report things!!!

geeesh...

I am kidding but reporting everything that you disagree with is not fair to MIke
    why should he be bored with all this childish crap
  • czewwhat
    Options
    I agree czewwhat.

Don't post!

Anyone got a Xanax my mood is edgy Im still trying to be nice
  • nickybr38
    Options

geeesh...

I am kidding but reporting everything that you disagree with is not fair to MIke

:) I agree with this whole heartedly.
  • kerrilucko
    Options

geeesh...

That's true but I'm talking about things that you find TRULY offensive, like this user clearly did. Mike runs this website, I don't think he minds receiving report posts.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

geeesh...

Agreed. Suck it up, people-- living life without being offended is NOT a civil right.
  • czewwhat
    Options
    my sister told me I'm fat, she was right, I'm fixing that little flaw, she can't fix her ugliness!!

Love you Marla, Dave198lbs, KerriLucko

Lets celebrate with carrot curls and celery sticks dipped in Fage and onion dip!