Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The kind of people I respect...

Replies

• I agree with iddreams, you are accountable for you, and it really makes me mad when you try to lie and sneak your way out of it. (i'm meaning this towards some of my siblings)
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,079 Member
    How about people that air their 'business' in public? I've always thought it was in poor taste to drag the WORLD into your mess.

No one's airing anything. This is a thread for people to list the types of people they respect...did you miss the OP?

You know what happens when you assume. :flowerforyou:

You mean like... when you assumed that I was talking about you?

:drinker:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    How about people that air their 'business' in public? I've always thought it was in poor taste to drag the WORLD into your mess.

No one's airing anything. This is a thread for people to list the types of people they respect...did you miss the OP?

That kinda assumption takes place when you spend your time following the same person around on forums implying the same thing in each forum. Which is purly based on your own opinion since you were obviously so butthurt over something from a past forum converstaion.
    Do I have to get the ring, mud and see through bikinis?
  • QueenJayJay

That kinda assumption takes place when you spend your time following the same person around on forums implying the same thing in each forum. Which is purly based on your own opinion since you were obviously so butthurt over something from a past forum converstaion.

Let it go. :smile:
  • QueenJayJay
    My latest masterpiece:

Pine-Cone-Bird-Feeder.jpg
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 713 Member
    My latest masterpiece:

Omg! THE FRACKING PINE CONE BIRDFEEDER!!
  • QueenJayJay
    I decided to go all natural today. The glitter was just too much.

Can I get in trouble for hijacking my own thread?
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Reported
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    ones that do the right thing even if they are the only ones who do it.
  • QueenJayJay
    Reported

TOO LATE

I already reported myself.
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    are people who respect themselves
    are people who dont rush to judgement
    are people who give 100% regardless of the outcome.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    People who are kind to others. :heart:
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    People who treat everyone the same way - whether it be the janitor or the president of the company...unfortunately, in my job I see a lot of 'I'm too good for you' type of people and it always makes me sad. I treat everyone the same way I expect to be treated.
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Honesty and loyalty. Kindness is a big thing for me too!

12908857.png
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    People who do what they say they are going to do. This is one of the foremost indicators of character, or lack thereof, in my book.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    ones that do the right thing even if they are the only ones who do it.

This too. I had to watch the movie A Man for All Seasons for an ethics class when I was in college, and that has always served as an example for me of someone who was unwilling to waver from his personal beliefs about right vs. wrong, no matter what it cost him and no matter what everyone around him was doing. People who are quick to abandon their values don't really have any.
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    I respect people who choose to rise above their situations. Even if you have been dealt a crap hand in life, you CAN do something about it. I respect people who work for what they have. My husband and I work 5 jobs and go to school between the 2 of us, all while raising a 5 year old. It is not fun right now but should we just give up? live off the system? Never!! I also respect parents who choose to teach their children how to be productive members of society... I wish there were more of them!
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    My latest masterpiece:

A little high in carbs and fat for the little guys, no?
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 378 Member
    People who can apologize to me without blaming their bad behavior on me. I have an example of this:

I was on a forum one day and asked a question. This guy comes on and posted a sarcastic reply to my question. I confronted him about his reply. He said, "I'm sorry, but if you wouldn't have posted a stupid question, I wouldn't have had to be sarcastic."

See what I mean.

Also, I respect people who are authentic, true to themselves, honest, and willing to state their opinion or beliefs and then stand by them. I also respect people who are kind to animals, children, and the elderly and who recycle. I respect soldiers because they put down their lives for the rest of us. I respect policemen/women (most of them), firemen/women, and paramedics because they put themselves at risk to protect the rest of us. I respect doctors who are honest and nurses who are kind.

The worst people I know who don't get any of my respect are those who would take something that I said or posted, twist it around, and use it against me. They are lower than scum in my book.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 378 Member
    I respect people who choose to rise above their situations. Even if you have been dealt a crap hand in life, you CAN do something about it. I respect people who work for what they have. My husband and I work 5 jobs and go to school between the 2 of us, all while raising a 5 year old. It is not fun right now but should we just give up? live off the system? Never!! I also respect parents who choose to teach their children how to be productive members of society... I wish there were more of them!

**this