Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The kind of people I respect...

Replies

• myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    People who do what they say they are going to do. This is one of the foremost indicators of character, or lack thereof, in my book.

When you're right, you're right.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,079 Member
    are people who give 100% regardless of the outcome.

totally agree with this!
  • whatluckycat
    whatluckycat Posts: 52 Member
    People who do what they say they are going to do. This is one of the foremost indicators of character, or lack thereof, in my book.
    Exactly what I was going to write - couldn't agree more.
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    People who can recognize their own hypocrisy.

People who dote on one thing, and one thing only and can not move on. Those people really have sad lives and need to finda happy one.

Is this about oatmeal, because I happen to like oatmeal....
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 713 Member

People who dote on one thing, and one thing only and can not move on. Those people really have sad lives and need to finda happy one.

I love oatmeal myself =)
  • QueenJayJay

I love oatmeal myself =)

I love myself =)
  • Missspenditall
    Missspenditall Posts: 301 Member
    Honest People.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    <snip>
    I love oatmeal myself =)
    Weird urban dictionary did not have an entry for "oatmeal". Is this a new type of food pron?
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    People who don't get on Facebook & air their stupid drama expecting people to side with them. (I hope some certain family members of mine find this post) :bigsmile:
  • QueenJayJay
    Honest People.

...says the girl with no pic? :laugh: :drinker:
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    It's snowing like a mo-fo here today and a guy was out running. I respect the crap out of that guy.
  • I respect those who challenge the "norm" and question whether "cultural traditions" are actually right for them.

I respect people who give time and not presents.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    How about people that air their 'business' in public? I've always thought it was in poor taste to drag the WORLD into your mess.

This too!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    People who don't take pictures of themselves while they are driving.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    There was a time in my life when I lived on my "high horse" and judged and disrespected people who didn't do as I do, think as I think, look as I look, feel as I feel, eat as I eat, drink as I drink, speak as I speak, live as I live and frankly who didn't "dance to my tune"...and ya know what??????????

God/Life/Love taught me....

I ain't no better than anyone else (nor any worse for that matter :wink: ) and 9 times outta 10, the very thing I'm judging/disrespecting/hating on someone else I myself am guilty of the EXACT same thing(s) and if not exactly guilty of "doing" said disrespectful, evil, yuck type of things I perhaps have thought about doing/saying/being what I'm all outta wack about or at the VERY least capable of doing/being/behaving the way these folks are myself...for sure!

So, the kind of people I respect are people in general. If they are "different" than me, operate differently, think differently and we don't "mesh" I just forgive them, wish them well, pray for them and leave them all the way alone/move on to bigger and better people, places and things. It's weird...operating this way I find actually changes ME and then by The Grace of God...I see these people change too--sometimes, not all the time, certainly not most of the time--but frankly that's none of my business. I'm far too busy trying to "do this thing called LIFE" myself and if I were even a wee bit perfect, I could complain, disresprect, hate-on (no matter how "justified" the disrespect), it's just too time, love, life sapping for me about some mess someone is doing or being or saying.

Nothing hurts more than blessing, praying for being kind to someone who is doing you wrong. I've been around a long long time and I've seen "Justice/God" take care of people far than I EVER can, especially when I wish them well--instead of gossiping and joining in their "mess" by starting my own.

But everyone is different--doesn't think or want to think as I'm just stating here...I respect that:wink:
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    I respect people who are not ignorant and who will ask questions before just assuming and jumping to the wrong conclusions. Too many times people get into fights or disagreements over assumptions. Take the time to get the facts!
  • QueenJayJay

:drinker:

Edit: I wore my seatbelt!
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 713 Member

:drinker:

Edit: I wore my seatbelt!

Hey at least you are safe =)
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Consistency.
    Follow-through.
    Knowing when you don't know something. And having the diligence, patience and brains to figure out what you don't.
    Tolerance.
    Kindness.
    Sense of humor.
    Having the courage to go after the things you REALLY want and not settling for less. And then knowing when something IS enough, and being able to change courses if you've outgrown your original goals.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Kindness, tolerance, honesty and charity. And patience. I really admire patience because I have little.