The Daily HEET...May Thread...Open to Everyone!

Options

Replies

• Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,I just wanted to tell you since I won't be doing cardio for awhile I changed my goals to 0 workouts for this week. It lowered my calories by 50 calories a day so I could still lose 2 pounds just by the calorie deficit. I realy wonder if that will work. We'll see next Sunday. Cindy :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi Team, My daughters hamster died tonight. It's so sad. She's having a sleepover in the tent on our deck with a friend so that is helping ease the sadness. I hope everyone had a great day. nighty -night, Cindy :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi Team- Happy Memorial Day. :smile: Ok I have a very serious question. Please oh please someone have an answer. My heel does not seem to be healing at the rate I need and want it to. Ok so my heel basically looks like someone took a razor blade and scraped down on my heel. The skin that was scraped down is bunched up at the bottem of my heel. New skin has not started to grow over the flesh exposed. My husband thinks I should keep a band aid on it at all times. He also thinks I should keep antibiotic ointment on it at all times. This is the first time this has ever happened to me so I don't know if we're doing the right thing. Any advice? Have a great day Team ! Cindy :heart:
  • hazelmichling
    hazelmichling Posts: 145
    Options
    Cindy, darling, go to the urgent care and get it taken care of. Do NOT mess with it. Too many bad bacteria floating around these days and you want to get it taken care of. Sounds like it is RAW and we don't want it to get infected. If you can, wash it with peroxide and if you have aloe vera plant, split that and put the sticky stuff on your foot and cover with gauze and plaster. Try to keep the gauze part where you can get some air to the area that is raw. But, if you can, go to urgent care or your prijmary care physician to get it taken care of. They may give you some antibiotic to get you going for healing. Hope this helps.:heart::heart: ::flowerforyou: Hazel
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Good Morning Heeters, Hazel, thanks for the concern. I realy can't go to the the Dr. or Urgent care over this. I think it's starting to feel better. I am keeping antibiotic craem and a bandaid on it 80 % of the time. I take the bandaid off for a bit if I'm just sitting . I am watching it and if it doesn't seem to be healing I'll get myself to the Dr's. It happened on Friday so I think I'm on track with my healing. Eddie is late this morning. I'm still freaking out about not being able to walk my miles. I am doing push ups, squats ,leg lifts and working with my weights. I hope everyone has a great day. Cindy:heart:
  • happygirl518
    happygirl518 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    hey there Cindy, Hazel, newbies, bebe, lucy, julie hope all is going well. Wow cindy you go girl, you are truly in the zone.
    I am holding my own, trying to keep the diabetes under control and so busy with the remodel. It is a slow going process but alot of physical work, so you'd think I'd lose a few, eh? Oh well, I feel good and that is how I measure my success its not all about the numbers. To date I have lost about 25 inches so I am glad for that.
    Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day. It is rainy here in the Ohio Valley off and on, so has put off some plans for staining and such but we are a work in progress and will keep at it.
    The garden here is looking good, everything has sprouted now and the rains that are coming are much needed and saves me watering every night not to mention will help with the water bill, LOL.
    So glad summer is soon upon us. We have done alot of grilling out and love it, still eating healthy and keeping a positive attitude.
    Keep livin your dreams everyone, love to all,
    Debbie
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hello Team, Debbie, it's so great to hear from you ! Great job on the inches lost. :flowerforyou: How is everyone else doing? My heel is healing nicely. I'm still not able to wear my walking shoes. I hope to by the weekend. I'm still doing push-ups, squats,leg lifts and lots of strength training with my 5 pound weights. This week is flying by. I can't wait to be able to get in the pool again. It's hot here. :glasses: I can't believe May is almost over. Has everyone thought about what your June goal will be? I conquered my May goal. I can ride my bike for miles and miles now. My June goal is to lose 10 pounds. That will put me below 300 pounds. I have to tell you when I started this way of life it seemed like the amount of weight I had to lose was overwhelming and daunting. Now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I still have alot to lose but once I get below 300 somehow it seems less overwhelming to me. Ok team- I better run- ttfn, Cindy
  • parrotlover
    parrotlover Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    hello, I have been using this site to count calories for about 2 months but i haven't been on the message boards! i thought i would drop in and say hello and hope everyone has a great week!
    :happy:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Thanks for stopping by Parrotlover . The baby in your Av pic is ADORABLE!!!! You are welcome and encouraged to post any time. Have a great afternoon. Cindy :heart:
  • emsmom2009
    emsmom2009 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey Everyone -

I haven't been able to post in a couple of days - problem with my computer - now resolved. I was able to read the posts at work, but I can't post a reply from work.

Any way, glad to hear that you heal is getting better. I've been doing the 3 mile watp. Tues nite, I worked out with the Trainer - uGH - it was so hard. However, I'm DOING it....

Everyone seems to be working so hard!

Callie
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi Team, Callie,great to hear from you! Fabulous job on the exercise! I haven't been able to resume walking yet but I'm still eating well and strength training. Today I did 100 push-ups,75 leg lifts on each leg and 45 squats. My muscles are feeling it. I hope everyone had a great day today. :flowerforyou: I'll talk to ya all tomorrow- Cindy :heart:
  • hazelmichling
    hazelmichling Posts: 145
    Options
    Hi Debbie, Cindy, Callie, Bryce and all that follows. Reading the posts though not doing much of anything else.:cry:
    Debbie, congratulations on inches lost and I love to hear that your garden is sprouting well. I am not sure that I am getting any garden this year. :grumble: :mad: too much going on in my life with wedding plans and DD being home only for a few weeks. So happy to have her at home and running with her. I guess that is about the extent of my exercise these days. Have been to the pool and did some water aerobics but just not enough.:grumble: :grumble:
    Cindy, I am so very proud of you. If you can do all that with your busy schedule, i surely could do at least 10 minutes of exercise. guess I will have to try harder. You are a motivator. I am really happy to hear that your heel is feeling better. Keep an eye on it, please. We cannot take things lightly anymore. Infection seems to set in all too easily.
    Bryce keep up your bike riding and exercise with that eliptico. Way to go, guy.
    Julie, got the scales out now and enjoying your pool, I pray.
    Callie, how fortunate you are with your personal trainer. Go for it.
    Nite all.
    Hazel
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Good Morning heeters, Thanks a bunch Hazel ! It's so great to hear from you. I am watching my heel closely. It is healing nicely. It's still a bit tender . I am going to start my walking routine tomorrow. Today I'll do my free weight work and some push ups and squats. I hope everyone has a fantastic day ! Cindy :heart:
  • parrotlover
    Options
    girl that is AWESOME! I wish i could do all that you can!
  • parrotlover
    Options
    cindy any tips on weight loss...my main problem is eating out and over eating...the exercise i kick butt on!
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi parrotlover, Thanks -I love to exercise! Such a rush ! As for tips, I log all my food for the day first thing in the morning. I do this so I can adjust anything if I need to so I can stay within my limits. I drink a gallon of water a day. I stick within my calorie range 100% of the time. I eat alot of veggies and fruits and lean meats and low fat dairy. I eat alot of fiber rich foods. I stay away from eating out. If I have to I will eat a salad minus any cheese or croutons they come with. I like being in control of what I eat and eating out puts most of the control with the cooks. I look for and eat foods that have the most nutritional value for the least calories. I eat about every 3 hours. Ok, so I think that's it tip wise. Good luck and remember YOU CAN DO THIS !!!!!!! Cindy:heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Parrotlover, I thought of another tip. I weigh & measure everthing I eat. Cindy :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi Team- How was everones day? Mine was great! I'm back to walking. :smile: I did 4 miles today. :smile: I'm so happy to be back at it! I have been doing alot of push-ups and squats and weight work this week. I have been up 3 pounds on the scale the past 2 days. One member who is a bodybuilder told me the added weight is glyceron and water due to the strength training and it may take my body a month or more to adapt and start losing agin. :grumble: WHAT ?????????? I doubt I can deal with that so I sure hope he's wrong. I'm going to keep dpoing my strength training though with my walking for cardio. I think I may swim tomorrow. My heel looks good. I'm happy I made it through those 5 days of healing without going over the deep end. :bigsmile: I'll walk 4 more miles tomorrow too. On Sunday I plan to go on a looong bike ride and walk too. Ok guys - nighty night- Cindy :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hello Team, Is anybody out there? Come on Team ! I just got bike from a 30 minute bike ride. I think it was 4 -5 milles. The dang wind was blowing against us almost the entire time. If you don't know about Texas wind think blustery. It's always windy here. The darn flat roaming lands. :smile: I plan to do a 2 mile walk tonight. I lost 1 pound last week. I am happy with that considering I only did 2 days of cardio. My heel is almost completely healed. I am soo happy I'm back to my routine. :heart: I am doing a strength training routine twice a week so I'll do that today too. I think my 2 days will be Sunday and Wednesday. I can realy tell those push-ups and squats are working. I've been using weights too. I can feel and see muscle forming. :smile: Our Tv died on Thursday. We went last night and purchased a Vizio HD Tv. I love it!!!!! We bought a 22" because we want to move it to our bedroom and buy a 32" for the living room soon. They did not have the 32" last night. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. :smile: Hazel, How are the wedding plans coming along? Ok guys, ttfn- Cindy :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi Team- Another day of no one posting. :frown: I am thinking our beloved team is no longer a team at all. I know we're all busy but jeez- I guess I'll start another thread for June . I hope I'm not the only one posting. Come on everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!