Um would you wear this?

Options

Replies

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Why not wear it for the hubby in private!!!

It looks hot, but it's not for public in my opinion. Save it for the bedroom.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    No. Wouldn't wear it. I've tried on a couple of dresses at bodycentral but I feel like most of them are way too short and would be much cuter and more comfortable if they would be 2-3 inches longer. If you move the wrong way in that dress you'll give everybody a free show ;) . Would be a cute dress if it would be longer

I agree. I'd be afraid I would drop my purse and then make the kind of friends that I don't really want. :)

The shape looks good on you, and your legs look great...it would be perfect with just a couple more inches.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    If you're uncomfortable you could wear leggings with it! But it does look great! Maybe a little short.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    You just need a good pair of booty shorts underneath. Not the cheeky kind that ride up but the kind that look like tiny athletic shorts. That way, no one gets an eyeful of anything.

That dress would be awesome for a night out on the town in a place like Vegas, where all the women dress like hookers. I wouldn't wear it at my local nightclub though - I might run into someone who knows me. :laugh:

Oh, and the only reason why I'm saying go for it is because your hubby loves it and wants to see you rock it where all the other men can be jealous of him. It's nice when we have that sort of validation from our men. :flowerforyou:
  • Zara150
    Zara150 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My advice is - WEAR IT IF YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE IN IT! If you gonna "hide" from the ppl when wearing this, everybody will know you don't feel good, thus you'll ruin the "bomb" impression!
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You look really good in it! I myself think I would be afraid of what ppl would say about me if I wore it out. I like the idea of really dark tights with it, Id wear it then probably.
    Id def wear it for my fiance at home.
    & btw awesome job on the weight loss!!!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    It's very cute, but it is one of those dresses that makes we want to say "oh my god, you forgot to put on your pants".

So... no, I wouldn't wear it, but you look gorgeous in it and if you feel good, go for it!

I think the same thing when I see dresses like this. It's definitely cute, and you look good in it, but I would suggest maybe leggings or something. Personal opinion, but yes, you look hot.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I asked him if he really thought I would wear it out? He said "Why not? you look great in it." ...am I the only one who thinks that he is out of his mind to think I'd wear this out? He wanted me to wear it to a night club, yeah me dancing in hooker shoes and this dress, I can see this dress falling around my ankles talk about embarrassing....

It doesn't matter what we think... your husband thinks you're hot enough to show off in public. And he's right! You ROCK that dress. How many men take the time to do something like by you a dress? He is totally proud of how you look.

I get the not wanting to feel like a hoochie mama, though. The only way I *would* wear something like that in public would be if I was still married and my husband asked me to. And even then I would use some of the other suggestions (tights, or even another, longer skirt underneath in a matching fabric just to give you some more length). Maybe you could ditch the hooker shoes for something you can dance in (no one will be looking at your shoes anyway), warn hubby that the consequence in going out in something like that will mean very limited movement on your part? Or, do a "dinner and dancing" date at home, just for him...?

Either way have a great time showing off that (absolutely IMPRESSIVE) 100+ pound weight loss!
  • dnewton123
    Options
    Never let a man tell you what to weigh or what to wear, chances are the two never go together. With that being said confidence in whatever you wear comes from within you and if you don't feel confident, beautiful, and sexy in it then you won't be able to pull off the look regardless of how much weight you have lost. Thank hubby for seeing you as such a sexy vixen then tell him you would rather save all the "cookies" for his eyes only then give him a night to remember ;-) ( after all you don't want him to feel bad about buying you something)
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    It does look good on you! Hey if all he wants is for you to wear it to a night club then at least hes not making you go.somewhere where that kind of dress would be out of the norm. :) Ill never forget the first time my husband bought me this little bubble dress and wanted me to wear it with high heels. I did. All night as i would walk it felt so weird like people could see my goods. They couldnt, as long as i didnt bend over lol. I just wasnt used to it.

Now I wear little dresses all the time!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    If you feel comfortable go for it, I think if your hubby wants to see it and you feel like you might come out of it, wear it all sexy like at home for him and put on music and pretend you are the club or whatever.

I am the same weight as you and I personally wouldn't wear it out either for the same reasons for my body it's too short and tight.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard to judge what's appropriate when you've got a new body,

As for me.. Nope, I wouldn't, too short for what I consider to be respectable...
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    sorry, i wouldn't.

doesn't mean i don't think you shouldn't...just that i would not.
  • ElisaMarie82
    Options
    It's pretty skanky to wear in public, yet HOTT for the bedroom! I would NOT wear this in public! :blushing:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    No.. I wouldn't. I'm all for short to show off my legs but that's way too short even for my taste.
  • Seamoan87
    Seamoan87 Posts: 106
    Options
    I am posting this here because I have never felt ok with posting myself in a dress like this online. I still won't walk out of my house in it lol. However I can feel ok with posting it because I don't know many of you in real life, only like 1 or 2 people on this forum that actually post I know in real life. Plus it's not like I'm going to run into you.

Basically this is the story, I'm at Body Central in the mall browsing, I spot this dress. I laughed because I had to ask this question to the worker, "Ma'am, can you please tell me, is this suppose to be a dress or a top?" She laughs and says "A dress" I smile and reply with "Can you tell me, is it meant to have a place to hide the butt? Or is it meant to hang out?" She again laughed, I told her that I wanted to try it on for a good laugh. I tried it on and I pulled out my phone and snapped a photo and sent it to my husband with a "Hey baby, need a hooker tonight?" he laughed out loud back at me, and I thought that was it. I left the store, went home and later that day he came home with this dress. OMG Jokes on me. I asked him if he really thought I would wear it out? He said "Why not? you look great in it." Hmm Yeah sure, but if I bend just a little, you can see my butt and probably other areas, if I move my arms much my boobs fall out. Yeah, great dress, just needs more material :P.

So am I the only one who thinks that he is out of his mind to think I'd wear this out? He wanted me to wear it to a night club, yeah me dancing in hooker shoes and this dress, I can see this dress falling around my ankles talk about embarrassing...

slutdress.jpg

Don't know if anyone suggested this yet but you could wear it with some tights and maybe a cute jacket/crop jacket on top :)
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Wear it with some dark tights and cute heels!!! You look great!!
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Your husband sounds awesome, but yeah, you do look hot in the dress =)
  • Logott
    Logott Posts: 4
    Options
    Just because you can never means you should.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wear it. It's way too short for me. Maybe with tights. You look great though, but I just keep thinking that 1 more inch shorter, we'd be viewing your vagina.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!