Um would you wear this?

Options

Replies

• kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    No, never!!

but if u want to wear it; wear it. don't worry about what anyone else thinks!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    It is short but wow-you look fantastic. I like the 'wear it at home and rock his world' idea. If he wants a little male validation from his buddies that he has a hot wife, offer to wear it the next time he has his friends over. Poker night will never be the same.
  • Maystar80
    Maystar80 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    you look wicked hot in it, but I agree it wouldn't be very practical for dancing in. It would have to be a mostly social, talky, non-dancing occasion.
  • melissainez85
    Options
    super black tights and some cute shoes and problem solved i think it looks great on u!!
  • phatty4dayz
    phatty4dayz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wear it. Not because it doesn't look good on you, because it does. However, Body Central tends to sell and market clothing for 16-21 yr old girls and although you have the body for the dress, I'm afraid as "a grown up" it might not look classy if you wear it out as is. A few suggested that you wear it with leggings, but in my opinion, it might then take away from the overall look. I don't know... try it and see.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    It is short but wow-you look fantastic. I like the 'wear it at home and rock his world' idea. If he wants a little male validation from his buddies that he has a hot wife, offer to wear it the next time he has his friends over. Poker night will never be the same.

HAHAHA!! The only time I ever really see his friends are when I go pick him up at work. I did once wear a short dress to pick him up, not this short though, and it had long sleeves. I got some looks, and the next day people were talking. But I was about 165 then. An idea would be when I don't have to get out of the car just from the house to his job haha. But still not sure I would. Now when I was a teenager, I would have not had 1 problem with it. But 20 years and 2 kids later, I'm not that hoochie mama teenager anymore, I'm a little more modest haha...

I like the idea of a night at home and rocking his world, I feel great in the dress around him, but he can't keep his hands off me so that helps, but in public having people stair at me, no ma'am don't think I could do it, I have a mouth on me and if someone said something I might end up popping off or popping someone in the face haha. Or pulling my phone out and showing them my reason for doing it...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    If you want to do something sexy, you can do it without the "hoochie" overtones. Sexy doesn't equate to revealing everything your mother gave you... You have a great figure and can pull off a very sexy top or dress that shows off the curves but not so much skin.

Examples:

Low back, but covers at appropriate length = super super sexy and very classy

845393E9.jpg

Pencil skirts are incredibly sexy and show off the waist and legs especially when paired with a cute top and heels You can even get away with some funky tights too:

clothing-skirt-e4-sk4165brown_2.jpg
  • carlachristinewhite
    carlachristinewhite Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Looking great! I would want to wear one of those once I hit the weight like yours! I have about 50 more to go if I'd wear those! Great Job! very inspiring!
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    I wouldn't, but I believe less is more.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Love that first one but can't even think about seeing me in that second one. The only issue I have with the first one is one of the problems I have with the dress I am wearing in the photo's, I still have back fat and it drives me crazy, I'm still toning so that dress would probably not look great on me. I still have 26lbs to go, and a lot more toning. My arms are coming alone great, my legs are great, but my tummy and back are taking so time toning.

Editing: You changed that bottom photo, I'd wear that one lol.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Love that first one but can't even think about seeing me in that second one. The only issue I have with the first one is one of the problems I have with the dress I am wearing in the photo's, I still have back fat and it drives me crazy, I'm still toning so that dress would probably not look great on me. I still have 26lbs to go, and a lot more toning. My arms are coming alone great, my legs are great, but my tummy and back are taking so time toning.

Pencil skirts look good on girls with more weight in the midsection though it's counterintuitive especially if you pair it with a belt.

These were just examples, but you can do a lot that doesn't involve a skirt that jeapardizes the visibility of your... um.... goodies...

(I mean this to be helpful not mean. you look really beautiful either way, but it seems you'd be more comfortable in something sexy but age-appropriate also).
  • Danidelion
    Options
    I'd wear it with a pair of dark skinny jeans and have it pass as a longer top lol. As a dress though, I do think it's a tad short lol. Does look good on you though.
  • zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    With leggings or maybe tights, yes. Not with bare legs.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't wear it in public either. My husband does this sort of, too, where I try something on and he loves it, thinks I look hot, and then I have to remind him, "ok, I'll be wearing this to work, remember? I need to know if it's appropriate." Then he has to try to think about me as a professional, and not as his "hot wife." Sometimes it's a difficult switch for them to make. :laugh:

You look great, but definitely extremely short, and obviously very revealing. Too revealing for my tastes.

I agree, it doesn't sound like you feel comfortable with it in public, so do the at-home date night thing. I'm sure he'll be happy. :happy:
  • TheFitHooker
    Options

Pencil skirts look good on girls with more weight in the midsection though it's counterintuitive especially if you pair it with a belt.

These were just examples, but you can do a lot that doesn't involve a skirt that jeapardizes the visibility of your... um.... goodies...

(I mean this to be helpful not mean. you look really beautiful either way, but it seems you'd be more comfortable in something sexy but age-appropriate also).

Yes, I totally know you aren't being disrespectful or mean, I like the pencil skirt/dress I just didn't like that second dress. I like a length that goes right at or right above the knees. I'm 5'3 and have short legs, so it don't take much to be able to view up a dress. One reason I never wear them. However I'm finally at a weight where the only way I sit is with my legs cross, and one reason I quit wearing dresses is because I had a hard time crossing my legs, so now I kinda want to wear more dresses. I officially own 2 and 1/2 dresses HAHAHA! Ok 2 dresses I'd wear out, and then this one.

This is the dress I wore to my husband's job. This is also the first dress I bought, I was about 165-160 here. I can still wear it, it's just a little loose on me. I wear this one with tights once in awhile.
    IMG_0384.jpg

then I have this one I've not yet worn it out. I actually need to try it on again because when I bought it, it was the last one they had, and it was a little snug and I didn't care for it on my back but I think it should fit better now.
    426826_213136785449109_100002583681265_397791_840721417_n.jpg
    400077_213136182115836_100002583681265_397789_1374731158_n.jpg
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    ^ That is super cute! Take it to a seamstress and have it fitted. It shouldn't be too hard to take it in.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and I'd wear the hell out of that dress. But you need to add something to it...how about these

pump.jpg

or these

b005bac.jpg
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    I actually have a pair of 5 inch heels that are black with a silver lining on the bottom that has just a touch of the same color pink that is in that dress, on them :D I love them but they tie around the leg and they won't stay up on my legs lol.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You look great, I don't see why not :D
    It's not exactly my style, but I'd wear something similar :)
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I'm not a stranger to the micro mini... trust me. That particular cut would look horrible on me, so I personally wouldn't wear it, but you're rockin' it! Add some black stilettos, some earrings, and maybe a cool/funky necklace... then head to the nearest lounge, my friend, because YOU ARE READY!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!