Black Team is starting over and recruiting :)

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Ugly faced pictures? Now, listen here, woman, you'd better start talkin' nice about my beautiful friend, Lynnie, or there's gonna be some @$$ whoopin' goin' on here-- :angry:

Marla
    The usually nonviolent girl who just threatened Lynnie
  • Marla64
    Options
    Glad I have a team now... have to come somewhere to be able to vent. I normally weigh on Monday. I just got on the scale- after using the bathroom, butt naked and it is not even funny.

I know the scale can fluctuate a lot, but I've been doing this long enough and I watch my scale close enough, that I know my weight doesn't fluctuate all that much. My scale was up 5 pounds and I almost started to cry!

My husband got home after being gone for 9 months last Monday, I know I ate a little differently this week, but it wasn't terrible. We ate out 3 times, which I never, ever eat out. I still worked out at the gym 4 days. Granted my TOM started yesterday but even that doesn't normally give a huge change on the scale for me.

At this point in the game for me, it takes sooooo long to lose those 5 pounds! It's not fast like it was at the begining. I have been so scared that I wouldn't be able to keep off the weight with him home (track record not so good there) that this gain his first week back is like a punch in the stomach!

Lori, stick to your guns and keep reminding him how hot you are now. Going back is not an option. You've worked too hard!

I am sticking to my guns... just venting cause I was soooo frustrated! (My hubs is on board and lost like 4 pounds last week.... of course!) He also knows my fear of gaining it back and is fully aware how things have gone in the past. I will say when I've lost before when he's been gone it's been different, more a quick thing before he gets home and not a lifestyle change. I've been at this for 9 months, I'm NOT going back... I'd have nothing to wear!

The only promising thing I have going for me today (and really it's not but I'm trying to make it sound so to myself) is the fact that I am going for an err, umm, 'procedure' tomorrow morning. I can only have clear liquids today and after I drink my 'special concoction' later today, I'd imagine those 5 pounds might be 'flushed away' so to speak.

The fact I can't eat food today is not helping with my grumpy attitude! It's 9:15 and I'm starving. I like my food. I should be able to chew something in about 26 hours.... OMG!

Aw,heck, leckl-- once you get to know us you'll be talking openly about your "umm, procedure" lol. We're an open group-- ask Andrew!!!!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,755 Member
    Options
    Aw,heck, leckl-- once you get to know us you'll be talking openly about your "umm, procedure" lol. We're an open group-- ask Andrew!!!!!

Good to know! LOL

My hubs did tell me today he knew the cure for those 5 pounds. I told him to stay away, those swimmers must be lead filled after 9 months and they are stuck in there somewhere!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your sweet words of encouragement about my ugly faced pictures. I :heart: you all for being so sweet.

Lynnie
    who didn't even say fu at all. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh Em Gee...look how far you've come...I'm so happy for you!

Signed
    Shuntae
    The girl who agrees with Marla and would happily help her kick some booty if Lynnie doesn't stop saying bad things about herself.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your sweet words of encouragement about my ugly faced pictures. I :heart: you all for being so sweet.

Lynnie
    who didn't even say fu at all. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh Em Gee...look how far you've come...I'm so happy for you!

Signed
    Shuntae
    The girl who agrees with Marla and would happily help her kick some booty if Lynnie doesn't stop saying bad things about herself.

:laugh: :laugh:

Go, Shuntae!!!!!! :smooched:
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Can I come back? Will you have me??? :flowerforyou: Pwease?
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Glad I have a team now... have to come somewhere to be able to vent. I normally weigh on Monday. I just got on the scale- after using the bathroom, butt naked and it is not even funny.

I know the scale can fluctuate a lot, but I've been doing this long enough and I watch my scale close enough, that I know my weight doesn't fluctuate all that much. My scale was up 5 pounds and I almost started to cry!

My husband got home after being gone for 9 months last Monday, I know I ate a little differently this week, but it wasn't terrible. We ate out 3 times, which I never, ever eat out. I still worked out at the gym 4 days. Granted my TOM started yesterday but even that doesn't normally give a huge change on the scale for me.

At this point in the game for me, it takes sooooo long to lose those 5 pounds! It's not fast like it was at the begining. I have been so scared that I wouldn't be able to keep off the weight with him home (track record not so good there) that this gain his first week back is like a punch in the stomach!

Lori, stick to your guns and keep reminding him how hot you are now. Going back is not an option. You've worked too hard!

I am sticking to my guns... just venting cause I was soooo frustrated! (My hubs is on board and lost like 4 pounds last week.... of course!) He also knows my fear of gaining it back and is fully aware how things have gone in the past. I will say when I've lost before when he's been gone it's been different, more a quick thing before he gets home and not a lifestyle change. I've been at this for 9 months, I'm NOT going back... I'd have nothing to wear!

The only promising thing I have going for me today (and really it's not but I'm trying to make it sound so to myself) is the fact that I am going for an err, umm, 'procedure' tomorrow morning. I can only have clear liquids today and after I drink my 'special concoction' later today, I'd imagine those 5 pounds might be 'flushed away' so to speak.

The fact I can't eat food today is not helping with my grumpy attitude! It's 9:15 and I'm starving. I like my food. I should be able to chew something in about 26 hours.... OMG!

Lol marla, you crack me up.
    Sample of topics Andrew had brought up to the blackteam in the past.
    Nipple pasties and Chub Rub.
    There is not much werent arent comfortable to discuss. lol

:laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    I have LOTS of cathing up to do. I'll be back later this evening lol
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    I would like to join the group thanks :)

Welcome to the black team Lisa!
    You've been a force of nature in the inspiration department. Your before and after pics are great! Glad to have you with us!
    :drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Hey every one, I'm new to this site and loving it. I'd love to join the black team.
    I have 100+ pounds to lose and am very motivated to do it.
    I'm working out at home (doing leslie sansone walk away the pounds dvds) - anyone ever try them, they're awesome. I'm also working out at a gym with a trainer 2x's per week.

btw, I, too, have a really cute kid!

Well you meet the cute kid requirement so your in! lol
    Welcome to the team! 100+ pounds can seem like a big hill to climb but when you take it one step at a time you can't do anything but succeed. I have a total goal of 142 lbs and getting rid of the 96 that have gone was a whole lot easier with the support of the amazing people on this team. I look foward to sharing each success with you!

WELCOME!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Hey every one, I'm new to this site and loving it. I'd love to join the black team.
    I have 100+ pounds to lose and am very motivated to do it.
    I'm working out at home (doing leslie sansone walk away the pounds dvds) - anyone ever try them, they're awesome. I'm also working out at a gym with a trainer 2x's per week.

btw, I, too, have a really cute kid!

Yes, I love Leslie. I'm also working out at the gym 4 times a week and new to the team. We've just got to remember that we didn't get this way overnight & it will take time to see results. I tend to get discouraged if I can't see changes immediately, but this time will be different.

Hey Tonianne,

Pleased to make your aquantance!
    Beautiful grand babies you got there! Fitness is ageless and I just know you'll do well and fit right in. Here is to your health!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Hey everybody! Is it too late to join? If so, Im interested in getting in a group. Ive scanned what you guys have already written, and you seem very nice and supportive. I dont know what a pm is. I am new to this site. I am not even sure how to find this group again once I hit post reply. Is there some kind of "save group" button? Anyhow, just tell me what I need to do and Im there. Ive got two weeks and three days before I weigh in at this big weight loss contest I am in at school. (Im a teacher) I have to be PERFECT until then and so I need all the support that I can find! Thanks! Tanya:wink:

Hey OTcarlson,

Welcome aboard. It looks like your well on your way and doing a wonderful thing for yourself and your family. I have alot of respect for teachers. I was a music ed major until I realized that teaching wasnt for me. Hopefully you'll have some things to teach the rest of us and hopefully we'll be able to teach you some lessons from our experience on our journeys.
    :happy:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    feeling a little before/after love. Okay this is a "during" because after looking at this I've found my motivation to go forth and continue the battle.

We went hiking today and took a very steep and challenging trail. I recalled when a simple walk had me miserable. I found a picture of me at Old Man's Cave last year and then the pic my hubby snapped of me today. I'm sweaty, makeupless,, bad hair..and I don't care. (Janie this will ruin your "photogenic" image of me, but I am so happy I don't care, it was a totally natural "in the moment" kind of thing...) SO here goes: (deep breath)

hikingbeforeafter-1.jpg

Dang woman!

Someone is looking FAB at forty. So much for flab at forty. Nothing gonna stop you now! WTG!
    :bigsmile:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Hi, I've just come back to mfp after been off the rails for the past few weeks.

Can I join your team, just the thing I need to get my butt back into action. :flowerforyou:

We love getting derailed trains back on track. Just remember. the trains on this team go CHOO CHOO! not Chew Chew.

(At least I filled my lame joke quota for the day)

Welcome aboard. You don't need a ticket to ride this train.
    (Ugh...ok so I doubled my quota.)
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Woo Hoo!! Can't wait to start this week! I have such a horrible week last week and I am really focused and ready to start! I have a softball game tonight and we ususally run a whole lot! I'm thinking of doing a quick cardio dvd before we go. I'm so excited and ready to get healthy!!

Have fun at the game and welcome to the team!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Can I come back? Will you have me??? :flowerforyou: Pwease?

Once a black team member, always a black team member.
    Can't black list someone on the black list.
    (OH EM GEE I am out of control with the lame jokes today.)

:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hey btw I also have a cute daughter age 4! On my profile is her pic!!
  • Zipflipnflutter
    Zipflipnflutter Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I gots me some cute kids as well!!!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the group thanks :)

Welcome to the black team Lisa!
    You've been a force of nature in the inspiration department. Your before and after pics are great! Glad to have you with us!

thanks so much