3 minor confessions

Options

Replies

• Pattie74
    Pattie74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    1. I'm afraid I'm losing weight wayyy to slow to make my goal weight by my birthday.

2. The best part of my career is working with the public, the worst part of my career is working with the public (sometimes they're just plain nuts).

3. It's my husband's bday and I've been so stinkin busy, I didn't get him a gift :( Feel terrible about that one. Hopefully, pizza tonight will make him happy. It's his favorite.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    1. I'm only losing weight so I can look good in my costume at a convention...
    2. I daydream ALL the time. Often during conversations with other people.
    3. I almost never shave my legs because I'm so lazy...
  • OooLaurenooO
    OooLaurenooO Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I CAN.NOT.STAND. Adele.

*high five* ..just because I feel less weird now, lol. Everyone thinks I'm a freak for not liking her.

Me neither...such a drone..

Bump!
  • KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options
    1) I hate it when I look in the mirror and see someone totally different than the person I see in pictures. I take pictures of myself trying to find the person I see in the mirror.

2) I spent over an hour this morning reading this thread sitting on my butt in the recliner because I don't feel well today.

3) I'm worried that I won't reach my goal weight and if I do, won't be able to maintain it.

Dear.....don't be afraid, we are here to help and support!! YOU CAN DO IT!! Look at me.........I have been heavy ALL my life at a weight of 250 or more (highest was 257 when I started), and now I am down to 237 (ugh, I gained.....was at 235.....all time low and managed to go up instead). I get like #3 sometimes, but understand that this is a new you!! I haven't stayed this strong with my workouts AT ALL.........not even when I was doing weight watchers or nutrisystem........I just totally tanked it. I was in such a negative place before I turned myself around. But because of the support, I know I can do it Jenna!!

Take it one day........just one......at a time. When you get there, I know you will feel SO fantastic!! And once you get there, if you slip up a pound or two, you're gonna rock the gym!! That is the mentality that you are learning now. The "oh God, I went up in weight.....time to redouble the efforts!!". Just keep thinking like that, and you will do great!!

Also.......who is it that you see in the mirror that is not in pictures? What do you describe her as? Maybe starting there might help.......and I am also sorry you feel sick today!! Hope you feel better soon!
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    1.) Sometimes when I'm sick I consider licking the rims of the drinking glasses of people I don't get along with.

LMAO!!! Oh man that killed me. Just killed me. Win!
  • sharonucd
    sharonucd Posts: 145
    Options
    1) I sing in a church worship band but get mad/jealous that the band leader always lets the same two female singers have solo parts (but it's not very nice of me to get mad/jealous about this)! But hey...i have a nice voice and can do solos too!!! hehhee

2) My boyfriend that i have been with for 9 months wants to get married and although we are going to pre-marital counseling, I don't really think I can see myself marrying the him b/c i think he would drive me crazy. but he's so good to me so I have no idea what to do b/c prince charmings (like him) don't come around too often.

3) I sooo want to be locally famous. I am always getting on local tv shows when i can or even when i sing with our band and get on video...i love the adrenaline rush of entertaining ppl and being in front of ppl.
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    1. I haven't been to the gym in at least 3 weeks. I do work out at home, though. Waste of money but I can't cancel.
    2. I missed my period last month (I'm not pregnant). My husband thinks it's because I changed my diet so much but I don't agree.
    3. I hate Adele. The sound of her voice makes me cringe.
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    1. I'm addicted to weird news & true crime (Love The First 48, COPS, etc) because I find it fascinating how other people think and live. I talk to my mom and my best friend every day and update them on the weird/gruesome stories I have heard.
    2. I'm often disappointed in my family. While I would do anything for any one of them and would love for us to be close and tight knit, there are only a few of them that would do the same for me.
    3. My mom thinks I "have an adventurous spirit" because I like to get out and do things (camp, roller skate, go to flea markets). I do really enjoy it but find no joy in doing these things alone. I am terrified I am going to be alone forever or end up with someone who just want to play video games/watch tv all the time.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My biggest:

I wish my boyfriend's mom wasn't so insanely Catholic and so into guilt tripping everyone else. I wish I wasn't going to be forced to convert to Catholicism and have a Catholic wedding, all so that SHE doesn't have a heart attack. Since my feelings and opinions don't matter...
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    1. I feel the need to binge eat everytime I am alone and secretly wish I could throw up on demand. (I know that sounds really bad) I not only fear that I will fail I feel it is inevitable.
    2. I secretly hate my sister in law and think she is a horrible parent. When my nephews are dressed like homeless children (even after she spends way too much money on clothes they never wear), unbathed, or can't go to preschool because they don't have immunizations I want to stab her with a fork and light her on fire. She is pregnant with her 3rd now.
    3. My husband and I are trying to have another child; I am secretly scared to gain any weight back.

PS I also have no idea who Adele is!
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    1. my baby boy died 2 days after he was born in June and I'm pissed and very depressed. 2. because of my lost, I've changed as a person and I don't wanna be around pregnant woman or see infants. It's a reminder of what I don't have! 3. I want to lose the weight but i don't wanna put the work into it and I'm afraid I'll always be this fat.........I guess we have a couple things in comman. One day at a time.........

Honey, I had two baby boys that died during childbirth three years apart. They were both premature, but they had to let the labor proceed because I was in danger. I then had two miscarriages after this. I was angry and depressed for a long time. I also had a very hard time seeing pregnant women and babies for quite some time. It took a while, and I didn't even notice when it really happened, but those things don't bother me any more. I ended up choosing never to get pregnant again because I couldn't take the idea of another loss. But you know what? My life took a different path, and I am actually very happy with where I ended up, even though it wasn't where I planned to go. I had no idea how many other women had been through this type of thing until it happened to me. It hurts like hell, but it will get better. I promise. You are not alone.
  • gagesmom314
    gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    1. I never log a weight gain only weight losses.

2. I love NKOTB. I have seen them in concert 3 times in the past 3 years and follow all the boys on Twitter.

3. I constantly look at overweight people and tell myself I am not as big as they are even when I know I am.
  • melmargirly
    melmargirly Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    1. I work for an airline, love to travel and fly for free - and though I know it's not harmful, turbulence terrifies me.
    2. I've always secretly believed that something wonderful can and will happen to me when I'm not expecting it.
    3. When I was little, I wanted to fly more than anything. My mother told me that would happen when I turned 13...not sure if that was a smart thing to do or what.
    4. As I get older, I get more fearful of things I was never scared of (like rollercoasters) and I HATE it!!!

I am very, very Jealous of your # 1. I almost applied for a stewardess position with Delta a couple years ago... and I think the same goes for me with #4. I am afraid of large bodies of water! Never used to be...
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    1. I get anxiety from the smallest things, I couldn't sleep one day because I forgot to buy water and the store was going to be closed the day after.
    2. I can't make decisions at ALL

Bump! I was told by my mother I was a very stressed child. I have had anxiety my whole life. It has given me a whole slu of health problems. I also stay up at night with stomach pains from worrying about something stupid. I also can't make a decision to save my life! Likewise having to try to make a decision gives me anxiety.
  • SchollinJ
    SchollinJ Posts: 22
    Options
    1.) I say I'm trying to get fit to be healthy for my kids but in all honesty, I'm just shallow.
    2.)I went from being one of the most confident people in the world to having no confidence after having my daughter, and wonder if I will ever feel pretty again..
    3.) I told some one I loved(friends wise) that I truly regretted our friendship, just to make his girlfriend/wife happy, in the end I lost my best friend and the only person who truly knows me.
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    1. I still eat pizza at least 4 times a week.
    2. I put a hershey miniature in my bowl of ice cream today.
    3. I will repeat an exercise if it gets me a better view of a hot woman

Probably should have included that my profile picture is not me. It is LL Cool J.

OMG!!!!!!!! Pass me the phone, I need to cancel that Mighty Meaty with side dishes :~
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    1. I hate my job. It's not a secret. The secret is that I spend half the day on MFP and FB.
    2. I pretend not to, but I really miss the best friend I lost a year and a half ago.
    3. I have a completely platonic relationship with a coworker-turned-bar-buddy ... except that I totally lust after him. We'd have the best time... I know; I've thought about it.
  • Beccaliebchen
    Beccaliebchen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1. I still eat pizza at least 4 times a week.
    2. I put a hershey miniature in my bowl of ice cream today.
    3. I will repeat an exercise if it gets me a better view of a hot woman

So is that why I can't get rid of that guy at the gym! ;-)
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    My biggest:

I wish my boyfriend's mom wasn't so insanely Catholic and so into guilt tripping everyone else. I wish I wasn't going to be forced to convert to Catholicism and have a Catholic wedding, all so that SHE doesn't have a heart attack. Since my feelings and opinions don't matter...

This won't get better with marriage.....just sayin....you might want to think this through
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    1. I put my wet feet on the wall paper when I shave my legs cause my legs are too long to fit in the tub.
    2. I stole three quarters off the dining room table before I left work today.
    3. I recently nailed the front man of one of the biggest up and coming regional bands in the NYC city- and he said he was the one that lucked out :blushing: