You wouldn't dat eme when I was fat... why should I date n

Options

Replies

• MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    harsh opinion:

Maybe you at a bigger you wasn't his cup of tea. And him being attracted to you for being smaller is not wrong. If he likes a certain look on a woman, then he likes a certain look. No one ever walks up to a person out of nowhere because they look like they have a great personality. That doesn't even make sense. You COULD oblige him. Allow him to court you and all that jazz. But remember... If you EVER get bigger? (pregnancy, car accident, something in your body stops working and causes massive water weight) you cannot be upset if he starts treating you crazy or leaves or stops courting you.

So to answer your question, I think you're thinking along the right lines as far as picking up on what he likes and feeling like he or anyone should like you when you don't even think you're so hot. Because looks fade and nobody wants to talk to someone who they believe ONLY want to talk to them for their looks. But he isn't wrong for being attracted to you because you're slimmer.

At the very least, talk to him. Maybe he's attracted to your will power and strength. Perhaps he sees a really strong woman who took herself from being someone who she obviously didn't like too much, to someone who saw a flaw, grabbed it by the horns, and made it work out for her.

All the best :drinker:

I absolutely agree with this.

Someone is not shallow just because they weren't attracted to someone else who may have been bigger (if that even is the reason).

I've been a bigger girl and haven't been attracted to in shape men before....it's more than just personality and I really think it's unfair to just say "Forget him..he should've approached you before you got healthier". Take it as a compliment and strike up some convo...may be something incredible i.e. a relationship or a friendship (if you're not single)...that would suck to miss out on.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Okay I have a rant. I go to a male dominanted gym only because it's close to home. I go i do my thing and i leave. I am not there to pick up guys or socialize. there are plenty of skinny fat girls wearing lulus and a ton of makeup for the hot bods to oogle.

The last couple of days i notice that this guy, who is very attractive probably early to mid 30s, Is always there at the same time as me. He stares at me and uses machines close to mine. I smile and go about my business, He has been going there since I started and never gave me the time of day before, when I would maybe see him once a week. Now I just feel like he's taking notice because i've dropped some weight. Should i be flattered or am i right to be a little preturbed by this new found attention?

Maybe he noticed your progress and is secretly proud.

Or maybe your boobs hit your chin when you bounce.

you smiled. he took notice. you probably shouldn't have smiled.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I would be attracted to the commitment you are showing by being there every time I am there. Besides, looks are only part of attraction.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Forget him. He should have approached you before such a big change. Just going to the gym says something positive about you. That would have been a good ice breaker.
    but if he wasn't attracted, why would he? is he not allowed to be attracted to someone's looks over another?

because this new found attraction is only skin deep. I am still the exact same person I was before losing weight has not affected my personalitly in the least. I always thought I was sexy and attractive, Perhaps this is why it bothers me so much.

don't take it as an indictment against your former self, but a compliment to your current self.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    NEWSFLASH: Guys like women they are attracted to.

Yeah, really. IF he noticed you before, and that's a big if, and wasn't attracted, why does that automatically make him a jerk if he's attracted now that you're in better shape? It's not like he knew you, knew your personality, and was only avoiding dating you because of your appearance. He's a stranger.

If the tables were turned would you think you were such a terrible person? If you suddenly noticed some guy who'd been working out for months and had lost a bunch of weight?
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Forget him. He should have approached you before such a big change. Just going to the gym says something positive about you. That would have been a good ice breaker.
    but if he wasn't attracted, why would he? is he not allowed to be attracted to someone's looks over another?

because this new found attraction is only skin deep. I am still the exact same person I was before losing weight has not affected my personalitly in the least. I always thought I was sexy and attractive, Perhaps this is why it bothers me so much.

Sounds like you have already made up your mind. If you wanna be offended, by all means be offended. You may be missing out on something that could be very interesting......but if you will always have that animosity because he did not notice you when you were larger, he does not stand a chance. And honestly, neither do you....
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's just shy and has been building up his courage.

I like this one. guys can be wusses too :) and to be honest, maybe it doesn't have to do with the weightloss at all, maybe he really did just notice you. it's sort of like not really noticing that guy in class with you, and just poof, noticing him one day for no particular reason. he didn't do anything, didn't sit anywhere new, you just noticed him...
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options

But he doesn't KNOW you, then when you were heavier, or now! Besides, it's been proven that when we're physically active, we produce endorphins that result in more energy, happier moods, etc, etc, etc, so it stands to reason that since you've been working out and losing weight, you're most likely feeling better about yourself, giving off a more positive energy, and probably projecting a more positive attitude = why wouldn't someone be attracted to that? It has nothing to do with the person you are = he doesn't know that person. Yet. If you give him a chance.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    be happy he's looking, one day the guys will stop looking and you will be sad.

Keep in mind that people can look drastically different when they are 20/50/100 pounds heavier/lighter. A friend of mine saw me and chased me down wanting to say 'hi', she had to tell me who she was since I didn't recognize her (she had gained about 75 lbs)

Maybe you have changed your looks so much that suddenly this guy started noticing you.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the OP has her own personal standards for being attracted to men? Just about everyone does. Assuming (deep breath) that your hunch is even remotely accurate, why is he not allowed to have his own standards? :flowerforyou:
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

Has the dude even talked to you!?!?
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options

But he doesn't KNOW you, then when you were heavier, or now! Besides, it's been proven that when we're physically active, we produce endorphins that result in more energy, happier moods, etc, etc, etc, so it stands to reason that since you've been working out and losing weight, you're most likely feeling better about yourself, giving off a more positive energy, and probably projecting a more positive attitude = why wouldn't someone be attracted to that? It has nothing to do with the person you are = he doesn't know that person. Yet. If you give him a chance.

on top of that, there are reasons that we have become, as a species, drawn and attracted to certain physical traits. it's not shallow in most cases, but an indication of values. the OP has added value to her attraction, and others can see it...this whole thing just drives me batty to think HE is shallow because he wasn't attracted to someone he found less attractive.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

I also agree with that above. When I was heavier I was very shy and kept to myself. avoided eye contact with others. self confidence was non-exsistent. now I feel better and my shyness is alot less as well.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I think it was when you were heavier you weren't nearly as funny or charming. Now that you've lost weight he can tell and is really attracted to your personality.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I think you should just smile and take it as a compliment and go about your business.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    You need to relax and be happy luv, if you don't like him then move on. You are spending too much time on this when it is obvious you are not impressed.

There will be more men, if you find in a few weeks he is sweet and you do like him then go for it. Don't make too much of a thing over little things that don't matter. How comfortable and happy he makes you feel is the most important thing :flowerforyou:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

on top of that, there are reasons that we have become, as a species, drawn and attracted to certain physical traits. it's not shallow in most cases, but an indication of values. the OP has added value to her attraction, and others can see it...this whole thing just drives me batty to think HE is shallow because he wasn't attracted to someone he found less attractive.

exactly. we are drawn to fit mates. and to the OP maybe the guy enjoys an active lifestyle. and while you were fat he knew he wouldnt be able to have that with you. but now that you are in better shape...
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Now I just feel like he's taking notice because i've dropped some weight.

So what?

It is true that opposites attract but not nearly as much as shared goals and values. People want to be around people like them. Most of us are narcissistic on some level.

You've dropped some weight and he probably identifies with you more and finds you more attractive.That's the way things generally go.

Welcome to the club. Your key to the executive washroom is being cut.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    General consensus so far-
    Be happy he finds you attractive and shows interest

There are tons of people out there that havent had that luxury, or used to have that luxury and no longer do..

^^^This.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    maybe you just had a booger and he was staring at it. ****!