You wouldn't dat eme when I was fat... why should I date n

Options

Replies

• anissaek
    anissaek Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't overthink it. Enjoy the attention if it's working for you... ;-)
  • MILICA1986
    MILICA1986 Posts: 172
    Options
    because this new found attraction is only skin deep. I am still the exact same person I was before losing weight has not affected my personalitly in the least. I always thought I was sexy and attractive, Perhaps this is why it bothers me so much.

Then, he should be tied up to a radiator! That sounds like the only reasonable thing to me!
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Firstly, unless I'm missing something, I think your title is somewhat misleading. There's no suggestion that he wants to date you. He's having a good look. He likes the view. Take that as a compliment. He doesn't know you, never spoken to you, for all you know, he's married and just likes looking at fit girls at the gym. Or he might just want to get you in the sack. but either way, there's no suggestion that dating is on the cards.

That given, there's no reason to be offended that he didn't find you attractive before. People like what they like. Can you honestly tell me that you would find [insert name of most lusted over celebrity here] as attractive if they gained X amount of pounds? If you think you can answer yes, you're deluding yourself, because whatever you think, it's not their personality you're attracted to.

So, long answer short, enjoy the fact that he finds you attractive, if you want to find a way to see if he likes you as a person as well, then do so, if not, just carry on with whatever you were doing before.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Now I just feel like he's taking notice because i've dropped some weight.

So what?

It is true that opposites attract but not nearly as much as shared goals and values. People want to be around people like them. Most of us are narcissistic on some level.

You've dropped some weight and he probably identifies with you more and finds you more attractive.That's the way things generally go.

Welcome to the club. Your key to the executive washroom is being cut.

This!
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I get a lot more attention now that I did two months ago since I've lost weight.

No complaints. Why? Women are beautiful!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I get a lot more attention now that I did two months ago since I've lost weight.

No complaints. Why? Women are beautiful!

I get a lot more attention now too. I like it... a lot.... Men are awesome too! :)
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. For the sake of argument let's assume he's attracted to you. Let's also assume that he wasn't before. Both of these assumptions are mostly baseless since we haven't heard from him, fyi.

With that in mind, I have to say that we're all allowed to have our own ideas of what's physically attractive. Someone oogling you now that you've dropped some weight isn't an insult to the version of you that had a few extra pounds.

Be your fabulous self and don't read too much into things.
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options

because this new found attraction is only skin deep. I am still the exact same person I was before losing weight has not affected my personalitly in the least. I always thought I was sexy and attractive, Perhaps this is why it bothers me so much.

You're still the same person? Really? I've definitely grown as a person throughout this entire process. Additionally, if he's been "seeing" you bust your @$$ at the gym MAYBE it's POSSIBLE that he thinks your inspiring and finds your determination attractive?

OR the KISS answer is: When you look different people notice. Don't see how that's a bad thing.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    People need to stop kidding themselves. No one person in particular.
    But we are human beings. We are animals.
    If you've never talked to someone before, isn't the very first thing that attracts you to them their looks?
    I mean, really. Let's just be honest here. There are a lot of people who do not find an overweight person attractive.
    We even criticize ourselves when we are overweight and say that we don't feel sexy. Or we don't feel attractive.
    It's just human nature to want someone who seems healthy.
    My two cents.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    maybe you just had a booger and he was staring at it. ****!

Facebook-Like-Button-big.jpg
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options

Uh oh. I think this graphic will become a trend here. lol
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options

:blushing:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I don't know about everyone else, but I'm way hotter now that I'm smaller, and I don't blame anyone for taking notice now. :smile:
  • boomboom011
    Options
    I don't know about everyone else, but I'm way hotter now that I'm smaller, and I don't blame anyone for taking notice now. :smile:

Amen to that!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

Uh oh. I think this graphic will become a trend here. lol

This one is better :tongue:

like-bra-2.jpg
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    WAH WAH WAH. I'm so sick of people WHINING about being found attractive.

PS- Let's say the first time you see Joe, he's dirty and on a street corner begging for money. A few weeks later, you meet a well-groomed millionaire named Joe.

How's the shoe feel when it's on the other foot?
  • boomboom011
    Options
    WAH WAH WAH. I'm so sick of people WHINING about being found attractive.

PS- Let's say the first time you see Joe, he's dirty and on a street corner begging for money. A few weeks later, you meet a well-groomed millionaire named Joe.

How's the shoe feel when it's on the other foot?

ooooh burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    P.S. love it!
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Okay I have a rant. I go to a male dominanted gym only because it's close to home. I go i do my thing and i leave. I am not there to pick up guys or socialize. there are plenty of skinny fat girls wearing lulus and a ton of makeup for the hot bods to oogle.

The last couple of days i notice that this guy, who is very attractive probably early to mid 30s, Is always there at the same time as me. He stares at me and uses machines close to mine. I smile and go about my business, He has been going there since I started and never gave me the time of day before, when I would maybe see him once a week. Now I just feel like he's taking notice because i've dropped some weight. Should i be flattered or am i right to be a little preturbed by this new found attention?

Maybe he noticed your progress and is secretly proud.

Or maybe your boobs hit your chin when you bounce.

Without the Enell, mine certainly would... And if I were a man, I'd stare at that too.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Im going to be really blunt here but most people are not attracted to people who are overweight. Even most of us on here are not happy with the way we looked and that is why we are trying to make changes. Why would you expect others to not feel the same. You can say you are the same person on the inside but even that is probably not true. We change as we feel better or worse about ourselves.

There was a recent post I saw on here about man crushes. I saw that vast majority of people posting pictures of really fit or at least thin celebs. It is just the way it is. Be comfortable with yourself, be happy with your effort to become more healthy and look better and appreciate that others take notice of the changes.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    hmmm. people still say "Burn!!!!" ?