New Black Team WEEK 1

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    HI JEANNIE!!!!!!! :laugh:

Hi Vanessa, Renae, Zara....yipes...hope I didn't miss anyone.

My hands are freezing...can't type!!!

Just ran 3 miles for the first time since surgery-- wooooo--

I'm Marla, by the way.
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Hi Jeannie!!! I'm really happy to see a lot of people that were on the black team when I left are still here! You guys are great!
  • Vanessa414
    Wow, Marla, that's great!! If you don't mind me asking, what kind of surgery did you have? I wish I could run 3 miles ... or 1 would be nice...:grumble:

Seriously, someone should tell me where to get cool smileys... :flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member

I'm Marla, by the way.

Go Marla! Go Marla! :flowerforyou:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member

I'm Marla, by the way.

Whoo hoo...way to go!
  • Girlmom282109
    Wow, Marla, that's great!! If you don't mind me asking, what kind of surgery did you have? I wish I could run 3 miles ... or 1 would be nice...:grumble:

When I started this team I was walking at 3.5 and thought that was to fast. Now I won't get off the treadmill until I have done at least 3 miles. At least 4 days a week.

You can do this!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member

www.pic4ever.com & www.freesmileys.org are 2 good ones.
  • laniirvin
    laniirvin Posts: 94
    Hi, I am Leilani, I pledged 15pounds. Thank goodness I started the calorie burn today.lol. I burned 300 calories. I think everyone will be able to do it! I have faith, if I can do 3 miles a day at 261 pounds anyone can. Also, did anyone see Jerry on the biggest loser. He is a major inspiration to all of us. It was amazing. Good luck to everyone! Leilani
  • Vanessa414

www.pic4ever.com & www.freesmileys.org are 2 good ones.

Great, thank you so much!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    I saved those sites too! Thanks!
  • Vanessa414
    Thanks, Sam. I don't have a treadmill so I'm going to start going for walks at least 4 nights a week. I think that'll be a good start.
  • Vanessa414
    Hi Leilani, nice to meet you!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    What a great bunch!
    I totally missed the burn 200 calories part of the challenge the first time I read it.
    I burned 1247 today so am I good until next monday?
    LOL :laugh:

Marla-WTG on getting the 3 miles in. My running inspiration is back up and going! woohoo!!!
    For anyone who thinks you can't run. Keep working on it and you can do it! I am on the last week of the couch to 5k program and I cant believe I have made it this far. We are all stronger than we think!

and Jeannie... I am a black teamoholic too and I gotta tell ya, this is one addiction I plan on keeping!

:drinker:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    I am gonna get on your addictions!!!! I am so ready for this thing to work!!!! I look forward to hanging out with you all and losing some of this unwanted weight!
  • loreeb18
    I totally missed the burn 200 calories part of the challenge the first time I read it.

:huh: Starting the competitive-ness already, are we? :laugh:
  • Vanessa414
    Andrew,

What is the couch to 5K program? is it an MFP thing? I'm definitely interested.
  • Tri_Dad

:huh: Starting the competitive-ness already, are we? :laugh:

Lori... I know we have alot of new peeps but I'm pretty sure we've met.
    :wink:
  • loreeb18
    Okay, I have a dumb question for all you runners. I walk with Harley in her stroller several times a week - weather permitting - and I can go for an hour to an hour and a half, no problem. But if I try to run (like when we got caught in the rain the other week) I get about 2 houses before I feel like I'm about to die. To run, do you guys start walking and increase your speed until you're in a run? Or do you start running short distances and increase how far you run?
  • Girlmom282109
    What a great bunch!

Marla-WTG on getting the 3 miles in. My running inspiration is back up and going! woohoo!!!
    For anyone who thinks you can't run. Keep working on it and you can do it! I am on the last week of the couch to 5k program and I cant believe I have made it this far. We are all stronger than we think!

and Jeannie... I am a black teamoholic too and I gotta tell ya, this is one addiction I plan on keeping!

:drinker:

Negative batman!! you get more!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Andrew,

What is the couch to 5K program? is it an MFP thing? I'm definitely interested.

here ya go!

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
This discussion has been closed.