New Black Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I don't know if I'm just not co-ordinated or what. Dave and I took Harley and the dogs to a park a couple weekends ago. We walked over 3 miles easily. Then when we got to the last 1/4 mile, Dave said he'd race me. I started running and I felt like my arms were over here and my legs were over there and all my joints were made of jell-o. :laugh: It was bad. I'd like to run but I feel like a rag doll and I wondered how to work into it.

Try walking for 1 minute jogging for 30 seconds walk jog walk jog then once your good with that up it to 45 seconds.

It's supposed to be warm and not rainy tomorrow so I'll have to give that a try. Today when Harley and I were walking, it was all warm and sunny and I was feeling good. Then a couple ran by. The girl was all cute in her matching workout pants and tank top looking all in shape running past us like it was nothing. Kinda made me feel blah like I wish I could look like that running down the road. So now I want to try.

Oh and btw,

Thought I should mention that though your buttons are my absolute FAVORITE buttons to push (Though I do love me some Marla buttin pushing) Your amazing and you will look great running down the road. Just listen to sam. she's a smart lady.

:flowerforyou:
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Well, it's time to work out and burn of those damn cookies. Then bed time! Talk to you all tomorrow!!!!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Andrew, that's funny. I used to say things like: "I don't run unless a rabid dog chases me". Or "I don't run unless someone is going to beat me to the last donut".

Dave used to say "There are 2 kinds of people. Those that run and those that you run from. I am the kind that you run from." :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Just listen to sam. she's a smart lady.

Aww Shucks!!! :smooched: :smooched:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Well, it's time to work out and burn of those damn cookies. Then bed time! Talk to you all tomorrow!!!!

Night!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Night!

night!
  • loreeb18
    Options
    In just over 2 hours = 86 posts

Go black team! We can talk like nobody's business! :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Wow, Marla, that's great!! If you don't mind me asking, what kind of surgery did you have? I wish I could run 3 miles ... or 1 would be nice...:grumble:

Seriously, someone should tell me where to get cool smileys... :flowerforyou:

Hi Vanessa--

I had my gall bladder out-- you can run-- just start slowly. If I can, anyone can!!
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    OK I'm only back because I had to tell you guys that I just worked out for the 2nd time in 6 months (the last time was 3 months ago) and like an idiot I went for Biggest Loser Bootcamp and it beat the crap out of me. I injured my lower back 2 months ago and holy crap my muscles were spasming. I burned my 200 calories in only 15 minutes and now I'm drenched in sweat and crazy shaky. I keep hitting the wrong keys because my hands have minds of their own right now.

And you have no idea how amazing I feel right now!!! I know its not an incredible feat by any means, but I did it. I didn't want to and I did it anyway and it feels amazing.

I didn't realized that I missed the tingly feeling your face gets when its all red and the sweat is drying on it.

This is me right now: smiley-dance005.gif

Actually... I think I might throw up...

Update: i did throw up.
  • ToniAnn45
    ToniAnn45 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to get this going. I pledge 10 pounds. I might pledge 15 if I someone would tell me a time frame. Burned 512 calories today walking & Spin Cycling at the gym.

YEA BLACK TEAM!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    OK I'm only back because I had to tell you guys that I just worked out for the 2nd time in 6 months (the last time was 3 months ago) and like an idiot I went for Biggest Loser Bootcamp and it beat the crap out of me. I injured my lower back 2 months ago and holy crap my muscles were spasming. I burned my 200 calories in only 15 minutes and now I'm drenched in sweat and crazy shaky. I keep hitting the wrong keys because my hands have minds of their own right now.

And you have no idea how amazing I feel right now!!! I know its not an incredible feat by any means, but I did it. I didn't want to and I did it anyway and it feels amazing.

I didn't realized that I missed the tingly feeling your face gets when its all red and the sweat is drying on it.

This is me right now: smiley-dance005.gif

Actually... I think I might throw up...

Update: i did throw up.

Uh-- not sure the throwing up part is good??

But, I'm glad you exercised!!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    my name is Lisa

cals burned today was 706 I did 1 hr and 40 mins at the gym today
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    Im glad to know I'm not the only one!! My daughter thinks I'm crazy because I couldn't stop blubbering!:sad:

Kristina
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    One thing I think really helped our team to be close, was to learn and use each other's real names. May we do that again?

Lynnie
    Who keeps crying watching BL.

Im glad to know I'm not the only one!! My daughter thinks I'm crazy because I couldn't stop blubbering!

:sad:

Kristina
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    well, looks like i'll be burning 200 calories today too.. :grumble: I just couldn't leave those cookies alone.

Anyone a baseball fan? I'm a huge Twins fan and I'm excited to report that we're up by 4 in the 4th inning against the division leaders (Detroit Tigers). In case anyone cares... :bigsmile:

By the way, where do you guys get all the awesome smileys???

Vanessa & I are no longer friends. :indifferent:

Please not the old English D on my head. tsk tsk. And to think I used to like you. :wink: :laugh:

n1127083355_30108076_7168.jpg
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    HI JEANNIE!!!!!!! :laugh:

Hi Vanessa, Renae, Zara....yipes...hope I didn't miss anyone.

My hands are freezing...can't type!!!

Just ran 3 miles for the first time since surgery-- wooooo--

I'm Marla, by the way.

YAY! WTG, woman! :drinker: Back up to it already, huh? You are my running inspiration! *hugs*
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I totally missed the burn 200 calories part of the challenge the first time I read it.
    I burned 1247 today so am I good until next monday?
    LOL :laugh:

:huh: Starting the competitive-ness already, are we? :laugh:

He's unstoppable, Lori. :grumble: Boys. Geesh. (I burned 1000 already this week so I plan on going to the gym & burning 1500 more just to beat him! BWAHAHAHA!!!! Well...not really...but it sounded good :bigsmile:)
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Okay, hello to all the new teammates! :drinker: My name is Sara, but these folks like to call me Beans which makes me all gooey inside. :bigsmile: :heart:

My new personal challenge to myself is to figure out how my weight got back up after I saw goal...for exactly 24 hours...I saw goal...then POOF...it was gone. :grumble: Now, after vacation, I'm looking at an uuuuugly number (plus, TOM blah blah blah). SO, to stay true to myself, get back on board, be a productive member of the black team...I am putting my ticker back up with revised goal. I was at 145 for a day, but my new goal is 140. *sigh* Okay, that's enough blubbering. Gotta go hit the showers (and the scale). I won't hit it too hard, though...don't wanna break it. :bigsmile:

Where are Janie & Bobbi?
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    OH! (b/c I don't think y'all have heard me yap yap yap enough yet...). I picked out my 5K race. It is in mid-August so I have about 12 weeks to train for it. My bff is running with me & we discussed "training tactics" all day yesterday :laugh: I was doing an exhaustion test on the treadmill yesterday, but got interrupted 1.25 miles in b/c T was screaming in the playroom. :grumble: Looked at Couch-to-5K and I'm sitting at about Week6, Day2. I'm going to try another exhaustion test today (if I can get to the gym) and see where that leaves me. I'm running about a 10 minute mile right now & would love to have that number down before August. Okay, okay...blah blah blah is over.

OH! Another thing for you running folk. If you want to start running outside, but don't know how far things are: mapmywalk.com. I was able to plot out a 3.4 mile loop through my village so now I know how far things are & I don't have to guess anymore! TADA!

I'm sure I'll be back in 5 minutes or less to yap about something else. :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    well, looks like i'll be burning 200 calories today too.. :grumble: I just couldn't leave those cookies alone.

Anyone a baseball fan? I'm a huge Twins fan and I'm excited to report that we're up by 4 in the 4th inning against the division leaders (Detroit Tigers). In case anyone cares... :bigsmile:

By the way, where do you guys get all the awesome smileys???

Vanessa & I are no longer friends. :indifferent:

Please not the old English D on my head. tsk tsk. And to think I used to like you. :wink: :laugh:

n1127083355_30108076_7168.jpg

Oh Em GEE!!! You guys are just kissable. That T is just...............well edible, but everything is edible, thats why I am here!!

:smooched: :smooched: :smooched: