New Black Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have a dumb question for all you runners. I walk with Harley in her stroller several times a week - weather permitting - and I can go for an hour to an hour and a half, no problem. But if I try to run (like when we got caught in the rain the other week) I get about 2 houses before I feel like I'm about to die. To run, do you guys start walking and increase your speed until you're in a run? Or do you start running short distances and increase how far you run?

Walk until you can run!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    What a great bunch!
    I totally missed the burn 200 calories part of the challenge the first time I read it.
    I burned 1247 today so am I good until next monday?
    LOL :laugh:

Marla-WTG on getting the 3 miles in. My running inspiration is back up and going! woohoo!!!
    For anyone who thinks you can't run. Keep working on it and you can do it! I am on the last week of the couch to 5k program and I cant believe I have made it this far. We are all stronger than we think!

and Jeannie... I am a black teamoholic too and I gotta tell ya, this is one addiction I plan on keeping!

:drinker:

Negative batman!! you get more!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dang it!

Yes Ma'am
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I totally missed the burn 200 calories part of the challenge the first time I read it.

:huh: Starting the competitive-ness already, are we? :laugh:

Lori... I know we have alot of new peeps but I'm pretty sure we've met.
    :wink:

smiley-greet013.gif Hi, my name is Lori. I didn't catch yours. What did you say your name was again? :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

smiley-greet013.gif Hi, my name is Lori. I didn't catch yours. What did you say your name was again? :laugh:

The Name's Andrew- Know to the black team as batman and known to lori as way too competetive.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Andrew,

What is the couch to 5K program? is it an MFP thing? I'm definitely interested.

here ya go!

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Thanks! cancan.gif

Sweet, my first cool smiley!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have a dumb question for all you runners. I walk with Harley in her stroller several times a week - weather permitting - and I can go for an hour to an hour and a half, no problem. But if I try to run (like when we got caught in the rain the other week) I get about 2 houses before I feel like I'm about to die. To run, do you guys start walking and increase your speed until you're in a run? Or do you start running short distances and increase how far you run?

Walk until you can run!!

I started out walking. Then one day I decided...I'll bet I can run to that phone pole. Then I walked the rest of the day. Next day I decided. I'm going to run to that first pole, then walk, then run to the next pole. Soon I was running to a pole, then walking, then running, then walking. Next I ran two poles in a row, walked, ran, walked. And so on.
  • loreeb18
    Options

The Name's Andrew- Know to the black team as batman and known to lori as way too competetive.

:laugh:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Thanks! cancan.gif
    Sweet, my first cool smiley!

Oh, man, looks like another smiley addict. :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    Options

Walk until you can run!!

I started out walking. Then one day I decided...I'll bet I can run to that phone pole. Then I walked the rest of the day. Next day I decided. I'm going to run to that first pole, then walk, then run to the next pole. Soon I was running to a pole, then walking, then running, then walking. Next I ran two poles in a row, walked, ran, walked. And so on.

I don't know if I'm just not co-ordinated or what. Dave and I took Harley and the dogs to a park a couple weekends ago. We walked over 3 miles easily. Then when we got to the last 1/4 mile, Dave said he'd race me. I started running and I felt like my arms were over here and my legs were over there and all my joints were made of jell-o. :laugh: It was bad. I'd like to run but I feel like a rag doll and I wondered how to work into it.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    for all you new black teamers let me just show you what the black team has done for me.

this is me in January
    Untitled-2.jpg

this is me yesterday
    DSC05908.jpg

Good luck to everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Sam you look amazing and you have been such a great team leader. You've done as much for the black team as the team has done for you.

Warm, Fuzzy hug
    (I forgot to shave my pits)
    Lynnie
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

Walk until you can run!!

I don't know if I'm just not co-ordinated or what. Dave and I took Harley and the dogs to a park a couple weekends ago. We walked over 3 miles easily. Then when we got to the last 1/4 mile, Dave said he'd race me. I started running and I felt like my arms were over here and my legs were over there and all my joints were made of jell-o. :laugh: It was bad. I'd like to run but I feel like a rag doll and I wondered how to work into it.

OH EM GEE Lori,

Now I keep imagining you running like this guy....

Kermit.jpg

Lori runs like a friggin muppet.
    That's Hillarious!

• Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Way to go Sam!! You're HOT!!!!!!:love:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

Try walking for 1 minute jogging for 30 seconds walk jog walk jog then once your good with that up it to 45 seconds.
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Sam - You look fantabulous! :flowerforyou:

Andrew - :laugh: Just picture Kermit running, pushing a jogging stroller.
  • loreeb18
    Options

Try walking for 1 minute jogging for 30 seconds walk jog walk jog then once your good with that up it to 45 seconds.

It's supposed to be warm and not rainy tomorrow so I'll have to give that a try. Today when Harley and I were walking, it was all warm and sunny and I was feeling good. Then a couple ran by. The girl was all cute in her matching workout pants and tank top looking all in shape running past us like it was nothing. Kinda made me feel blah like I wish I could look like that running down the road. So now I want to try.
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

I'm gonna try to say something constructive this time, but it will most likely end up being useless.

Sound to me like the running your describing is the kind of running someone does when being chased my a murderer or bear. Might have been because you were racing. Start off slow so you can focus on what those wacky limbs are doing. And remember there is nothing chasing you :wink:
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Andrew, that's funny. I used to say things like: "I don't run unless a rabid dog chases me". Or "I don't run unless someone is going to beat me to the last donut".
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

It's supposed to be warm and not rainy tomorrow so I'll have to give that a try. Today when Harley and I were walking, it was all warm and sunny and I was feeling good. Then a couple ran by. The girl was all cute in her matching workout pants and tank top looking all in shape running past us like it was nothing. Kinda made me feel blah like I wish I could look like that running down the road. So now I want to try.

Lori don't feel bad that is the exact reason I don't run outside!:ohwell:
  • loreeb18
    Options

I'm gonna try to say something constructive this time, but it will most likely end up being useless.

Sound to me like the running your describing is the kind of running someone does when being chased my a murderer or bear. Might have been because you were racing. Start off slow so you can focus on what those wacky limbs are doing. And remember there is nothing chasing you :wink:

Oh, you mean that wasn't a bear behind me? Must have been a Chihuahua. They're easy to mix up, you know. :laugh:

Seriously though, thanks for the advice black-teamers. I'll give it a try tomorrow.