New Black Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• ToniAnn45
    ToniAnn45 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I guess I should tell everyone my name, lol. My name is Chantelle, I pledged to lose 15 lbs. Now I need to figure out what I can do today to burn 200 calories. Any ideas?

Do you have any aerobics DVD's? 30 min. would burn around 200 cal.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Marla.. and stop posting.. you have typing to finish.. :wink: :wink:

I am having serious motivation challenges today - not for exercising or eating right - but for work.. Just can't seem to get my head in the game a work lately.. Could be the constant changing of management and expectations, the overwhelming concern that the company may decide to get rid of my position, or the fact that I have so much to do, that I can't even figure out where to start..

And so I post on the message boards..

OK, my rant is done for today - off to edit some really nasty writing. I try to put my old med writing job behind me, but it is very difficult to review a management plan that is written so horribly. What are they teaching in English these days??

OK, now my second rant is over.. I have a great swim workout planned for today, and got in a really good ride on my new (borrowed) horse yesterday (between the thunderstorms) - so I should be OK for 200 calories for yesterday and today.

Hang in there peeps.. Janie
  • janiebeth
    Options
    I guess I should tell everyone my name, lol. My name is Chantelle, I pledged to lose 15 lbs. Now I need to figure out what I can do today to burn 200 calories. Any ideas?

An energetic 45 minute walk would probably do it.. as long as you are not in the mid-West where the T-storms are breaking..
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    okay-- official start weight-- 170 -- up 1.5 from last week-- blinkin' water-- :grumble:

Later, cats!

I'll pledge later! It'll be 10, which will get me to goal.

:heart: :heart: :smooched: :smooched: you all!
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    well, looks like i'll be burning 200 calories today too.. :grumble: I just couldn't leave those cookies alone.

Anyone a baseball fan? I'm a huge Twins fan and I'm excited to report that we're up by 4 in the 4th inning against the division leaders (Detroit Tigers). In case anyone cares... :bigsmile:

By the way, where do you guys get all the awesome smileys???

I know this is late and the game is over, but I care!! I am a Tiger fan so GO TIGERS!! So how did the game end up??

I am so up for this challenge!! I can't wait to get started!!!! Going to pledge right now!!

Jenni

*sigh* My new BFF :love:

:laugh:

Tigers lost last night, but don't tell Vanessa that. If she asks, the Twins took a beating. :bigsmile:
    Sounds good to me!!!

MUAHAHAHA, You can't fool me! I was watching it during the BL commercials last night.

Thats right. We're only TWO behind now.. and two games left to play in this series.... We're creepin up on ya! WATCH OUT!!!

... And to think.. the Twins are a second half of the season team....

Teeheehee. :flowerforyou:
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Good morning fellow Black Teamers and NEW Black Teamers!! Wow, these threads are really moving:laugh: The more the merrier, right?:happy:
    Ok, for this first weeks challenge...I pledged to lose 20 lbs, which I hope will be ok because Im not real sure WHEN this summer it ends? I pledged the last time too, but I think its great that they are extending it thru the summer.
    As for the calorie burn per day part, I dont expect to have a problem with that at all because I have been shooting for at least a 400 cal burn per day anyway for about the past 8 weeks:tongue: So, heres to a new Black Team with new goals, new challenges and new friends!!:drinker:
    Have a wonderful day everyone, Im off to go "play" in the rain for my walk/jog today...lovely weather around here today:grumble:
    ~Roni
    P.S. Hey Marla...I wish I was you:blushing: :wink: I wanna be a runner like Marla!:drinker: :laugh:

I pledged 20 lbs too. We're gonna make it for sure!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Samantha you are looking awesome!!! Keep it up girl!

thanks! I'm trying to get under 170 by the middle of july. Lets hope I can do it!
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    well, looks like i'll be burning 200 calories today too.. :grumble: I just couldn't leave those cookies alone.

Anyone a baseball fan? I'm a huge Twins fan and I'm excited to report that we're up by 4 in the 4th inning against the division leaders (Detroit Tigers). In case anyone cares... :bigsmile:

I know this is late and the game is over, but I care!! I am a Tiger fan so GO TIGERS!! So how did the game end up??

I am so up for this challenge!! I can't wait to get started!!!! Going to pledge right now!!

Jenni

Tigers lost last night, but don't tell Vanessa that. If she asks, the Twins took a beating. :bigsmile:
    Sounds good to me!!!

MUAHAHAHA, You can't fool me! I was watching it during the BL commercials last night.

Thats right. We're only TWO behind now.. and two games left to play in this series.... We're creepin up on ya! WATCH OUT!!!

I just hope the Tigers don't blow it like last year!!!:sad: I've been a Tiger fan my whole life and I am so glad to see them do better and there is no better team to beat than the Twins!!! Hee Hee! Go TIGERS!!!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I am in the right place, right? lol, I think this is the team I joined.

My name is Annaliza (pronounced anna-lisa). I pledged 15 lbs and I'm pretty sure I can do it.

Are we supposed to PM our weight check in (which for me didnt change one bit since I weighed myself two days ago and nothing changed much - well, a -.07 difference but I think that's being nit picky LOL

I only got to work out for 45 mins today because I woke up late :ohwell: so I'll probably try to do a little bit after work...maybe take the kids on a wagon ride. I live in the mountains in WV (my house is actually on the side of the mountain) so it's a pretty good workout when I drag the kids around. I did manage to burn about 400 cals this morning in my workout.

I just got my HRM yesterday so I'm really stoked about it. I've been wearing it all around today! Man I love it. I'm such a gadget girl lol, go go gadget girl!
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    I'll give you Tiger fans a scouting report on the two pitchers you're facing today and tomorrow..

Today: Perkins - he's ok. He was doing really well at the end of the season last year, but he's kind of unremarkable this year so far. I hope he can start hitting his spots, but we'll see - you probably have a good chance of winning against him.

Tomorrow: Baker - GREAT. The first few games this year were a little rocky, but in his last start he went 7 shut out innings vs Seattle and the start before that he had 6 hitless innings against Kansas City. So I hope your hitters are on!

Tonight and tomorrow just got that much more exciting for me. Lol
  • janiebeth
    Options

Jenni

Sounds good to me!!!

OH BOY!! Me thinks it will be an energetic baseball season on this team...

Go RED SOX!!

Janie
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Samantha you are looking awesome!!! Keep it up girl!

thanks! I'm trying to get under 170 by the middle of july. Lets hope I can do it!
    You can do this girl! Keep it up!!!!
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Sigh,

Is anyone ever on here on the weekends? I'm going to need alot of support because I've decided to give up drinking and spare myself the 3000 calories a week that is my alcohol habit. I haven't NOT drank on the weekend for almost 2 years now, so it'll be a toughy for me especially if we have friends over.

Maybe I'll get some Mikes light and just sip it so that I feel like I'm a part of the party...

Anyone have suggestions on how to deal with this kind of situation?

Thanks!!! :bigsmile:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    THERE WILL BE NO MORE TALK OF THE TIGERS OR THE TWINS OR THOSE STINKY SOX (even though that Jacoby Ellsbury is awefully cute) THE ONLY TALK HERE WILL BE OF HOW GREAT THE METS ARE!!! AND NOT GREAT AT STINKING BUT HOW THEY CAME BACK TO WIN IT LAST NIGHT!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :wink: :wink: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    THERE WILL BE NO MORE TALK OF THE TIGERS OR THE TWINS OR THOSE STINKY SOX (even though that Jacoby Ellsbury is awefully cute) THE ONLY TALK HERE WILL BE OF HOW GREAT THE METS ARE!!! AND NOT GREAT AT STINKING BUT HOW THEY CAME BACK TO WIN IT LAST NIGHT!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :wink: :wink: :laugh: :laugh:

Psh. Mets. :sick:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

ALSO ANYONE TALKING BAD ABOUT THE METS WILL HAVE AN EXTRA 2000 CALORIES A WEEK THAT THEY MUST BURN!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Vanessa414
    Options

ALSO ANYONE TALKING BAD ABOUT THE METS WILL HAVE AN EXTRA 2000 CALORIES A WEEK THAT THEY MUST BURN!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I actually dont care about the Mets. We never play them... :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    LET'S GO METS!! LET'S GO METS!!! LET'S GO METS!!!!

My kids are Yankees fans-- ??? WTH? So we never see a Mets game. BUT, this weekend when hub's uncle was here, he's a Mets fan and it was SO NICE to see a Mets game again--

Told my kids to come watch a "real basketball team." Yankees stink this year-- that's what they get for dissing Mr. Torre.

However, I haven't had interest in baseball since the last strike-- plus, they're all a bunch of *kitten*-- "ooh, I pulled an eyelash, put me on the 15 day disabled list."

Man up, people!!!!! :noway:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    this is the New Black Team! If you have a zero by your name I need you start weight.
    3babybeans-0:smile:
    4real-169
    AmandaJ-0:smile:
    angie2009-255
    annaliza-187
    aprilstamant-249
    bohlon15-178
    csnealey-210
    emsmom2009-294.6
    familygirl37167-0:smile:
    fearlessliving-154.5
    janiebeth-194.2
    jimswmn-0:smile:
    juliebean 1027-263.8
    K2T4e2n6 -55
    kath1804-0:smile:
    krhbutte-255
    ksproston-133
    laniirvin-261
    leckel-154
    leshawnturner-252
    lisarillen-123.8
    loreeb18-125.6
    lynniejones -146
    maiasmommy-168
    marla64-170
    msmichael -159.6
    MTGirl-199.4
    Musicmom04-163
    nicolet04-169
    Nonibug-240.4
    nwfamilygal-181
    otcarlson-0:smile:
    owensmommy-219
    renae77-176.4
    satellitecrush80-0:smile:
    searchingthehours-169
    shadowpaws-0:smile:
    sniffles-0:smile:
    spyguy7540-223
    supersarah79-180.5
    SwSe86-223.5
    tattoo_pauly-221.6
    tetheredheart-156
    thin4payton -235
    tofuheart-188
    ToniAnn45-165
    TRLTAMPA-0:smile:
    Zara11-150
    zipflipnflutter-238
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Told my kids to come watch a "real basketball team." Yankees stink this year-- that's what they get for dissing Mr. Torre.

"Wondering if your kids told you you were watching baseball not basketball?" :wink: :laugh: :laugh: