"If it's less than 30 minutes, don't log it."

Options

Replies

• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I think that's silly. HIIT workouts like the Tabata method is often as short as 4 minutes, yet you burn a lot of calories, and they're very effective for weight loss and endurance training. If this person's logic applies, then we shouldn't log bites we take that aren't part of a full meal, yes?

Edited: burn a lot of* calories.

This, i do a lot of it :)

Bahaha, I think we all do. It's only human.
  • mzjandiace
    mzjandiace Posts: 162
    Options
    My Doc said movement is movement no matter how long you do it!
  • dancarlson22
    Options
    Absolutely wrong... I'm sure most people agree that you should log ANY exercise you do. Example: I run around my lake everyday which is 2.4 miles and I do it in usually 17-20 minutes. I burn an average of 250 calories which in my eyes is worth logging. Hope this helps!
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    I personally think its crazy not to log your exercise, but like everyone says, you choose the way you want to use her page,however, you should respect the way that she uses hers as well! That is just THIS GUYS opinion!
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I log everything.... if I climb the stairs for 2 minutes... I log it!
  • carholl
    carholl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If I followed that logic, I wouldn't be here!
  • trinitymel1982
    Options
    I can sometimes only fit in 10/15min at a time but I can sometimes fit that in 4/5 times a day not loging that would be silly it sometimes adds up to 650 or even 800cal ! and some people can only manage 10 min at a time, due to there fitness lvl. because to someone who is fit its ONLY 10 min that dose not apply to everyone !
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I have a personal rule of not logging walks and house chores shorter than 30 minutes, figure that should be part of my every day thing. That's not to say I have any right to say others shouldn't log it, and as others have pointed out it *does* count for calories *and* health benefits. I'm just too lazy to keep track of exactly how long it takes me to walk this or that way :P
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Tabata style workouts are great!

Prime examples of some short intense workouts:

http://www.bodyrock.tv/
    ZWOW workouts on Youtube

Tell that chick to try some of these workouts, and then see if she'll be singing a different song!

I say we make her complete these until she reaches 30 mins... or passes out. Whichever comes first.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking some people here can't do 30 minutes of exercise at a stretch when they start out. Log what you can do and keep building up! I've long heard that, for heart health, cardio needs to be sustained for 20-30 minutes, but some people have to work up to that. Whoever said not to log less than 30 minutes was out of line.
  • suzie43
    suzie43 Posts: 13
    Options
    She has obviously never done a HIIT workout! She doesn't know her *kitten* from a hole in the ground. ;)
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    THIS
    Who made them boss of your tracker?
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I walk on my breaks and my lunch, 15-min. for breaks and 30 for my lunch...like a brisk walk, and I log each of them seperately, I wear my HRM....and just because it isn't 30 minutes at 1 time doesn't mean it doesn't count:)
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    If you are moving (in ANY WAY)...log it!

I get flack for logging cleaning.......however....these people have NO CLUE how hard I clean, AND it's not something I do every day! I am not your wham, bam, thank you ma'am kind of cleaner. I am moving heavy furniture around, my vacuum weighs a LOT (it's a Rainbow..with the water reservoir)...and my house is 1900 square feet with pretty much ALL wood floors! Then I have to mop those massive floors, and that takes at least 45 minutes to do! I also am on my hands and knees, scrubbing bathroom floors....and I have to climb inside my corner jet tub to clean it...which is a MAJOR workout for my arms!!!
    I don't care what anyone says...if it got me up & moving...I'm logging it!!!
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Opinions are like butt-holes though and everybody has one. Even me. LOL. :laugh:
    EVerytime I hear that joke, I crack up for a much different reason. My former boyfriend (and still a good buddy) has no *kitten*. He has a very bad case of Crohn's Disease and lost the *kitten* along with his colon and most of his intestines. (he also has a very wicked sense of humor about the disease and the hell his body has been through).
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    maybe she used to work for dominoes 'thirty minutes or it's free!'
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    If I did it- I log it! Don't care if it was only 5 minutes!

Amen! Every little bit counts!!!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I dont log anything less than 10 minutes. Anything over that you bet your bottom dollar, Im logging it! :p
  • richiedbond
    Options
    I don't log anything less than 6 hours of cardio.

HAHAHA says the person with the IronMan handle. That is awesome

What's really going to suck is when I break the 6 hour mark for a Half Ironman... then I won't be able to log them anymore, just the fulls.

Well that is going to suck. I am not sure what to tell you other then keep plugging away, you will get a good burn that you can log yet.

I just did my second half and have been eyeballing a 70.3 any suggestions on training for one?
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I think that's silly. HIIT workouts like the Tabata method is often as short as 4 minutes, yet you burn a lot of calories, and they're very effective for weight loss and endurance training. If this person's logic applies, then we shouldn't log bites we take that aren't part of a full meal, yes?

Edited: burn a lot of* calories.

I log 30 minutes or less of exercise but not bites of food lol

As much as I advocate doing whatever works for you, you could be really screwing yourself over by counting every last calorie that goes out, but not every leas one that comes in, it adds up very quickly.