"If it's less than 30 minutes, don't log it."

Options

Replies

• PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I totally disagree. You could do 4 10 minute blast walks and that would total 40 minutes of exercise. If you did it, be proud of it and log it!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Geez. It's all up to the individual and what is working for them. So what if they want to log just 10 minutes? It might have been an intense 10 minutes but there wasn't an option on mfp to really show that...

I personally only ever put in 10 to 20 min on my log. I exercise longer but I log half of the time I did since the calorie counts are way off on here for a lot of things. I used my body media once to test it and I only burned half of what it would say on here for most things, therefore I log half. :P You never know what the person really did. It's not really anybody else's business what is going on in somebody else's diary.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Not logging less than 30 minutes wouldn't make sense. What if I do15 minutes of kettlebell training, 15 minutes of pull ups, 15 minutes of running and 15 minutes of rowing? With a 10 minute break between each? Have I really burnt zero calories?
  • CRichards22
    CRichards22 Posts: 120
    Options
    Absolutely NOT~ That person obviously has never tried HIIT! The turbofire HIIT 15 minute kicks my butt and I burn a ton of calories!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I don't log my exercise :P
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I *only* do 30 min a day of exercise, but I sure as heck log it! It still counts! I don't log my walk to school or all the flights of steps I walk every day, but it certainly wouldn't seem odd to me if someone else did.
  • chatdude
    chatdude Posts: 39
    Options
    Hmm well 45 min probably better than 15. But any minutes are better than zero. Pretty tough to argue that
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    damn skippy ! :bigsmile: I log Jillian every time!
  • LetzgoOU
    LetzgoOU Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I log everything because to me....if you are purposefully being active by doing a workout and not sitting on the couch doing nothing...then it is log worthy! If I make the effort to workout...I'm logging it....plus some of my crossfit workouts are less than 30 mins!
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I hate the exercise police as much as the food police.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I guess someone needs to call Jillian Michaels and let her know that her 30 Day Shred video isn't a "real" workout lol
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    You do what works for you, let them do what works for them.

I specifically set my lifestyle to sedentary so I could log anything I felt like logging and still be honest with myself about it. If I got called away after ten minutes on the elliptical or decided that I just couldn't face any more of it that day, you bet your bippy I'm logging that. Exercise is exercise, regardless of the increments.
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    Scientific research shows that even just 10 minutes of vigorous exercise can have benefits. Dividing exercise into three 10 minute increments over the course of the day is shown to be no less beneficial than doing 30 minutes in one stretch. So that person is just plain wrong.

That being said, you're doing your body a great deal more good if you try to get in at least 30 minutes of exercise (at least walking) every day than if you only do 10 minutes every day. So for me, it's not that doing less than 30 minutes doesn't count (I count it!), but that doing 30 or more is better for me.

But that's me. Your mileage may vary. :)
  • Jivebunnie
    Jivebunnie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I say log everything, if it's 30 mins a day, then that 3.5hrs over the week. Some people can only manage 30 mins at a time.
  • loraeadie
    loraeadie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    what exersise do u use to burn 300 in 15 -20 min i need help plz.
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    That is a stupid rule. I walk during my lunch. Sometimes all I have is 20 minutes depends on the day. I wonder if she eats stuff and doesn't log it if its under 100 calories does it still count?
  • prov31jd
    prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I walk 15 mins before work, 15 mins at lunch, and two 15 min breaks during the day. That's a whole hour, and at least 400 calories (I walk 5.0 mph at least!).

Doesn't count? PUH-lease! Of course it counts! (My weight loss so far is proof!)

COUNT IT if it's 5 minutes!
  • Lyndelee
    Lyndelee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Heck no!! Every little bit counts.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Set your gym bike to the toughest resistance (it should feel like you're cycling through mud) and pedal like you're being chased by ravenous wolves.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

Set your gym bike to the toughest resistance (it should feel like you're cycling through mud) and pedal like you're being chased by ravenous wolves.

Either that or an elliptical, especially the ones that use the arms as well, and make that a hungry polar bear.

PS: Being actually chased by ravenous wolves would burn far more calories. Bonus calories if they catch you.