Options
    Starting weight 193 in July 2011:
    IMG_3484.jpg

Current weight 145(this pic was taken about 8 weeks ago and 10lbs heavier):
    photo9.jpg
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I'm i weight training newbie... About 2-3 weeks in. My butt is more firm, and my thighs don't jiggle. I took my before photos the other day... Can't wait for the after ;)
    I'll be back!!!
  • jhayes28
    jhayes28 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    amazing pics! Makes me re-think my current workout program!!!! Great job ladies!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Thought it would be cool to put together a little timeline showing when things started changing for me. :smile:

I started lifting in July. I'm still amazed at how quickly my back and shoulders changed. The butt was the last thing to change.

butt-view.jpg

back-view-june-march.jpg

There's really not much difference from the front. No wonder I don't really see change in the mirror, since I typically only see the front of me in the mirror! But it is only 5 pounds difference, so I really shouldn't expect much.

IMG_3787.jpg

(Edit: Yes, I shaved my pits! It's the curse of having such dark hair... I look like I have a 5 o'clock shadow!)
  • hoffman1990
    hoffman1990 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    wow, wow and triple wow. i never really envisioned myself possibly looking like you strong healthy women. my question is, do i need to lose my last 40lbs before i start lifting? i have to tell you, its a little scary thinking about eating more than 1200 calories a day. i've lost 26lbs since jan 2. i'm doing a lot of different exercise 5-6x a week but lifting is not in the mix. i bought the book "new rules for women" last night for my kindle. so do you think i should wait until i lose 30-40lbs before i start. i'm a little nervous about building muscle over my fat. i can hardly imagine having abs like you ladies, oh my goodness, its exciting just thinking about it.:happy:
  • caseyschool
    caseyschool Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    first picture taken 2 months after I had my second child (I had already lost weight but started lifting at this point)
    last pictures taken 5 months later.
    I LOVE weight training!

beforeandafterbackside.jpg
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Start lifting now! :smile: The more of your existing muscle you keep, the less pounds you'll have to lose! :drinker:
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    wow, wow and triple wow. i never really envisioned myself possibly looking like you strong healthy women. my question is, do i need to lose my last 40lbs before i start lifting? i have to tell you, its a little scary thinking about eating more than 1200 calories a day. i've lost 26lbs since jan 2. i'm doing a lot of different exercise 5-6x a week but lifting is not in the mix. i bought the book "new rules for women" last night for my kindle. so do you think i should wait until i lose 30-40lbs before i start. i'm a little nervous about building muscle over my fat. i can hardly imagine having abs like you ladies, oh my goodness, its exciting just thinking about it.:happy:
    No!! If you dont implement some type of liftting program about 22% of your total weight loss will be from lean muscle.
    In my opinion lifting is like finding the fountain of youth.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    No!! If you dont implement some type of liftting program about 22% of your total weight loss will be from lean muscle.
    In my opinion lifting is like finding the fountain of youth.

Amen!

So many women just do cardio...which is so far beyond counter productive it's not even funny. Of the two...cardio is actually the better to eliminate for fat loss and body conditioning. Now...I'm not denying its other benifits, I'm just saying if your goal is to look great, be healthy, eat far beyond what you would expect to be able to, and probably most importantly to many here, burn stupid amounts of fat...hit the weights!! Use enough cardio to get your heart and lungs warmed up...then go lift heavy. Your body will seriously thank you for it...as many of you girls here have clearly learned =D.

Awesome topic!
  • oceancharmer
    Options
    I am new to MFP, what does bump mean???
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I started weight training this week. Six days in and the weight hasn't changed but there's a few ab muscles showing (my 2-pack). ;) And I just cinched my belt up another notch. It was all I could do to stop myself from going back to the gym today. I hear a rest day and sleep really help polish off the work out... so I'm listening. :)
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP, what does bump mean???

For some it's to save the topic so they can read later or to 'bump' the topic to the top of the list for more responses.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    bump