Replies

• thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i love this! bump :)
  • smithmom531
    smithmom531 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump. Bought the NRLW recently and am working my way through the reading of it. Hoping my hubby and I can get the basement cleaned up and organized so we can set up the weight bench sometime in the next two weeks. I can totally devote 30 minutes 3-4 times a week to lifting. Can't wait to get started!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Since people are saying black thong chick is photoshopped

I seem to miss all the drama. :grumble:

Can't see how they would think her pics are photo shopped but people will think what they want
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options

the pictures in the green sports bra are from p90x, the other pictures are from New Rules of Lifting for Women and now i'm doing crossfit...but that is a work in progress!

well done! you have made some incredible progress! thanks for sharing. what an inspiration to all of us here! :flowerforyou:
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later inspiration!
  • Febes24
    Febes24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This thread is amazing. I'm purchasing the New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women today.
    Starting it April and by my 22nd birthday in August I will post a before and after picture.
    You ladies look phenomenal.. keep it up
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    This is awesome, recently started lifting myself
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    nicely done!!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Ok, can't wait to add my before and afters too! Whee!
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    this is amazing! i think weight lifting will get my body where i want it to be, what do you all think of the bowflex?
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    this is amazing! i think weight lifting will get my body where i want it to be, what do you all think of the bowflex?
    Too expensive! I use a gym. That way I don't have to move the weights if I have to move! :laugh:
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    WOWZA! Such inspirational photos. I just started NROLFW this week and am hoping I am finally on the right track. I've been doing two hours of cardio a day with very little progress.

Thanks for sharing!
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    Too expensive! I use a gym. That way I don't have to move the weights if I have to move! :laugh:

hahaha!!! well i was thinking it might be convenient since i have two kids and i saw one for 450. plus my husband is in the military so someone else always does the moving for us, so someone else will get stuck with moving it lol :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

hahaha!!! well i was thinking it might be convenient since i have two kids and i saw one for 450. plus my husband is in the military so someone else always does the moving for us, so someone else will get stuck with moving it lol :)

We have one. We got it when we lived in the mountains and had no gym. It's okay. My husband likes it. It isn't great for lower body moves. But it's better than nothing.
  • warrior_Kk
    Options
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    MFPMARCH4-1.jpg

started around 165lbs got down to 125 and now im 17-17.5% BF weighing 135lbs- 5'4"

Wow. That there is awesome. Seriously.

Up to this point, I've mostly just been doing Jillian videos. I've gotten stuck for the last few months in the weight loss. When I started this, it was 100% about getting my blood pressure down and building some muscle (always wanted to be more muscular than skinny), but somewhere along the way, I started obsessing about the scale number. I don't like that.

I've recently started Body for Life and have put the scale away, which is a little scary. I'm still logging, but I have this irrational fear that if I'm not watching the scale number, all that weight is gonna come right back. Ugh. Anyway, BFL is 12 weeks long, so I hope in 12 weeks, I will have some awesome pics to post.
  • beeka2ked
    beeka2ked Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump Bump. You all have motivated me to start back lifting weights. I did it for a little while then totally stopped and was focusing on my cardio. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    <

All I got right now. Hmmm, I'll have to look for some real befores. I started lifting in September. My avi is from end of January to mid March and I lost maybe 2 lbs but went down at least one pants size. I was only eating at a slight deficit at that time too.

Also, this isn't my after picture either. Just my during.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies! I love seeing what is possible and learning about what it takes to get there. I am starting slow and don't belong to a gym but I find your results very motivating. I read New Rules and checked out StrongLifts. Thank you for sharing your photos and stories.