I JUST RUINED MY DIET IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD

Options
1234568»

Replies

• vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the replies but has anyone said troll yet? lol

Well, that was a given from the very beginning.

You would think, but there are serious replies. lol

And the last laugh's on the troll, since there are serious replies that will no doubt be of help to someone who's really struggling with the stinking thinking that accompanies "slips".

I've been participating in internet discussions since the early Usenet days (more than a decade before the OP's birth, assuming he/she is really 19), and I still don't understand the pathology that motivates trolls.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    1 pound = 3500 calories. So, one day with an extra 430 calories isn't going to harm your weight loss goals. Just get back on track tomorrow.

Is this right?
    How come I can not go over my calories for months and still go up 5 POUNDS THIS WEEK?
    Yes I am going mad at myself and yes I have had a depressed day today as a result. :mad:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    1 pound = 3500 calories. So, one day with an extra 430 calories isn't going to harm your weight loss goals. Just get back on track tomorrow.

Is this right?
    How come I can not go over my calories for months and still go up 5 POUNDS THIS WEEK?
    Yes I am going mad at myself and yes I have had a depressed day today as a result. :mad:

There could be a bunch of reasons including, water weight, you are at the wrong calorie intake, metabolism changes.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Is this right?

Here's a short article that explains weight fluctuations ... "Weight fluctuations can result in a temporary weight increase of up to 5 pounds a day."

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/weight-loss/weight-fluctuations-explained.html
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options

Is this right?

Weight fluctuates naturally due to water/fluid retention, stress, hormone changes (TOM for women), etc. 5 pounds on the scale does not mean 5 pounds of fat.

Try not to be depressed over it. If you feel you need to, check your goals to make sure you're at the proper daily calorie amount for proper healthy weight loss. Not too small or too large of a calorie deficient. Make adjustments if you need to.

Otherwise, just go back to following your goals, and that "extra" 5 pounds will disappear again.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So my mom was kind enough to buy me a banana muffin this morning, which I didn't think was unhealthy (so much).
    Turns out... it had... 430 CALORIES
    What do I do?!
    I only eat 1300 calories a day and now i've already passed that amount!!

I hear the world is ending so calories no longer matter.
  • PrincessNariko
    Options
    No biggie :) you won't gain weight eating a few more calories once in a while. I eat pizza, candy and chocolate once a week and my weight is stable.

Just eat right the rest of the week and you'll be fine :)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i ate a 760 calorie muffin for breakfast today. at least i think it was that much, just guesstimation since its not in the database and i dont have nutrition info available.
    but i loved it :D and with my exercise today itll fit in nicely.. in fact, with my second workout i might even have some chips or a donut