AGE IS JUST A NUMBER SO STOP JUDGING!!!!

Options

Replies

• solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time, people older than you, were your age. True story.

No way Rick. Take that back. That's clearly a lie.
  • solpwr
    Options
    Until this post, I didn't realize anyone judged anyone for their age. I'm ancient apparently by your standards (51), but I just had a friend of mine tell me the other day that hanging out with me makes her feel 19 again. It's in the attitude. That being said, I usually don't have people in their 20's on my friends list.. not a hater.. just don't relate as well.

Wow you're kinda hot for 51.
  • Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sometime, now that I've thought about it, its not judging but people add others or do forums to find someone they can relate to or that they have something in common with not really to hurt anyones feelings. I add a lot of girl around my age and height because I can relate to them more.
  • esimmons99
    Options
    Get um girl... I am almost 64 feel great and yes even at my age getting in shape, getting some lbs off and feeling good.
    Age is a state of mind not so much a number.. Still get around ok for a Grandpa with 5 Grandkids.. Heck I can outwork my 21 year old .
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I just assume people who are looking for their own age group is because they want diet friends who may be at the same point in life as they are. 28 isn't old (heck, I'm 30) but there is a good chance when it comes to life experience and what your issues are at that point of life may not be the same as someone who is 18 or 20. I haven't seen anyone judge someone by their age and I think I got a diverse age group as friends but I have seen the posts on here asking for friends in their own age group which I totally understand.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I wonder why the younger MFP users always trying to make older ones feel so old!

I mean come on, this is about encouraging each others regardles of age.
    i am 28 and like all ages to be on my friends list as long as they are supportive and i have notice that most much olther ones are very supportive. we will all be old some day so please stop this age thing that is going on here!

Wow, I'm almost 40 and never noticed any ageism going on here. Maybe I don't go looking for it. You're young, enjoy it. :)
    I'm will be 56 in April. I would not go back for anything. I'm enjoying myself now more then ever. Really don't care what anyone has to say about anything anymore. That's the beauty of getting old.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    To jcpmoore, love the shirt. To bad they let him go. Will miss H. Wards smile when I get to watch the games.
  • Leesa22
    Leesa22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 59. OMG, I just crawled out of my own grave!
    Welcome back ;)
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Birthdays are good for you;
    the more you have,
    the longer you live.
  • prov31jd
    prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have not noticed any age discrimination on MFP since I've been on . . . .but this was a very entertaining thread. I didn't realize there were so many of us with such dry humor (which I LOVE!). I'm laughing out loud, at work . . . .good thing it's Friday afternoon, and half the office is gone for the weekend. I'd like to quote all my favorite responses here, to give you all credit, but it would take up too much room.

Suffice it to say, you've turned a ridiculous premise into a good 20 minutes of laughter-laced reading. SO THANKS!
  • solpwr
    Options
    Sometime, now that I've thought about it, its not judging but people add others or do forums to find someone they can relate to or that they have something in common with not really to hurt anyones feelings. I add a lot of girl around my age and height because I can relate to them more.

Yup. That's it.

The first thing I did when deciding I needed a friend collection is to put a call out for all the 50 something fat guys who were single, shaved their heads, loved wine, rode bicycles, and listened to Deadmau5 and Skrillex. When that didn't work out so well I went with plan B.
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Pedobear.png

LMFAO
  • solpwr
    Options
    Pedobear.png

LMFAO

Is that like a bear? A mouse? And what's in his mouth?!? Creepy.
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options

Yup. That's it.

The first thing I did when deciding I needed a friend collection is to put a call out for all the 50 something fat guys who were single, shaved their heads, loved wine, rode bicycles, and listened to Deadmau5 and Skrillex. When that didn't work out so well I went with plan B.

Woot Deadmau5 and bwahaha cracked me up! xD
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I have not witnessed any ageism on MFP. Can you point to any specific examples?

I haven't noticed any either.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Hey you, kid -- I got pics of your Grandma doin' Hendrix at Woodstock.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This post says more about you than anyone else. I'm about to turn 47 and never once have I felt any sort of age related anything. It's been a great experience so far.

^^pretty well this. I am over 40. Most MPF people including those in their 20's have been great.
  • Loislaine61
    Options
    I'm one of the oldies and I've never noticed any ageism. My friends are of all different ages.

Lois
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    You may have a 50 year old who behaves like a 20 year old so age is JUST A NUMBER.

I'm glad you are comfortable making friends with people of any age, but why are you judging people for having a personal preference in their own relationships?

I am not judging anyone here but just to let others who feel they need their age group know that older ones can be very encouraging as well.

People need to WIDEN OUT.! !

WIDEN OUT?!?!?! Already did that! That's why I'm here! To un-widen my Fat *kitten*
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    I'm 59. OMG, I just crawled out of my own grave!

ROFLMAO