Black Team week 2

Options

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    mine always have to see what it looks like, but don't care if it looks bad.

That's a boy for ya!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, kids...I just registered for my 5K! Guess I can't punk out now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know you can do this! 5k is a piece of cake!! after this you'll be all for that 10k!

I know I can do it because I am running that now...just nervous because I am so SLOW. But like I told BF just now, I don't need to win...I just want to do it. And seriously, I'm running 3+ miles...I really should be proud of that.
    Who cares how slow you are. I am slow too. You will still finish before all those who walk! All that really matters is that you do it.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i know what you mean sam, both of my boys have been chatterboxes since they learned to talk.

It's unbelieveable how much she knows. I always get htose emails sent to me from parents mag. and they tell me a two yr. old should know beteen 50 and 100 words and should be able to do 4 word sentences?!?!?! Not my kid. That same day I read that she had something in her hand and said to her dad :here daddy you can have this I don't want it"

Side note: YAY I get to go to Dora Live! WAHOOO!! So exciting! NOT!!!:noway: :noway:

Owens about average with his vocabulary. He can say 3 word sentences and probably knows 100 + words, but this kid and not only throw a ball half way across the yard, but can hit it with a bat off a tee ALL the way across the yard WITHOUT knocking the tee over! And I think he runs faster than me too :laugh: and he just turned 2 in april!

That's awesome!! Maybe he will be a ball player. Everyone keeps telling me I have to get Madison into basketball or volleyball when she gets older because she is going to be way tall but I'm leaving it up to her. Her Dr. said anywhere between 5'9" and 6' for her. I think she might want to be a dancer or a singer! Daddy just wants her to be smart!

Wow, that's really tall! How tall are you and your hubs?
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    that's awesome sam, maybe she'll be a supermodel

my guys are tiny little peanuts...i'm afraid they're gonna be tiny little men that never get dates
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i know what you mean sam, both of my boys have been chatterboxes since they learned to talk.

It's unbelieveable how much she knows. I always get htose emails sent to me from parents mag. and they tell me a two yr. old should know beteen 50 and 100 words and should be able to do 4 word sentences?!?!?! Not my kid. That same day I read that she had something in her hand and said to her dad :here daddy you can have this I don't want it"

Side note: YAY I get to go to Dora Live! WAHOOO!! So exciting! NOT!!!:noway: :noway:

Owens about average with his vocabulary. He can say 3 word sentences and probably knows 100 + words, but this kid and not only throw a ball half way across the yard, but can hit it with a bat off a tee ALL the way across the yard WITHOUT knocking the tee over! And I think he runs faster than me too :laugh: and he just turned 2 in april!

That's awesome!! Maybe he will be a ball player. Everyone keeps telling me I have to get Madison into basketball or volleyball when she gets older because she is going to be way tall but I'm leaving it up to her. Her Dr. said anywhere between 5'9" and 6' for her. I think she might want to be a dancer or a singer! Daddy just wants her to be smart!

I'd really like to get him into baseball, he's left handed too. But like you said, I'm going to let him decide.

Wow, where does she get all that height from? Maybe she'll be a model?
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

I'm 5'6" and dad is 6'2". He has aunts in there 60's who are like 5'9" still. I'm the tallest one on my side so she is getting all her height from her dads side. Ava might just be normal. She is only in the 85th percentile for height
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

my guys are tiny little peanuts...i'm afraid they're gonna be tiny little men that never get dates

They are way to cute to not get any dates!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    well, hubby's home from the gym, i'm sure he'll be saying hello soon
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

I'm 5'6" and dad is 6'2". He has aunts in there 60's who are like 5'9" still. I'm the tallest one on my side so she is getting all her height from her dads side. Ava might just be normal. She is only in the 85th percentile for height

LOL...you sound like my cousin and her hubs...she is 5'8" and he is 6'4". Their oldest daughter is 3 and she's a giant! Poor girl has highwater pants because of her height but is too thin to go up another size. That's gonna suck when she gets bigger.
  • Vanessa414
    Options

They are way to cute to not get any dates!

I was just gonna say that!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

Your kids are way too cute for that. You and Andrew are gonna have little girls calling for them in no time. :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

LOL...you sound like my cousin and her hubs...she is 5'8" and he is 6'4". Their oldest daughter is 3 and she's a giant! Poor girl has highwater pants because of her height but is too thin to go up another size. That's gonna suck when she gets bigger.

She is already in an xs in the girls dept. she will be 3 at the end of june and she is 3'3" and almost 40 pounds!
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Okay, so.... I'm really nervous about this.. but I don't think I'm going to work out today....

If it was any other day, I wouldn't care, but I endulged in my ABSOLUTE favorite pizza for lunch. :love: Though I only had once slice... it's a big slice. I'm only 35 over my calories for the day, but I feel like two daring decisions in one day isn't a good idea.

What do you guys think? You decide for me. Lol. If you say workout, I'll workout.

My fate is in your hands....

:heart:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Okay, so.... I'm really nervous about this.. but I don't think I'm going to work out today....

If it was any other day, I wouldn't care, but I endulged in my ABSOLUTE favorite pizza for lunch. :love: Though I only had once slice... it's a big slice. I'm only 35 over my calories for the day, but I feel like two daring decisions in one day isn't a good idea.

What do you guys think? You decide for me. Lol. If you say workout, I'll workout.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about being over by 35 cals as long as you're not going to eat anything else. Listen to your body...if you are feeling tired like you need a rest day, then rest. Otherwise, get goin!

I didn't follow directions, did I? Well, today is one of my off days so I feel like sharing. Vote for day off.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options

I'm laying in my chair with only the energy to click and type, so I have no valid opinion. Plus I totally overdid it for lunch today at a Mexican restaurant. On top of that, I didn't work out because I was at the school all day with the kids. And even worse, I didn't log a darn thing so I have no idea how badly I blew my calories. And to top it all off, all I can think about is eating ice cream, which thank goodness I have none and it's pouring down rain so I'm not motivated enough to leave the house to get some.

So there you have it. Your day is still better than mine even with your pizza and no workout!
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    You know what... I'm not going to. I'll get up tomorrow and walk Owen up to the park and back and get a work out in later in the day. No biggie! I've got 3 days to get in as many workouts and possible!!!

Tonight, I relax.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Holy crap, kids...I just registered for my 5K! Guess I can't punk out now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know you can do this! 5k is a piece of cake!! after this you'll be all for that 10k!

I know I can do it because I am running that now...just nervous because I am so SLOW. But like I told BF just now, I don't need to win...I just want to do it. And seriously, I'm running 3+ miles...I really should be proud of that.

Dang right lady!

No worries about speed. Just run it and have fun! The 5k I am running in June follows the same path as the mother's day 5k that was run this past month and the top male finished in 14 mins. lol So it's definately not about winning for me. lol

:drinker:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Shuntae - Go you! I can't even imagine entering any kind of running event. You're already ahead of a lot of people right there!

Beth - I agree with the others. Your boys are so adorable! They'll be getting all kinds of dates!

I can't wait until Harley says all kinds of cute stuff...Well, yeah, I can because I love her being a baby and I don't want her to ever grow up. :laugh: But that stuff is fun. Right now she's started saying "Ba". She's funny because she tries so hard that it's like she's forcing it out. I look at her and say, "Say 'Mama'." She looks back at me like she's thinking and then goes ... "Ba!" :laugh:

I have a cold right now. Allergies have been bugging me for the last week or so. Last night it started into my chest. Today Harley and I went to the bank to visit my former co-workers for lunch and we order (usually bad) food there so I wanted to make sure I burnt some calories. But after only 20 minutes on the elliptical I had to stop because I felt like I was wheezy. Ever since then, I feel like I have a brick on my chest. So I'm afraid I won't be able to work out for a few days until this passes. Yesterday I did an ab DVD for the first time. Unfortunately now my abs hurt every time I cough which has been a lot. :grumble:

Okay, enough complaining. :tongue: Later black teamers! :flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    You know what... I'm not going to. I'll get up tomorrow and walk Owen up to the park and back and get a work out in later in the day. No biggie! I've got 3 days to get in as many workouts and possible!!!

Tonight, I relax.
    Good Decision Vanessa!

Your on fire and doing so well and with that comes a need to push yourself. And It also comes with the chance to burn yourself out so I am proud of you for taking it easy tonight. I was like a crazed animal out of the gate myself and then one day I realized how "perminant" this lifestyle was going to be I felt at peace with the occasional day off ect.... Your doing so well and your going to form some great habits to not only lose your weight but to be healthy for life and part of that is...as crazy as this sounds.... having a non work-out day with some pizza for lunch every once in a while. :drinker:
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Thanks Andrew! It's a great night to do it too, cuz the Twins are kicking some Milwaukee booty.

Well, I'm off to bed methinks. Today was crazy stressful at work and I'm just exhausted and feel like curlling up in bed with my blankets and dreaming about seeing ex boyfriends as my new skinny self. :laugh:

Have a great night all!!!