hooking up on first date??

Options

Replies

• butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you are into him, then do what feels right. I think this talk about first date, second date, don't do it until your 100th date, blah blah blah, is all about making yourself feel less guilty. I took the guilt out of dating, and it made dating a lot more fun. I have had sex on the first date, and I have never had sex, regardless of the date number. Depends on the spark.

I did have sex on the first date a little over two years ago, and now we are married and happy as can be.

I do not, however, think that you should have sex if you aren't feeling it, or if the guy (or girl! People are equal opportunity offenders) is overly pushy about it. That does lead to later shame and unhappiness (been there too).
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I met this guy online and after four weeks of talking, we finally met. Hooked up that night. 8 years later (almost 5 years of marriage) I'm lucky enough to still hook up with that guy. Ha Ha.

But he's a minute man with STDs, right? ;-)
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    If two adults want to hook up on the first date then more power to them.

I have irrational fears about STD's and what not so I don't do it.

I did appreciate the last guy I was out with because he carried recent papers stating that he was tested for all STD's and came back clean in the last month. I still didn't sleep with him on the first date. ^_^
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yeah, we're guys. If you want to make us happy show up naked. If you want to make us really happy bring beer. However, let’s not play like you sweet, innocent women are not the same. You have needs too. Which, by the way, I found out are not needs at all. They are desires. Go figure….
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    It means.. he finds you sexually attractive.

Seriously, he may only want sex, he may be into you and wants to see how things go, he may REALLY be into you and see something serious happening. Who knows? It doesn't mean anything bad because he wants to sleep with you on the first date.

If he lies to you to get it, or tries to pressure you into it when you don't want to jump in that soon, yeah it's probably the first option and he's an *kitten* at the same time.

If you really like the guy though and want something serious out of it, you may want to wait a little longer than the first date (Just my opinion) I know there are lots of success stories that come from people hooking up as soon as they meet, but there's also lots of hurt feelings when one person lies to get what they want, and then doesn't want to know. At least you know if you wait a little longer, chances are he likes you somewhat for your personality as well as sexual appeal. Ultimately though, do what makes you happy :smile:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    hey all, just needed some advice from males and females about the above topic! if a guy try's to have sex on the first date what does it tell about him? is it that bad? and oh say the guy and the girl don't really know each-other, they just met online 4 weeks ago!

Oh honey.

A guy TRIES to have sex the first time they see you. By the time it's moved to an actual date we're just frustratedly counting the minutes until actual sex.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    bump

Lol... I'm so stupid. I saw this and thought all it said was "hump"....guess this post has got my mind in the gutter!!!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    bump

Lol... I'm so stupid. I saw this and thought all it said was "hump"....guess this post has got my mind in the gutter!!!

LOL!
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My first time I waited a year to have sex with my boyfriend. When we broke up after that (yes he waited a year to have sex then dumped me after wards and no I wasn't the clingy type) My next boyfriend a year later and I had sex on the first night we met online originally but had talked on the phone everyday for hours before meeting in person. It was an actual relationship not just about sex. The last guy was just a hook up but I made it clear that is all I wanted but we didn't have sex for about 3 months after meeting by mutual friends, and when I met my husband we had sex the first night too. (a girls got needs lol) Point is if it isn't what said girl wants then she needs to make clear that isn't going to happen and if that is all he wants he needs to take a hike. Be in control of your own sex life, don't do it because it is expected or don't not do it because you worry what someone else will think. BE SAFE ALWAYS.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I wonder many friend requests misskortney will get with that comment! :) lol

HA!
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If you looking to make this long term and you are uncomfortable with having sex, then if he really respects you he will back off and wait. Statistics say that if he gets his way the first time he will probably move on.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I will sleep with anyone I find attractive, regardless of how long I've known them. Sex is just something fun to do with your clothes off, IMHO.

Hi, nice to meet you :flowerforyou:

Hahahahah!!!

Hey.. how you doin?
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I didn't have sex with my current boyfriend for 6 weeks after we were together. I didn't plan it..it just happened like this. We both wanted to take things slow, and one night it just happened.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    For some sex is an emotional experience, for others (myself included) sex is just something we do for pleasure. Like tennis.

OMG I LOVE THIS....hahahahaha you compared it to tennis....OUTSTANDING! :laugh:

I will sleep with anyone I find attractive, regardless of how long I've known them. Sex is just something fun to do with your clothes off, IMHO.

Hi, nice to meet you

Hahahahah!!!

Hey.. how you doin?

You ladies crack me up!

IMO...do what feels right TO YOUj
    Be safe, use protection
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    What is this "sex" thing everyone is talking about. :ohwell:
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If you want a relationship with this guy then don't give him everything on the first date!

Agree i find when you give it all up the first night what is there to look forward too. Unless he sees his life with you that fast he will move on and you got played.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Men think about sex, a lot. So is it bad that he wants to have sex on the first date? No. It is just the way men are wired.

However, if you are not comfortable with "hooking up" on the first date, then don't.

I am an anomaly as I have only been with one person- but that was my choice. If a guy is into you, for more than just a casual hook up, he will respect you if you want to wait. If he doesn't that's when I would see warning signs.

As others have said though- do what you feel comfortable with- because that's all that really matters.
  • Bohohippy
    Bohohippy Posts: 56
    Options
    Ditch... anyone who can't wait isn't worth your time :) I met my boyfriend online (2 years in) first date, all he got was a kiss, hug and holding hands hehe. All my other failed short relationships, the guy wanted sex from day one usually. :S
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I basically forced myself on my ex, and my bf basically forced himself on me so it worked out both ways :)
    Um let's not try to make forced sex sound OK.

No, let's not. It's never okay. Ever. Even "basically."
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Guys NOT wanting sex on the first date only happens in movies...and Hallmark cards.